“Best Sushi We Have Ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shinji by Kanesaka

Shinji by Kanesaka
1 Beach Road | #02-20 Raffles Hotel, Singapore 189673 , Singapore (Downtown Core)
+65 6338 6131
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Austin, Texas
“Best Sushi We Have Ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is an amazing restaurant and worth every cent. It is difficult to get in, but it is worth the wait and the money. GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!

• Visited February 2014

Hong Kong, China
“Best sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Shinji is easily the best sushi restaurant in Singapore. I travel to Singapore on a monthly basis and I have become a regular customer there, you cannot get fresher sushi that the ones in Shinji. It is not cheap, but definitely worth every dollar of it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Best food & best service from Kikuchi San!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was our third visit to Shinji (but first time to EOI branch).
Kikuchi San was the sushi master who served us all this while.
He was such talented chef. He prepared the food according to our needs, especially for my children. He knew that my children like kani maki (crab hand rolls), he especially prepared the real crab meat to make the kani maki for my kids. Usually the kani maki found in the market was the crab stick (make from fake crab or fish).
Service was the best ever get from a fine Japanese restaurant.
The food was imported from Japan everyday. They were fresh and juicy!

The restaurant was sharing a same level restaurant space with another Chinese restaurant.
Shinji EOI had only sushi counter which could only serve 8 to 10 guests per meal session.

And it was the branch last day of operation.
We were told they will be shifting to St. Regis soon.

Can't wait to visit you again Kikuchi San!

• Visited December 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Consistently Mind-Blowing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Traveled to Singapore again, and naturally, I had to drop by one of my favorite restaurants here!

I had dinner there on the 27th of January 2014 (for my wedding anniversary) and again, earlier this evening, to celebrate my best friend's belated birthday.

1. Quality of the food
Sublime - the ingredients used are so fresh!!!
Any fresher, and my slices of chutoro would have marched right off the plate. I half expected the pieces of uni on my little dish to break out into song.

Dishes are evidently meticulously conceived and well thought out - I love how they combine flavours. Pretty much the best Japanese restaurant in Singapore, imho, and it's really difficult eating anywhere else because the sashimi/sushi at all other restaurants just pale in comparison.

2. Quality of the service
Impeccable, as always.
When you make a reservation, Shinji always makes it a point to contact you a few days before to confirm the reservation, and again on the day itself. They are quick to follow-up with you, and consistently extremely reliable.
Lois, especially (the manager) is extremely professional, warm and very, very sweet. Erica, also, always makes me feel very much at home.

The chefs really know their stuff - and are very passionate and dedicated.
When one is at Shinji, one is truly in good hands: You will be able to experience true Japanese hospitality -- excellent service, Oshino-san/Yoshi-san's gentle, self-deprecating humor mixed with warmth & professionalism.

• Visited February 2014
Hong Kong
“Great service and fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Booked a lunch with my family here. Great email communications. Welcomed by 5 staff when arriving. Great to see Shinji preparing and overseeing the chef to deliver the nice lunch. Chosen the basic set menu thinking that we will need to have afternoon tea after this at Raffles as the menu only listed as 9 pieces of shushi. I was wrong, they keep on coming with extra appetizers and dessert and we were all full. Manager was very helpful and even give us suggestions for Chicken rice nearby. Seeing the chef meticulously preparing for every piece is really great.

• Visited January 2014