I stayed at the hotel in October 2013 for 5 days with my 2 yr old daughter.
Beautiful property, small but with alot of character and history. The location of the hotel was probably what I was most happy with, close to the Canning Park, about a 15 mins walk to Orchard Street, 15 mins walk to Clarke Quay (if you cut through the park) and 7 mins walk to Dhobi Ghat rail station. So convenient enough. The staff were helpful and courteous and always greeted us with a smile. And I think the bathrooms are amazing with great views and a pretty unique design concept. Oh, lets not forget, they had happy hour every evening between 6pm - 9pm in the hotel bar and lounge. Free alcohol on certain brands. I think that's cool!
A few issues to mention :
- the wifi is horrible. It just would not connect. That's a pity, because it's free and yet one can't seem to connect to it.
- Another small issue was the housekeeping sometimes were not done with cleaning the rooms even till 3:30pm - 4pm. I found that a bit annoying, as when one returns from half a day of sightseeing and wants a nap or relaxation, to come back to a messy room, is a bit frustrating.
- And not very flexible with early check in or late check out. I did finally get my late check out (thanks to Kelson, great guy) but I think if there are families with children, they should be a little more flexible.
Would I recommend the hotel to others? Most definitely.
Would I ever return there myself? Most definitely.
It's cozy, beautifully located right near the beautiful Canning park and overall not too much to fault. I'd rate her an 8 out of 10.
Go on, give it a go :)
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fort Canning Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery of a historical park, the heritage Hotel Fort Canning offers a discreet sanctuary of calm in the vibrant city and an epitome of style and modern comfort in each of its 86 guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Fort Canning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.