“Singapotre=Marina Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Singapotre=Marina Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spent 3 days in Singapore, and the most exciting attraction was Marina Bay.
We like so much explore Gardens By The Bay.
No words to describe the Infinity Pool on 57th floor...
Go and enjoy!
The room was big and with 2 TV, by the way, we didn't switch on them, because the city view was much better

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director - Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review, elisa g.

I am delighted to know that you had an exciting stay at Marina Bay Sands and I hope to welcome you and your loved one back soon to enjoy more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,731)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went there for my annual "father-daughter" trip. From the moment we entered until we left 4 dayys later, we just had a great time. The rooms with a view to the "lake" and the business area was just breathtaking, especially at night. We arrived there from 4 days in Shanghai at the Peninsula, and as much as I enjoyed Shanghai, I really liked Singapore and the Marina Sands. The concierge was always there to helo and the telephone service and room service was very cordial and friendly. Of course, going up to the pool is a treat in it self!!!

Room Tip: Get a room high up and with a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing review, JackTrost.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest and am I delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and that our friendly Team Members assisted in making your visit a comfortable one. I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for more memorable experiences.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a once in lifetime hotel. For the cost you would expect more that what you get from the rooms and the service, but it is the pool you stay there for and it is amazing. We made the most of it every day of our stay, it is truly an incredible experience to arrive at the sky deck the first time take in the pool and the view. We stayed during the week so had no trouble with crowds like other reviewers. Buffet breakfast was good, wide variety and good quality. Adjacent MRT station was very convenient to get to other parts of the city quickly and away from the heat.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Cretto.

I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and particularly enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The place is just trading off the SkyPark - service is overall pretty poor. We stayed Sat - Mon and I would advise anyone to avoid a weekend - the Sky park is heaving and the place can't cope...try getting a drink at the poolside, bar table or 6 feet of water to yourself!

Particular issue is their room cards - changed them four times before we got ones that reliably worked - apparently its a known problem and they will change the system, but small comfort - you need them for the lifts and many rooms are two lift journeys away from reception - in and out in the slot multiple times before they work in the lift or the door. Customer service answer? New cards that are just as bad...and btw no small queue at reception to get them.....they tried the "don't keep them near a mobile excuse" first time, but finally admitted it was a system problem. But that's a specific issue. Overall, the place just doesn't feel welcoming and service is slack.

Room Tip: Go for the club rooms if you can - about the only way of any hope any service "up top".
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shawn_Ng, Associate Director - Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear T5Hermit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I regret to learn about the challenges you experienced with our room key cards during your recent visit to Marina Bay Sands.

I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to investigate the details you have articulated in your review.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Bathurst, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We liked this hotel very much. I admit that I expected it to be a bit more luxurious, particularly in the lobby, and it is quite spacious and minimalist, I'd say. I stayed at the Shangri La near Orchard Road a few years back and it had a nicer luxury feel. That being said, we really enjoyed our stay at the Sands. We were upgraded to a suite which was fantastic, and the water view was terrific. The skypark is fun and very cool, although somewhat crowded. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel without reservation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, JohnM_Bathurst.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your room upgrade during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. I hope to welcome you and your loved one back soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Took our kids for one night (2 day) stay and they loved it. While the food was more expensive than we'd usually pay, we all agreed it was OK value for money (except for alcohol). The pool was the best and we swam all morning and again at night which was very cool. Higher priced but definitely worth it as a treat for our family.

Room Tip: Slept 4 of us in one room comfortably (2 kids)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, Cindy B.

I am happy to know that you and your family had a warm and comfortable stay at Marina Bay Sands during your recent trip to Singapore. I look forward to welcoming you all back soon to enjoy more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I almost want to say that this is very good if I think of the infinity pool on the 57th floor and how awesome it is because it is so unique and at the same time average because it is quite expensive but the toilet clogged when we first checked in. That was terrible! The maintenance arrived quickly and that was good. But for a very expensive hotel, all of these things matter especially toilets.
I also like to have coffee first thing in the morning. They didn't even have a brewer for coffee. They had a boiling pot but NO COFFEE nor milk or sugar. For the price you pay for the hotel, they can't even provide you with coffee? Even the cheapest hotel in the USA provides lots of coffee with cream and sugar. When we ate at the buffet at the Rise restaurant, the bill was $1,000 for ten of us. It wasn't like they had lobsters and all that. To me, we had better buffets in the East Coast! Unless your company is paying the price for the hotel and your food, it would be hard for someone to pay their regular price.

BUT NO COFFEE and BREWER is UNACCEPTABLE FOR A HOTEL THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY ONE OF THE BEST IN SINGAPORE.

Room Tip: We were in Tower 1 so view was a bit far. My family was in Tower 3 and their view was fantastic. Of...
Dear Parisbreakfast,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I regret to learn about some of the challenges you encountered which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience with us. Please be assured that we value your comments and will definitely seek to fine-tune our systems and procedures appropriately.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back soon for a more successful stay.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!