This was our first stay in Singapore and we booked this hotel for 3 nights.
We received an incredible small room ( there was not enough space for us to lay down our suitcases) with no windows, and not even a small vent. But this was not the worst thing. The worst thing was the smell. The walls were filled with damp and this caused a smell that made my throat surrow.Also, you could hear everything sound caused by other neighbors. Not to mention the sheets and towels were grey-ish instead of white.
Considering the above, after only 2 hours spent during the first night we decided to pay only for the first night and move to a different hotel. I fill that even paying for that single night was a waste of money.
Bonus: The breakfast was served in a room filled with ants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Jayleen 1918 is affordably priced and located right in the City Centre, close to the Singapore River, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay Entertainment District.It is walking distance to Raffles Place, Chinatown, The Esplanade, and within 2km to Suntec City Convention Centre and Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre and Hotel.Both Tourists and Business Visitors alike find this hotel ideally located and suitably priced.The Hotel has a heritage look, both on its external facade, as well as in the decor of its rooms, while being modern, recently built with Free Wifi and Free Local Telephone Calls. A sumptuous American Buffet Breakfast is also included in the room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Otel, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Jayleen 1918 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Jayleen 1918 Hotel Singapore
- Jayleen 1918 Hotel Singapore