For the amazing price of only S $225 ++ per room, we arrived in keen anticipation at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel before our scheduled time. To our surprise, their very helpful and amazing staff managed to get us into our two inter-connecting rooms early. They even upgraded us (free-of-charge) to a higher floor (Level 31) with better views overlooking the new Gardens by the Bay and Singapore Flyer. Amazing eh?
And yes, the views from the top 57th floor Skypark was as amazing as the great swim in their infinity pool! The pool area was not as crowded as when they first opend the hotel - they have now restricted entry to Hotel guests & friends only, who must present their room key pass to get anywhere near the pool. They provided two room key passes per room. I think each key pass allows each hotel guest to invite up to 4 friends/ relatives to join them for the amazing experience, but who was counting?
Furthermore, dinner at the KuDeTa Restaurant on the top floor was amazingly reasonable - try their soft-shelled crab which cost about S $17. However if that doesn't sound attractive, the Hotel staff suggested food at the Rasapura group of hawker-type stalls located on the ground floor - which were just as delicious with a wide variety to cater to all tastes.
And to top it off, we met the host and presenter of The Amazing Race who were filming the final leg of the show at the Skypark pool. We even got photos with them, and we stood amazed as the contestants raced through the hotel to win their million dollar prize! But you get to experience all that amazing service and more for a fraction of the cost.
- Dr Jin Ghee Teh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Amex, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore