“Quiet but 5 minutes from the action” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Christmas in the Tropics
Ranked #43 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Quiet but 5 minutes from the action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

2 days into my visit - enjoying it! Modern amenities room - nice for a short term stay but would upscale to a larger room for a longer term stay.

Excellent breakfast buffet included in my rate -

Grace: staff member is wonderful!!! She makes everyone feel very special and always has a smile on her face - especially important to those of us who are away from home a long time solo(on a one month business trip)

suggest you consider this hotel in your travels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Franck-Hardy-GM, General Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the great title of your review, which reflects well who and where we are, quiet and serene environment while just a 5 minute walk from Orchard.
I am glad you enjoyed "the modern amenity room and our breakfast", and i was delighted to read that Grace made another customer feel home and served with a smile. I will praise her for her great attitude.

Warm regards,

Franck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Fort Canning was rather enjoyable and reviving, the staff was very courteous and helpful at all times, the rooms were kept in the high standard I had read about. the all inclusive buffet breakfast was full of freshly cooked foods and fruits, if you like eggs they chiefs will cook them to your style on the spot and well as pancakes, a minor wait may be required depending on timing. the hotel was very helpful in holding our luggage on our was day after checkout until we needed to go to the airport and this was some 6+ hours. the surrounding park is beautiful and worth a walk through, early morning is best before it gets to hot. The hotel will require a $250 SD hold on your credit card, but they don't actually take the money and when you checkout you just pay for any incidentals and the hold is released.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Franck-Hardy-GM, General Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Jeoff and Lynn,

Thank you for your nice review of Hotel Fort Canning and noticing the high standard of our rooms.

I also thank you for mentioning our chef cooking the eggs the way our customers want them.

Keeping luggage for our guests who have a late flight is our standard, so you can freely go to town on your last day.

Thank you for being great guests who enjoyed our hotel,

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wow. I have just returned from a six day visit to Singapore with my brother to visit places where we once lived. We choose the Hotel Fort Canning for its location and character of building where our father possible once worked in the 1950's.
Our choice was perfect. The hotel is finished to a very high standard and the staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful.
On our last day we were allowed to keep our room for an extra couple of hours and our luggage was then stored ready for collection for our night flight home. We were also shown where we could shower and change ready for our journey home. Fantastic service.
Hopefully one day I will be able to return to Singapore and will definitely stay again at the Hotel Fort Canning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Franck-Hardy-GM, General Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Vivien,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Hotel Fort Canning, I do remember you well talking about your father who may have been based in our hotel in the 1950's, when the British Military took it back after the second World war and used it as part of the British Military Administration.

You have been amazing guests to serve, speak with and listen to.

Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review of our hotel and the fantastic service you received.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Fort Canning Hotel makes you feel welcome as soon as you arrive. The rooms are lovely, pools are beautiful, evening drinks are bliss. The location is magic as it's set amongst Fort Canning Park so lots of lovely walks around. And it is not far from the city, all within walking distance - even in the heat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Franck-Hardy-GM, General Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear guest,

As a senior reviewer, the team and I can only take your review as excellent, and I am extremely happy your experience with us was awesome, from the pool, the rooms and the drinks from 6-8pm daily.

It's great to read that you enjoyed the walk around the park and appreciated our location, in a quiet park, yet a 5 minute walk from Orchard road.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Arrived late afternoon on Singapore's National Day. Hotel very busy but reception staff took the time to explain what was happening, services available, restaurant times, history of Fort Canning then we were escorted to our room where receptionist explained how everything worked. This was very helpful as room ie blinds, lights, air condition and TV etc were touch button operated. Room was very modern , well equipped with an outlook over part of gardens surrounding the hotel.
Restaurants - 3 choices -were all excellent with great food and helpful friendly staff.
The location of the hotel was very central to all that Singapore has to offer. MRT and bus services are a few minutes from the hotel, very easy to use and inexpensive.

The real gem of this hotel is the staff who went out of their way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. Five days went too fast. but we will return and, based on this experience, will stay at Hotel Fort Canning again.

Many thanks to the management and staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and that our front office team and our staff in general made everything they could to make you feel home.

Thank you so much for your great feedback following your 5-day stay with us,

The team and I truly appreciate the time you took to write your review and to give us a top score.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

It is my first time in singapore having a vication and at least to relax my self, the moment i am thinking where to stay here, first hotel i saw from web is this hotel. I dont know why but i just think its a best place for me to have what i wanted, since from the photo it is very nice and sutable for what i want, i just booked it. But from the moment of my arrival i guy tooked my attention, the way he gave his services its really can admired, from the greeting and how he welcome me as a guest, i can considered that he is well trained and a high person on his job, this staff really makes me special, his a toll guy from the reception area and i think his from phillippines, considered the way of his service and attitude toward his work is well diserving and a very nice guy he really an asset in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Franck-Hardy-GM, General Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear guest,

We are so honoured to read such a feedback, I think you are mentioning Jay from Front Office and he is so happy to have impressed you, and so are we.

Our desire to make our guests happy, welcomed, looked after and cared for is being translated into a beautiful service delivery.

I am delighted to hear about your great experience with us, and I thank you for your excellent review,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The central location is great and the hotel is gorgeous. However, the most impressive thing about the hotel is the service! The care, concern, and assistance provided by the hotel staff was outstanding. The staff treated me as though I was family. Obviously, management vales the service provided by the staff. This hotel is my new best example for outstanding service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Franck-Hardy-GM, General Manager at Hotel Fort Canning, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear guest,

As I am about to finish my long day at work after chatting with some of our hotel guests in the lounge enjoying their drinks, I read your review, and you made my day!

Your comment "the most impressive thing about the hotel is the service!" is the best I can hear as we are excited to make our guests happy and well served.

Thank you so much for commenting that "the care, concern, and assistance provided by the hotel staff was outstanding", it truly touched me and the team at Hotel Fort Canning.

Warm regards,

Franck

Been to Hotel Fort Canning? Share your experiences!