Stayed for 5 nights in Feb/Mar to attend a conference and have very little to complain about. The staff and service was good. The room was large (they do vary in size so be careful) and well appointed. The view over the ocean was great (prefer the marina view). The top deck and pool area is a real wow factor (but no where near enough sun beds). The breakfast was well presented with a great range on offer. The lobby and top deck bars are great.
And then you have the attached shopping mall, casino and conference centre. All too big for me to fully walk through but stunning and should cater to the most avid shopper , gambler or expo nerd.
But all that said, I will not stay here again. Too big, too crowded and too far from the action. You can walk to Boat and Clarke Quays' but it is a long way in the heat. It is also expensive - Breakfast $48 each - every time I signed a chit it seemed it was for more than a $100 even buying a round of 4 drinks.
We had a large balcony with great views but there is no furniture to sit and enjoy it. Surely at these prices they could afford a couple of outdoor chairs. There is also no fridge space for personal items so there is no cheap drinks in the room.
Biggest bug bear of the stay was the card readers in the lifts. Often had to ride up and down with others while trying endlessly to get the thing to work. Even had staff try, when they couldn't get it to work I got a shrug of the shoulders and my card handed back to me.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.