“Creative ambience, great service, delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #335 of 7,750 Restaurants in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brand new, fabulous food at low prices, excellent presentation, a jewel in the rough
San Francisco, California
“Creative ambience, great service, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Artichoke was probably my Fave new restaurant of this trip to Singapore; very creative ambience (old church set in the energetic and colorful Bugis area), delicious food and very attentive service (from both the owner and the friendly and attentive servers- i can't say enough about the service since my experience in other restaurants was absolutely disappointing)

The owner was so on top of things- spotted my parents with us and knew exactly how to approach the challenge, made awesome recommendations and came back over and over again to check on us.
The waitstaff was smart and friendly- very well-trained servers.
The food was delicious, from the Meze Platter to the Lamb Shiska (sp) and my sis's Haloumi cheese salad. The date pudding was delicious too.

Prices are very reasonable; brunch is only served on the weekends. We'll be back to check out dinner service!
Be sure to make reservations

Highly, highly recommend

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We waited 40 mins until the first dish will be prepared. During that time we ate bread and even lost appetite. The restaurant was not packed, just a usual evening on Sat. when we ordered beer, they forgot to bring it so we had to remind. And I was with guests which I invited. Plus the prices are very expensive for a small portion. Definitely never go there again!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Great tapas-style food, cozy setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Interesting concept of serving food tapas-style (but selection is not just the usual tapas fare). Highly recommend the chicken, cheese, pork and beet root. Although the outdoor seating is very charming, can get hot and stuffy given Singapore's climate.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Delicious, unique brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We came to Artichoke without a reservation (I would recommend one as we got lucky with a bar spot) and had a lovely experience. Had their set brunch which was an interesting spread of Med/Leb samplings. Bit pricey though.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore
“Great Food & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend recently had dinner at Art-i-choke and I was very impressed with the quality of the tapas dishes. It was my girlfriend's second time eating there and I now know why she brought me. There is both indoor and outdoor seating areas and there was a great buzz and atmosphere in the restaurant. We started with reasonably priced starters and the main courses were very generous. The quality of the food is excellent and I would recommend Art-i-Choke to anyone looking for a relaxed tapas meal. P.S. Go for the Chocolate Cookie Desert!!

• Visited September 2012