“Awesome Short Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Bay Sands

You added Marina Bay Sands to your Saves list
Marina Bay Sands
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
S$359 (SGD)
Ranked #34 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome Short Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

From the checkin to our complimentary bus shuttle we had a great stay. The hotel is still new and because we had asked for adjoining rooms and none were available we got a free upgrade to a suite in tower 3 on the 43rd floor.
All amenities were excellent. Gym spectacular...highly recommend night workouts with views from 55th floor across the city skyline. Skylark pool area is nothing short of amazing. 57 floors high, infinity edge pool of 100m long overlooking the city. Spectacular at night again. Shopping centre was great for those with large budgets but in line with other Singapore shopping. Lots of food offerings bu not the best breakfast buffet we experienced in Singapore.
Hospitality suite offered as we had late flights out. Full access to Skypark after w had checked out so kids remained entertained. Nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: High floor equals great view. Towe 3 end is a bit quieter and certainly easier to get a taxi
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Senior Vice President – Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review, JSKES.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade and had the opportunity to spend some time at the Banyan Tree Fitness Club.

I hope to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,979)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed for three nights in a Club Room. The property is just "WOW" and I highly recommend it. The "BUT" comes from a request for an extension of a further one night. Due to an airline issue we required an extra night in Singapore, on contacting reception I was advised the property was full and they would place a note on file if anything came up. That was the last I heard from anyone. Consequently we moved hotels and had a just enjoyable stay on our last day at the Marina Mandarin. I guess we were left with feeling that due to the popularity of the Marina Bay Sands their front desk/customer personal aren't really concerned with issues such as ours, we had our three nights so move out and let the next guests in. We will probably be repeat customers but the communications will need to improve or the next stay maybe our last.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Like others I found the hotel too large, somewhat impersonal and geared to make you spend, spend , spend. Seems asians love buying things and the jewellery shops in the lobby testify to this. The room rate is around $300 a night.
Food is very good, very expensive. Rooms are beautiful, comfortable, totally equipped and spacious, vey clean. There is a great nightlife bar on the 57th floor, cool pool and shops, shops everywhere.
It's a bit like being in Disneyland for the rich, after a while you long for normality ( unless you're rich, of course !)

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, David N.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. Service has always been a priority to us and we recognize that service excellence is a continuous journey that we take with pride and dedication at all levels.

I am glad that you enjoyed the food and our room amenities and I hope that you will visit us again in the future for a more successful experience.
manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We chose Marina Bay Sands this time because it is such a landmark in Singapore that we had to try the experience. They had a school holiday promo that time so room rates were discounted.
My only comment is the hotel lobby is in the same floor as the public corridor so you couldn't distinguish the guest from the onlooker. Security is remarkable and we like that. Overall, we had a blast, my husband preferred staying in the hotel because of its privacy, the room was big with 2 TV sets, one near the bed and the other in the living room. And there was so much to see and experience, everyday was a new day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, sara g.

I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your recent visit and I appreciate your positive feedback on our Security team. I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to enjoy more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had 2 roms and stayed on the club floor and good and bad bits..... the pool is amazing, the views breathtaking. stayed in both city view and garden/waterview. Loved the rooms with city view and the light show. The gardens are breathtakingly beautiful at night and just beautiful by day.The quality of drinks in the club was great, food ok. A bit surprised with the state of the pool changing rooms and toilets, broken bits all over. Our room smelt of sewerage for 3 days, but was fixed by the manager on the 4th day by shifting rooms, getting a bottle of wine and getting a late checkout. Getting a late checkout prior to this, was near to impossible, even though it was a condition of the booking, I was continually told to check on the day, a little frustrating

Room Tip: love the club floor city view rooms and the nightly light show, and they are a little bigger inside...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, missiek.

I am glad to hear that you and your family had a good stay with us. However, I am disappointed to learn about some of the challenges you experienced.

Rest assured that I have shared your feedback on the condition of our pool changing rooms with our SkyPark management team. I would also like to apologize for your experience with our late check-out offer. I have relayed your comments to our Front Office department heads for their review and appropriate action.

I value your patronage and I hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing to stay with us again in the future.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Fun hotel to stay at, and the pool area is excellent. The hotel is very big, with three towers so expect some walking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed in the Marina suite for 4 days ~ 200m2 cost $7,810 for suite only...

Good bits:
* Excellent butlers - very personable.
* Great iconic infinity edge pool with great views.

Bad bits:
* Slow check-in even with the VIP/Executive checkin desk.
* The Marina suites although very nice are facing the back rather than the more interesting city view (in my opinion).
* Very busy place and once out of your suite you realize you are in a very mass market place and treated as such.
* Although a really cool swimming pool the space on the roof with the number of people can make you feel like you are in a 3* hotel.
* I tried to go to one of the restaurants on the roof, accompanied by a stunning super model and we we declined entrance. I was not wearing shorts and she was beautifully dressed. First time in my life I have been declined to enter a place ...and I have sure been to the top VIP places in almost every city in the world!

Room Tip: Try and get a room with City view and except the only real good thing about the hotel is the views f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear ScubaDiverUK,

Thank you for your feedback and your encouraging comments on our Butler Service team. I will be sure to convey your compliments to the team.

However, I regret to learn about some of the challenges you encountered which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience with us. Marina Bay Sands is indeed a bustling hive of activity and we are continuously looking at ways to better manage the crowds on property to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay.

I also note your feedback on your experience at one of the restaurants on the SkyPark. It is never our intention to cause our guests any unnecessary inconvenience.

I value your comments and we will definitely seek to fine-tune our systems and procedures appropriately. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!