“Great swimming pool” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Gurgaon, India
“Great swimming pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The only reason why I keep going back to MBS is its swimming pool. It is just awesome and a must visit. No doubt their night club and restaurant on the same floor is also a good place to visit. During night you can find all party animals at Ku De Ta.

If you are into casinos, you are not too far from the best in town.

Room Tip: Do go for swimming
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review, tanujvijay.

I am happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands and particularly enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark inifinity pool. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,741)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had really high expectations for this hotel. We basically almost only went to Singapore just to visit it during our honeymoon. We booked a "Premier with City View" room. Once I booked I started receiving one email per week for special offer.

I sent the hotel an email 2-3 weeks before our arrival to get something organised for my wife (like flowers on the bed even if I had to pay for it) as it was the first hotel we were visiting during our honeymoon (before leaving Singapore for Thailand). I didn't get any answer.

Upon arrival at the hotel, it looked pretty nice. We checked in through the VIP desk and I asked again if something was getting organised for our honeymoon. I think it got lost in translation... Nothing got organised and I was a bit disappointed to start with...

The room was pretty boring, the design wasn't special and the finish was pretty basic. The toilets light switch is located in the entry. If you wake up at night to go to the toilets, you have to go back to the entry and find the right switch (or you will wake up your loved one :/ ). It's pretty disturbing at first and gets annoying after the first time. Since we got a room near the elevator, we got woken up 2 or 3 times overnight by noisy people coming back to their rooms. Another door between the corridor and the bedroom would help. The bathroom is also really spacious.

The pool view is indeed amazing, but it really feels like they build an awesome pool and put average hotel rooms under it (while keeping the prices of an awesome hotel). The retaining wall of the pool was dirty (limestone stain).

The room cleaning service is opt-in, you have to call the reception to get your room cleaned. Pretty surprising for this price range.

After I left, I received 2 emails to send feedback "Your opinion is valuable to Marina Bay Sands" in 2 days. I filled their online survey but didn't hear anything since (6 days ago). I also emailed them on the same day to tell them all of the above but didn't get any response yet.

Overall, I'm glad I did it but it was disappointing. I think they wouldn't get many clients if it wasn't for the pool.

Room Tip: Don't stay more than 2 days it's not worth it
Dear Louis_Nyff,

Thank you for your feedback. I regret to learn about some of the challenges you experienced during your recent stay with us. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

stayed here for one night and the main attraction is ofcourse the pool side,..get up early and be there before the sun kills you and there is peace and tranquility..amazing..
The only problem is that the hotel is a bit too much for me..everything is sooo opulent..it makes you feel too small sometimes..
But it is an unforgettable experience for sure...

Room Tip: Take the rooms with the harbour view..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here, SubhenduDey1505.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, particularly your time at the Sands SkyPark infinity pool. I look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed the majority of time in Singapore in Mandarin Oriental, but swapped the last night for a stay in Marina Bay Sands - to take a look at the view and the infinity rooftop pool. It was worth it because the view really was stunning, but otherwise we were rather happy that we didn't spend all of our nights here, as the approach to customers was nothing to compared to Mandarin Oriental. It is very much based on mass-tourism, reminding more a hotel in the middle of a big shopping center, there is no personal approach to the hotel customers - the check-in counter guy didn't smile even once or make us feel anyway welcome, instead he was in such of a hurry that I ended up asking him to slow down when speaking, as I didn't even get all of his words. There was no big cue behind us, so more or less seemed he just wanted to get it over with fast as possible.

Dear GreteKristin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here and I regret to learn about the challenges you experienced during your recent stay with us.

I note your feedback with regards to our service standards. Service is a top priority for us and it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our service touch points. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments for their review and attention.

I hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands for a more successful stay experience.
kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My cousin and I stayed here for 1 night...our first impression of the hotel was crowded! I guess reason being it is connected to the mall...check-in was smooth and we were delighted with the upgrade to Tower 2 ..suite room! The room was huge and clean with fab views across the city...all amenities were provided...we were grateful for a late check out as well at no extra cost. The buffet dinner at the rise restaurant is quite a spread though costly..but with a 30% off discount..we somehow managed :) I even got to try sushi ..though I wont say it's my personal favorite..but well the experience counts...one particular staff at the restaurant was extremely friendly and helpful...sadly didn't catch his name!
I just hope and wish the overall hospitality at marina bay would improve...personal touch like guiding guests to their room...as it can be pretty confusing finding your way around...hot towel and refreshment upon check in...I guess this is a standard for all 5 star properties...with changes in service...this hotel can be really top notch!!
as for the pool...awesome!! we didn't mind the cold water after a while...the view made up for it...and the feeling that finally it was crossed off our bucket list!!
overall, enjoyed our stay! :)

Room Tip: suite room in tower 2 with a view of the city ...20th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director – Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear munira21,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I note your comment with regards to our service standards. Service is a top priority for us and its is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to continually improve our service touch points. Please be assured that I have shared your comment with the relevant departments for their attention.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Zamboanga City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here last march 25-26, 2014. The check-in time is frustrating. First, you have to queue for 1 hour for registration (not yet the check-in proper) then you will proceed to check-in counter by 2 pm to queue again for another 1 hour. Can't they find a system to speed up the registration and check-in process?

The hotel is elegant including the malls and other structures and functions of the hotel. No wonder this is the world's most expensive building to construct.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, zed923.

I regret to learn about some of the inconveniences you experienced at check-in during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Karratha, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We thought we’d get a WOW experience at this hotel, but apart from the view we were very disappointed with many other aspects of the stay. We’d just stayed in the Shangri La Valley Wing in Singapore and that was a far better experience for a lot less $. Anyway to review this hotel….. We stayed in a premier city view room which was lovely, with a beautiful bathroom but we had to pay for breakfast etc. as only the suites or club rooms had breakfast included and access to the other “club” areas and extras. We had an automatic bar fridge which had no space for you put anything else in (I had medications that needed to be kept cool) and water was $7 for a small bottle. I had to ask for shower gel twice as they weren't renewed by the cleaners. We had to queue for a table for breakfast at Rise, it was a very crowed unpleasant experience as the scrambled egg, bacon and tomato were all cold (not what you expect when you pay $41 each for the experience). I would recommend the fresh omelette that was cooked before you, as you waited, it was excellent, and there were lots of other foods on offer. I was impressed with the pool area, I thought it would be more crowded but we managed to find a spot easily. There are loungers under trees on the deck too, which are great if you want to read.The café here is a much better option for breakfast if you don’t like crowds and the view is obviously to die for. Would I go again, probably not, I would recommend everyone to stay for one night in a club room or suite just to experience it, but the experience didn't come anywhere close to the one we had earlier in the week at the Shangri La and that was far cheaper.

Room Tip: Get a club room or suite for the extras attached and go to the Shangri La for the rest of you holida...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here, GDO2014. I regret to learn about some of the inconveniences you had experienced during your stay with us.

Upon your next visit, our Housekeeping team would be delighted to provide you with a spare mini-fridge for your personal usage upon request during check-in. Please also be assured that I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments for their review and attention. We also continue to review ways to better manage crowds on property.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon for a more successful stay experience.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!