Following the hype and given the price, I really expected more. Not that it was bad, but it just didnt have any WOW factor (from the inside at least). MBS has a lot going for it; iconic design; sweeping views; Ku De Ta; the rooftop pool and bar; proximity to the casino. The rooms were functional, and from my 41st floor, very quiet, but still no WOW factor.
Having lived in Singapore for the past few years and watched MBS grow from the ground up I was keen to try it out now I live elsewhere. I came with great expectations and left thinking that if I had to choose I would probably stay elsewhere, especially at the price.
I was particularly disappointed with the breakfast buffet. I had eaten breakfast there before and found it lacking in variety. Nothing changed my mind this time around either. After day one I grabbed a latte and a muffin from the excellent coffee shop near Tower 3 lobby.
However if you want to have a short holiday where price is not an issue, and you want to have easy access to the casino, then this is the perfect place for you. If any of these are not for you, then Singapore is spoilt for choices with 5 and 6 star hotels that do have that WOW factor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline, Agoda and EasyToBook so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore