“living up to expectation” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956, Singapore   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #38 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok
“living up to expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was there for a short vacation and this place did not disappoint one bit. The service was excellent right from the checking-in moment to the second we left. As we were there with a young kid, we had to ask for some special requests to help out such as kid bathtub, another fridge for storing kid food (the minibar fridge was automatic one, hence we couldn't take everything out of it without being charged.), and other little helps along the way, and their willingness to help was top class. The facilities were second to none. In-room furniture were perfect, the wall and doors were sound-proof. The Skypark and the Infinity Pool really living up to its fame with breath-taking view and amazing experience swimming in that pool so high from the ground. For advice, we found it a bit too crowd on weekend but the weekday was better. Everything was convenient so much that we could spend days living in and around the place without going out anywhere. Forget about Orchard, the Shoppe at Marina has everything you could wish for under one roof, not too mention the Casino right there to top-up your budget if ever needed (at your own risk). But if you ever need to get out, the location is excellent and it won't take long to go anywhere in the city, and the airport.

So, overall, everything was living up to every inch of expectation. Great and enjoyable stay. Definitely coming back!

Room Tip: try asking for high floor, it's worth more with the breath-taking view. Also, the city view room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Vekit,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad to know that our service standards matched your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay at Marina Bay Sands. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon to enjoy more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,739)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have just checked out today on one of life's special moments that I I'll never forget.

For us Staying at this hotel was always only going to be for one night and so we could just tick that box to say we have stayed there, and we had no regrets .

Service was excellent From every staff member we spoke too, check in was quick, check out was even quicker.

Rooms excellent , I think we got a minor upgrade, we also had a very late flight out and there were no issues with leaving out luggage there as long as we like, even after check out we were still given a lift access card so we could still use pool deck all day long, and we did.

Pool - Sky deck, we'll what can I say but "absolutely amazing"

Even the adjoining shopping complex was amazing , but full of over priced designer shops

So if you have been put if by some of those negative reviews , Don't be because your one day here is one you won't forget .

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room of the harbour as they are the only ones with balconies that open to fresh air a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review, Atiu.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service standards exceeded your expectations.

It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is a diffent world in the Hotel Industrie and a must to stay there. Start when you arrive with the sky Park pool and enjoy the view over Singapore - Have a Cocktail and Chill during the Sunset.
Take a walk in the Garden and stay at last 3 nigths to explore!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Engelbert E,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a 5 star hotel and I had high expectations. We were asked by the taxi driver which Tower we were staying in, and as we have not checked in yet, we said we did not know, so we were dropped off at Tower 1. There were no bell boy, porter nor concierge to help us with our luggage so we had to drag it ourselves to the Check In counter. There was a long queue, so we waited. Shortly a staff member approached us in the queue and asked us what type of room we had booked. We told him it was a "Deluxe Room" upon which he immediately told us those rooms were in Tower 3 and that we had to check in there. He pointed in the direction of Tower 3 at the opposite end of the building. It was a long walk from Tower 1 to 3 dragging our luggage and weaving through the crowd, guests and sightseers. No help was offered by any of the staff. Eventually we reached Tower 3 Check In, to yet another long queue. After waiting rather a long time, we eventually checked in and went to our room on the 49th floor.
The view from this room was marvellous. Room was contemporary designed, although for such a new, top notch hotel, no-one had repaired the chipped/cracked stone bench of the bathroom. Also we noticed the bath towels were only normal size, and not the large Bath Sheets that we normally find in 5 stars.
We went up for a swim in the famous Infinity pool. The views were fantastic and the pool was indeed a novelty. The whole place was very crowded and the sun beds were packed in and lined up like sardines in a tin. We had trouble finding just 2 vacant sun beds and we had the same trouble the next morning. It seemed like this place is always crowded. We did not go into the spas as there were constantly at least 12 people in them.
We were so glad we had only booked one night because as soon as the novelty of the pool wore off, this hotel really only got its 5 stars for the pool and the views! Service, poor. Overcrowded. Check In took too long. The gym was in a different area (55th floor) and not near the pool. Don't go if you are looking for somewhere quiet to relax.
For the high price we paid, it was very disappointing overall. Bottom line, we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a high level room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LYLHK,

I regret to learn that your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands was not a complete success. I note your feedback on your arrival and check-in experiences and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends.

Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the relevant department heads for their review and improvement.

We continue to review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I choose this wonderful hotel to celebrate my 60th birthday was really an amazing experience ,the athmosphere, the food everything was top class.
I highly recommended this hotel , all staff was very helpful,friendly they organize with a restaurant of my choice to prepare something especial for my birthday which was very nice.

Room Tip: The higher the quieter,we were at 29th floor with an amazing view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear lucky453-17,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your 60th birthday. We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am delighted to learn that our Team Members made your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for more memorable experiences.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The cons:
1. Saw 2 rooms, premium and deluxe...both are small. For the price, you can get a bigger room elsewhere.
2. Not spotless. Stain on the bed's skirt.
3. Because of the hotel's popularity, don't expect a relaxing stay by the pool. Go to take pics that you want and then go somewhere else to relax.

The pros:
1. Great views - outside and inside. It is indeed an architectural and engineering wonder.
2. The sewing kit
3. Being adjacent to a mall
4. Adjacent to Bayfront MRT station
5. Near other attractions

Overall, if you want to relax, go somewhere else.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback here, solismag.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I note your comments on the stain on the bed skirting of your room and have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping department heads for their review.

Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay with us.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have to say that I booked this trip for the sole purpose of enjoying the pool...so you can imagine how disappointed I was when it rained the whole day of my check in. Luckily, this hotel is simply amazing and I almost forgot about the rain. I was upgraded to a suite upon check in. My room was insane! It was huge with views on both sides of the city and the beautiful park and marina. I had two balconies that were huge, although they could add some more tables and chairs out there. The bath tub had amazing views of the city and I loved the toiletries available. I ordered room service twice and I had excellent service each time. The next day I did get to enjoy the pool which is just breathtaking. Even on an overcast day, the pool is a dream come true. Again, all of the pool staff were very friendly and provided great service. I was even given a refresh room to freshen up in and relax before catching my flight. This hotel is quite expensive for me, but I'm so glad I splurged for a night and got to have this experience. The service, the amenities, the pool, made this a hotel experience I will always cherish. One more thing, you have got to eat at Ku De Ta. It's amazing! I highly recommend the damsel in distress martini and the crispy sticky baby squid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your fantastic review, Tiahna.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and I am especially heartened to know that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a warm and comfortable one.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!