“Nice Staycation” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 292 hotels in Singapore
“Nice Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Thanks for reading this review.
I stayed at Fullerton Bay Hotel with my wife and child for a single night as a staycation. I have a package deal that includes an afternoon tea at the “The Landing Point” which is part of the hotel.
The hotel is fantastic. There is a good blend of modernity (it is a new hotel) and history (it is part of the old Clifford Pier). We stayed in the Deluxe room which is a decent size. The room is very nice with a glass separating the bathroom and the main sleeping area. Wife and I can see our son from the bed when he wanders into the bathroom which is pretty neat.
The hotel location is pretty good, it is a very short drive to the Marina Bay Sands Shopping center which has lots of shops. And also walking distance to the business district if anyone is staying there for business.
The service in the hotel is also very top-notch. The check-in staff managed to help me arranged for a reservation for the afternoon tea and called up to confirm the reservation the minute I stepped into my room.
The family was at the pool in the early morning about 8am and the staff is already there and offered us some iced water.
The staff also seem very friendly and available. Hardly ever needed to wait and there was always warm greetings when we chanced upon them during the stay.
Not sure what the occupancy rate is but the overall feel is very private and quiet. Really enjoyed our stay and will go back again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our one-night stay at the Fullerton Bay Hotel was very satisfying. We booked a bay view room without any hassles. We especially loved the fragrant smell as we entered the lobby. The front desk staff were particularly pleasant and accommodating.

The hotel design and amenities were very tasteful, and the view from our room was really lovely. The breakfast buffet spread was just right for my friend and I. Can't complain about the restaurant service as it was impeccable.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

From your arrival at the hotel where guest services meet you to be taken to the hotel reception area this hotel has wow factor from start to end.

This open, airy and light hotel with luxurious furnishings only has around 80 rooms so the staff really make sure you feel like their only guest.

The buffet breakfast has everything you could imagine and more with the best coffee in Singapore.

The rooftop pool and bar area is a hub of activity on a Friday night and is a popular hang for expats. The rooftop pool itself is huge!!! it has the best views of Marina Bay Sands and on a Friday and Saturday night you have front row seats for the laser light show on Marina Bay Harbour.

The rooms all have private balconies and lovely views. The rooms themselves are lovely with rain shower heads and hand held shower heads also, along with a bath that has a built in TV!

As a Travel Agent for high end clientele this is my number 1 choice for a Singapore stay! And stay 2 or 3 nights and there is so much to see and do!!

• Stayed July 2012
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As soon as we walked into the Fullerton Bay Hotel after a long 12 hour flight from Paris we knew that we had made the right choice in selecting the Fullerton Bay to relax and recover from our jet lag. We were very impressed with the professionalism and the courteous, friendly and caring attitude of the staff. The Landing Point Restaurant was a great place to enjoy a meal, have a drink and admire the view of the Bay. Reception and the public areas were decorated to a very high standard with an elegant feel. Our corner room was spacious with neutral decor and had all the latest electronic gadgets. The view from our room at night of the Bay and the Singapore skyline was spectacular. My memories of the Fullerton Bay Hotel will mainly be of the attentive and caring nature of the staff and management. I have no doubt that I will recommend the Fullerton Bay to family and friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a Marina Bay view Prestige Room.

The hotel is a fantastic piece of architecture, rooms, common areas and restaurants are beautifully decorated, with stylish and classy decor. Not too plush but very elegant.

The room is comfortable, spacious, with nice amenities and enough space to enjoy staying in.
Room service food is very good as well as it's the breakfast.

The view from the room is amazing, overlooking Marina Bay and with sounds and lights show unfolding every evening in front of your balcony, it's a perfect location for a romantic moment.

It would have been a 5 star review if not for some small but significant faults. The light control panel in my room was not working properly, and consider that it's the only one that allows you to turn off the lights to go to bed. I signaled it the first day, and the second day I decided to call again and ask the maintenance to bring a new panel I changed myself, just to be sure it worked. It's understandable for an old hotel, but the Fullerton Bay it's just 2 years old. Maintenance it's also needed elsewhere, like in some small cracks on the bathroom wall or the cardboard tubes containing the amenities in the bathroom.
The other point it's the service. They are nice, kind and serving with a smile, but efficiency it's not their forte. Check in and Check out procedures are very slow, and sometimes it's hard to get understood at the first request.

Overall, a very nice stay, and for sure I would suggest the hotel.

Room Tip: Premier Room overlooking the Bay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bromma, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

One word - Posh.

From the entrance to the room. In the room, from the door out to the balcony. It was really really really expensive, exclusive, luxury that come to one word, posh.

The bathroom/toilet was superb. I love the rain shower. And the glass panel and blinder that separate the bathroom/toilet to the room. The toiletries provided was absolutely an exceptional quality products.

The coffee, espresso machine provided was "yehaaaaa!" for me. Never seen anything like that before.

Just a lil bit noisy. I don't know where all the sound came from but it distracting my sleep at night. To say it was from MBS, doesn't make sense because MBS was not that near. To say it from the road side, nah... I'm facing the river/MBS. Neighbor? Not sure.

Well, actually, I don't know what to say or review about this place as it was really too amazing for someone simple like me. I am just a backpacker who once in a while went on splurge spree during my trip and this place certainly worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For my partners birthday I booked a nights stay and included the time for romance package. On arrival we were upgraded to the Clifford Suite - which was fantastic; its a very large corner suite on the fifth floor with views and balconies overlooking both Marina Bay Sands and across to the Fullerton Hotel. The interior was beautifully decorated and included all mod cons, these personal touches made you feel like you were staying in someones luxurious apartment rather than a hotel room.

The time for romance package came with dinner in the room and on check in we were presented with the menu to select from, none of which really appealed to our personal tastes. w]without batting an eyelid, the receptionist advised that the catering team would call us in the room to discuss alternative options. Within 10 minutes of being in the room we were visited (rather than telephoned) by the catering manager who asked us what we would like for dinner instead; nothing was too much trouble and this level of service was to set the benchmark for the service we received throughout our stay - simply outstanding!

The suite was so perfect that we spent the whole day in there just relaxing, having afternoon tea, which was huge (I suggest you only order food for 1), and dinner served in the room.

At 9.30pm we had prime viewing on the balcony for the light and sound show at Marina Bay Sands, it really provided a perfect vantage point and we got some awesome photos.

Top tip: The default pillows on the bed were way too soft for us, and by the time I realised I was too tired to go through the extensive pillow menu and get them changed. Try them out and get them changed before you are too tired.

What would have been a perfect stay was marred only by the party that another room decided to host on their balcony; this carried on until 2am. I would have marked this stay with 5 stars, if the duty manager had stopped the party before 2am.

Very minor 'negative' feedback; the cardboard tubes that the bathroom amenities are packed in, look battered and a bit 'cheap', especially when compared to the quality of the fixtures and fittings.

Room Tip: As someone that frequents Kinki, Bar and restaurant, which faces the Fullerton Bay, remember to pull...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore? Share your experiences!