“amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Geelong
“amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at his hootel what a amazing hotel. Staff were absolutely amazing especially Erin who gave us lots of good advice. Breakfast was great with lots of choices a d the room was beautiful. This hotel Ian an absolute must. The pool is fantasic with great views. Would I visit this hotel if given chance again. In a heart beat. Loved it.
Maggie

Room Tip: Premier room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, maggie1111.

I am delighted to learn that our Team Member, Erin, contributed to making your stay a comfortable one. The views of Singapore skyline from the infinity pool are indeed spectacular and I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy your time on the SkyPark.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,723)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Celebrating my girlfriend's birthday. We booked an Ochird Suite. However, upon check in at the VIP lounge, I was served by Suherliz from the Front Desk. She was polite, cheerful and welcoming me and my partner. As we celebrating my partners birthday, Suherliz picked the phone to check with someone. The next minute, she told us that she is giving us a complimentary upgrade to Marina Suite!

We love the room and the service! Credits to the front desk for making my partners birthday a memorable one.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, Hkmkimmie.

We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am delighted to hear that our Team Member Suherliz was able to provide you with a complimentary room upgrade.

As a result of your kind compliments, we are delighted to present Suherliz with a Grazie Award, a Marina Bay Sands Rewards and Recognition initiative we have for our Team Members, to celebrate their success in creating Magnificent experiences for our valued guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience here and I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back for more memorable celebrations.
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Amazing hotel design i ever been. Staying in level 20 have a nice view of Garden by the bay. The swimming pool on 57 floor also magnificent. We can see the city of singapore just from the swimming pool or observatory deck.
The best hotel in Singapore i ever been.

Room Tip: Faving the city is more expensive but in my opinion facing the Garden by the bay also magnificent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your fantastic review, SETYADARMA.

I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and had a great time at the Sands SkyPark. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Amazing structure and the best service I've had anywhere. The day I checked out I didn't fly until midnight. Not only could I store my luggage, they gave me cards to the pool for the day as well as a "refresh" room... all at no cost... room was very nice and modern and internet was fast. And the pool is one of a kind...

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review, Bart J.

I am thrilled to hear that our high service standards left an impressive mark on you. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and I most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Top hotel with fantastic views overlooking Singapore and the Gardens at the Bay.
Were picked up from the airport and taken to this amazing looking hotel.
Rooms very spacious and clean. Pool on the 57th floor breath taking and very relaxing.
We only stayed for a few days but would not hesitate to visit again and stay longer( if I could afford it)
A very memorable short stay. We will be doing it again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Wietse V,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and experienced the unrivalled 360 views of the Singapore skyline from the SkyPark.

I look forward to your next visit and I hope that you and your partner will have the opportunity to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

To be honest, I am a little conflicted when I write this review. The hotel is beautiful, we had a club room which was nice, with a great view of the city. We used the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, which was a nice addition and the porter staff were great. Check in was pretty quick, but I often saw long queues throughout my stay.

We opted for the club room, and regularly ate at the club on the 57th floor for breakfast, afternoon tea, and cocktails/canapes - if you intend to use these amenities, then I would recommend paying up for the club room, as drinks in particular, can be quite expensive. The club staff were great, by the end they knew my name and asked us about our plans for the day, what we did, etc. so provided exceptional service. They were a real highlight of the trip.

We went to the Shoppes a few times and the casino once. We enjoyed the food court, they had quite a diversity of food - hawker style - but with higher prices. Some of the restaurants there are open 24 hours if you need a late night food fix. The Shoppes are mostly upscale and when we went, were generally pretty dead.

The pool is gorgeous, it can be quite busy at times, and the security staff seem to enforce the no visitors policy - one room key card for each adult - so make sure each person carries their card up to 57.

My negative experiences all had to do with my reservation. I had prepaid a room for 3 adults directly on the MBS website. At checkin, the clerk attempted to charge me in full again, until I alerted them it was prepaid. Even though I had booked a room for 3 adults and confirmed via separate email that 3 adults had club privileges, I was stopped at one visit to the club indicating only 2 adults were permitted. I had to forward copies of my correspondence/reservation to the staff to get it cleared up. I used the express checkout since we had an early departure and was surprised to note an additional charge on my credit card a few days later. Upon enquiry I was told that it was because my prepayment did not cover the full room rate. Once again I had to resend all of my original correspondence to get it reversed. While the above was very frustrating and annoying, the only good thing I can say is that all problems were rectified quickly and professionally.

We really did enjoy our stay at this hotel, and likely would stay there again, because the location is great, the club service top notch, and the rooms and views are awesome. Hopefully they get all of the bugs out of their reservation/accounting system though.

Room Tip: Club rooms provide good value if you use the daily breakfast, afternoon tea and early evening cockta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear jimbovan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands, I do regret to learn about the challenges you encountered with your reservation.

I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to investigate this matter.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Too crowded, not enough staff, not relaxing, check in awful . Do not make up room unless you call them (but do not tell you this) Information about facilities only available on TV which is not the most convenient, lift control by very poor card access system when for this modern a building you would expect at least a proximity card system. Staff generally helpful but overwhelmed. Quality and finish of room good but a/c noisy. bed comfortably. Restaurants over priced, house wine only available by glass or magnum. Truly an odd hotel best left to tourists on an overnight deal. I will return to the Mandarin

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear DavidT0001,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here. I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

I note your comments on check-in, the key cards and air-conditioning in the guestrooms and have shared your feedback with the relevant departments for their review and appropriate action. The comfort of our product and environment we offer to our valued guest are important to us and I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

It is through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve in our products and services.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future and regain your confidence in us.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!