“Room not a luxurious as expected, amazing facilities” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956, Singapore   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #38 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Brisbane
“Room not a luxurious as expected, amazing facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in a City View Premier room. Do not stay here for room quality, nothing special about these rooms compared to run of mill 4-5 star hotels. You're gonna love the Skypark with Infinity pool as well as dining and shopping options. Overall service from staff is first class.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Ben S,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that our service standards matched your expectations. However, I regret to learn that you did not find our room standards to your liking. Rest assured that we will continuously review our product standards to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay with us.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,731)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed in the hotel just for one night to experience the hotel with our baby. We were very impressed! Nice, well organised, and helpful staff. We were being served by Ramesh the front office in charge and he was just super! He made our short stay remarkable with his friendly and prompt assistance! The hotel is great and we are definitely coming back to stay a little longer for our next visit to singapore !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review, GwenKL.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and I am proud to learn that our Team Member, Ramesh, contributed to making your stay a successful one.

As a result of your kind compliments, we are delighted to present Ramesh with a Grazie Award, a Marina Bay Sands Rewards and Recognition initiative we have for our Team Members, to celebrate their success in creating Magnificent experiences for our valued guests.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Surat, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Marina Bay sands a must stay hotel. amazing interior, excellent room with city & ocean view & last but not least Sky pool at 57th floor wonderful experience... fantastic view...very romantic ...perfect for honeymooners...

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked this hotel for our 3 night stop over in Singapore during my our first visit to Asia. Clearly it was about the pool and location. We were not disappointed. We booked a club level room for the extra perks and it was well worth it. Our room was nice, big, spacious and with a great view. The overall service was mostly good. The perks for the club level were nice: Breakfast buffet on the pool level, drinks and light snacks all day, free happy drinks and more hearty snacks in the late afternoon. We also used the gym, went to the park across the street, took a city tour right outside the hotel, shopped in the mall and gambled. We simply had an amazing time. If you don't over expect you won't be disappointed. The pool experiences were simply special. We were in it alot, had many opportunities for clear pics with no one around and watching the sun set was just stunning. We would totally book here again but only club level or higher. It was great to be on the 47th floor.

Room Tip: Club level for the extra perks are well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Agustin_A_Cortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, PragueAmerican.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and that our service standards matched your expectations.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of our exciting offerings.
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights. Was bowled over by the sheer professionalism shown in managing such a huge hotel. The room was clean and up to mark. Check in and check out were fast and done very well. Staff were helpful and informative. Choice of restaurants, food was good. The food was up to mark and meeting the selected cuisine standards. The roof pool was amazing and offers an all around spectacular view of the city. The shoppes mall of the hotel was great and almost every recognisable brand is available there and also has a number of acclaimed chef restaurants. Haven't been to the casino, but heard its quite good. The in room dining service was excellent and spot on the time mentioned for service. The balcony from my 38th floor rooms had some great views of the city. Overall, a clean, big, nice & very professionally run hotel. Not to be missed for at least one stay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review, Raj P.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest and I am heartened to learn that our service standards exceeded your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy more of what Marina Bay Sands has to offer.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I really do not understand why people rate this hotel at very high score. The pool is certainly lovely and wonderful but that is the best part of it. I knew it would not be a great service hotel before I arrived as I had very unpleasant experience before I checked it. I came for business and ask for 3 rooms at same floor. I've got a auto response that they would get back to me without 24 hours. One day gone, 48 hours gone and 72 hours gone and still no reply. I resend the email again and the reply is 'everything is subject to availability'. There is no apology why they did not reply earlier and the response is so blunt, certainly should not be something from a five star hotel. I found this totally unacceptable as it is not a 10 rooms budget hotel but a five stars hotel with more than 2000 rooms and wrote to them a month ago.

Check in was slow and a bit chaotic. You felt like you are lining up for a train ticket rather than checking in hotel. The check in process is very slow and under staffed. There was 3 people ahead of me and it took me more than 15 minutes to check as they only had 2 staffs on duty.

Overall, if it is not for the conference I would not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the pool early morning. Otherwise you would feel like you are in a water fun park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear FrankieHongKong,

Thank you for your review. I regret to learn about some of the challenges that you experienced during your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details of your stay.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked a larger Non Smoking room which comes with a sofa bed. The room was not ready till after 6pm. When we got to the room it reeked of smoke and the sofa was badly stained. We called housekeeping but the hotel was full so they sent a ionizer device and a lady came with a spray bottle to spray the room and take away the smoke smell. This helped for maybe am hour! The next morning sunlight poured in from the left side of the night curtain as they had been cut too short. Compared to the other hotels we've stayed at in Singapore, the Marina Bay Sands is a let down.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Dear michgtan,

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!