“Amazingly cheap price for an Amazing Hotel with Amazing Staff, Amazing Restaurant, Amazing Pool, Amazing Race!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Bay Sands

MarinaBaySands.com S$333
Ranked #36 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

For the amazing price of only S $225 ++ per room, we arrived in keen anticipation at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel before our scheduled time. To our surprise, their very helpful and amazing staff managed to get us into our two inter-connecting rooms early. They even upgraded us (free-of-charge) to a higher floor (Level 31) with better views overlooking the new Gardens by the Bay and Singapore Flyer. Amazing eh?
And yes, the views from the top 57th floor Skypark was as amazing as the great swim in their infinity pool! The pool area was not as crowded as when they first opend the hotel - they have now restricted entry to Hotel guests & friends only, who must present their room key pass to get anywhere near the pool. They provided two room key passes per room. I think each key pass allows each hotel guest to invite up to 4 friends/ relatives to join them for the amazing experience, but who was counting?
Furthermore, dinner at the KuDeTa Restaurant on the top floor was amazingly reasonable - try their soft-shelled crab which cost about S $17. However if that doesn't sound attractive, the Hotel staff suggested food at the Rasapura group of hawker-type stalls located on the ground floor - which were just as delicious with a wide variety to cater to all tastes.
And to top it off, we met the host and presenter of The Amazing Race who were filming the final leg of the show at the Skypark pool. We even got photos with them, and we stood amazed as the contestants raced through the hotel to win their million dollar prize! But you get to experience all that amazing service and more for a fraction of the cost.
- Dr Jin Ghee Teh

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review, JinGTeh.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit earlier this year and that our Team Members have succeeded in achieving our goal to provide Magnificent experiences for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for more once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

9,206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,345)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Delhi

Excellent
The first thing when you walk into this hotel was WOW!!! The hotel has a shuttle bus that picks you up from the airport which is very convenient especially after a long flight. The hotel was large and very elegant, As we walked into our room and turned the lights on the curtains automatically opened and we were very impressed. The room had simple furnishings but everything was so clean and almost brand new it was beautiful. The bathroom was very large and open with a shower & bath tub. Our room had a balcony which overlooked what is now gardens. The view from the observation deck was simply amazing.. as a hotel guest you get free access to the top as well as use of the pools. We did use them and enjoyed the evening there. I would definitely spend the extra money and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands resort for one night on our way to Malaysia. Unfortunately our stay did not meet expectations. We got upgraded to a "suite" that was overlooking a 4 lane highway. We couldn't even sit on the terrace because of the noise of the cars. The air conditioning in our room did not work and was on a constant 19 degrees. We were going to meet friends for a drink in Ku De Ta bar that is part of the hotel. My partner was turned away because he was wearing sandals (sandals that were only showing 1 cm of skin on the front of his feet), otherwise he was wearing a long sleeved collared shirt and long trousers. The bar was empty and it was a Thursday night, so I was very surprised we could not meet our friends there for one drink. The staff at Ku De Ta were extremely rude and cocky. Not the kind of service I was expecting as a hotel guest. I have stayed in many better hotels in Singapore and would not stay here again. It was overpriced for the service and treatment that we got.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Penumpang,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am concerned to learn about your recent experience at Marina Bay Sands and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details you have articulated here.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

All depends upon how you feel about modern mall/airport designed hotels. For me it is too impersonal and big. The rooms are very expensive, but quite small, done in the rather nasty modern, but 1960's feel veneer. I could stay in the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok, or the Mulia hotel in Jakarta for much less, and have a much better hotel experience than the MBS. If you want a crowded shopping mall experience then the MBS is the place for you. I am here on conference rates, and I assumed the 350 dollar a night room at least included breakfast, but not that an extra 44 dollars. I am used to staying at good hotels often during the year. I am outraged at how expensive this hotel is and how little it offers. I would not recommend staying here. Overrated, overpriced, and I resent that my company will pay for this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chris M,

I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Please be assured that we continue to review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful experience.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

On our first stay we were given a deluxe room on the third floor right by the emergency exit, which as a frequent traveller tells me we were lowly regarded. the room only had a shower, which is a first for me in a deluxe room and not great considering we had just done a 13 hour flight. On checkout they tried to charge us for breakfast that we did not have. however on return to Marina Bay we were given a premier room which had a fab bathroom. we visited the skygarden which is amazing though not exactly relaxing with tons of people taking countless photos. overall would say a lovely experience but lacked the personal touch.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear CitigirlLondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. I regret to learn that your first stay at Marina Bay Sands was not a complete success and I apologize for the service shortfalls you experienced upon check-out.

We are continuously reviewing our processes for improvement to ensure that all our guests enjoy a warm and comfortable stay with us. I hope to welcome you back soon for a more successful experience.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Superb, big modern and tasteful rooms with excellent beds.

Swimming pool on Skypark level is the most remarkable I have seen in all of my travels and it is worth staying here for this alone.

Concierge solved a difficult and unpleasant problem for me by going to great lengths (including time out of his work hours) with a minimum of fuss; this sort of service is talked about at 5-star hotels but not often delivered.

Prices are quite unreasonably high and check-in service, well I've had better at a railway station, and with the non-existent physical division between general public and hotel guests it felt like a railway station too.

Quite an experience at a very unusual property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience here, SydneySydney66.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark during your recent visit to Marina Bay Sands and I am especially heartened to learn that one of our Concierge Team Members was able to assist you with your challenges.

With regards to check-in, rest assured that we are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in and check-out processes, particularly during high occupancy periods and weekends.

I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The first thing when you walk into this hotel was WOW!!!
The view from the observation deck was simply amazing.. as a hotel guest you get free access to the top as well as use of the pools. We did not use them as there was a massive thunder storm on the day we were there.
I would definitely spend the extra money and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review, HappyTraveller859.

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the room amenities. The view of the Singapore city skyline from the Sands SkyPark is indeed a highlight for many of our guests.

I most certainly look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future and I hope that you will have the opportunity to experience the infinity pool during your next visit.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!