“Great Hotel with a magnificent pool and restaurant on the top floor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Bay Sands

You added Marina Bay Sands to your Saves list
Marina Bay Sands
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
S$359 (SGD)
Ranked #35 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Hotel with a magnificent pool and restaurant on the top floor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

A new hotel in Singapore with fantastic views of the city from the top floor where there are restaurants and a swimming pool only for hotel guests. Rooms are spacious and clean and the staff extremely friendly.
Negative is the fairly long queue for breakfast in the morning rush hour. Plan enough time here. Check-in is only as of 3.00 p.m without any exceptions. To get around this you have to book the night before and pay the full price for that night. We would have expected a hotel of this category to be more flexible.
All in all an excellent hotel which we would recommend to everybody.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Thank you for the review. We are happy that you would recommend Marina Bay Sands.

We are currently reviewing the 3pm check in process. As far as possible, we do accommodate our guests’ request for check in earlier than 3pm when we have rooms available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,980)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

From the moment we arrived it was truly fantastic. I had read all the terrible reviews on Trip Advisor and I was a little concerned. From check in to check out, everyone the we encountered was not only professional, courteous but also very efficient. I personally witnessed genuine acts of kindness by the staff. The room was excellent, clean and very well appointed. We had a deluxe horizon room. The Skypark is the crowning glory. You have to go for a swim in the pool. Watch the sunset at Ku de ta with a cocktail. An amazing experience.

Cottesloe, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

My wife and I visited family in Kuala Lumpur and we planned to stay 4 nights in Singapore before returning home to Australia. We booked at the Marina Bay unaware of this website or the comments about this hotel before we departed and I am glad we did not know because we may not have booked at the MBS after reading some of the comments. I can only comment on our experience. At the reception there were two couples and a single male person ahead of us in the queue. The only Caucasian in the queue was the single person. I saw and experienced no racism or favorite treatment from the young lady at reception. We were treated and welcomed the same as the white guest. We had room service and also visited the club room 57 floor and we were always treated with respect by all the hotel staff I did not get a impression that any of the staff were not truly welcoming and friendly regardless of race. Our room was very clean and it had all things a high class hotel should. The bed was very nice we both slept very well every night.

My wife enjoyed the shopping mall and I enjoyed the casino, we both enjoyed the infinity pool and restaurants. The hotel is huge and very impressive design. There were a lot of visitors sight seeing so it is a very busy hotel but we have no complaints with this hotel and we are very happy to have had the experience so we both want to return again for a longer stay. This is a very excellent hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful are not racist in our experience. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and large and I think it is good value for money. We had a wonderful stay and I would urge people to discover this for themselves.

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I really had a great experience when I stayed there last week, I had no problems at all with check in, my room, service or anything. I went with 3 friends who didn't have any complaints either. Its not exactly the best located hotel in Singapore especially if its shopping your into but the same can be said for many other top class hotels close by. So stay some other hotel if that's a problem. There's a lot of sightseers and traffic access could do with some improvement but that didn't impact on the quality of my stay there, if you let stuff like that bug you I think you need more than a vacation. I normally don't eat at the hotel restaurants because regardless of which 5 star you stay at you know the meal is always going to be pricey, especially in the big name restaurants. One thing about Singapore is there's no lack of places to eat great food that wont empty your wallet. I mean isn't venturing out from the hotel and seeing what else is out there part of the point of being on vacation? Was it value for money? Yeah I believe it is especially if you book a Club room. Everyone has their own experiences, my experience at the MBS was fault free and really great. People don't like it and wont go back, fine, don't go back, but for me I will definitely be going back and my friends say the same. Singapore is an awesome city, met some really cool people there and I'm looking forward to going back soon as I can.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

For the price I paid for, of course I expect more from this hotel. The hotel was extremely busy on that end of december when I stayed. Yes it was two days before new year when I checked in. With all the business only treatment, I saw this hotel won't make you feel special at all. You pay the price and do your business, then bye-bye.

Architecture of the building is great, both of interior and exterior are good. Room is good because it is new but when you take good look, this hotel is only try to create luxury impression with 'China quality' mateial which mostly only offer good presentation, but they are not.

It is only because new thing is always feel good and exciting, skypark and infinity swimming pool with singapore view offered good experience, but again nothing is special.

Breakfast is lame compare what you paid for.

Overall, what special about Marina Sands is only their Casino, nothing else. It is not place to offer memorable personal experience. It felt like when we use luxury taxi, only about impression but no worth experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Simply awful.
A check-in time of 3 pm. Having queued for half an hour, we were told our room wasn't ready, and we would have to wait another hour. Then told (we'd booked a twin) that we could have a room earlier (ie, at a mere 3.30pm) with a fold down sofa...At $600+/night, I was not happy about sleeping on a sofa. So - no option but to wait.
The room, when we got there was adequate but basic. In prices, this hotel competes with the Shangri-La. It fails to compete in any other way. The famous pool was packed - so we headed for what was labelled the 'adults only' section - next to a noisy bar, and in the area where the public are allowed to come up and take photos. How relaxing it was to be surrounded by 150 people with cameras. Service? Non existent. Food - who can tell? the vastly expensive Michelin starred restaurants are a 10 minute walk away through a shopping mall. We headed for the Mandarin and ate there instead. Next day, we checked out early.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

This hotel is not awful and it should not be avoided. I have had the pleasure of staying at the MBS 3 times now and I have already booked in for another stay in July, this time for 7 nights. There is no way I would return to a hotel repeatedly and spend thousands of hard earned dollars each time if it was even half as bad as some have claimed.

The MBS is a wonderful hotel. It may not suit everyone and clearly it doesn't, but to describe it as awful, stressful and even painful as some have claimed is simply untrue. There's no need for me to list its many excellent qualities as honest reviewers have already done that many times.

My advice is don't avoid this hotel, there's a great deal more to the MBS than its stunning architecture and design and I have yet to experience the issues the critics have raised. Logic suggests that if the MBS was as bad as some claim then surely the majority including myself would have similar experiences and yet that's obviously not the case. Most complaints are just silly, trivial and petty if they are to be believed at all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your support of Marina Bay Sands.

We appreciate your loyalty and business. More importantly, we are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind words are very encouraging and help us to work harder to consistently deliver superior service to all our guests every day.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!