“Thanks to the fabulous infinity pool we had an amazing time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Bay Sands

You added Marina Bay Sands to your Saves list
Marina Bay Sands
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
S$359 (SGD)
Ranked #34 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Thanks to the fabulous infinity pool we had an amazing time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands on a 3 night stopover on our way home from Australia. My children (ages 10 and 7) had high expectations for the infinity pool and they were easily exceeded. It is utterly amazing! Because we spent so much time there and in the rest of the hotel complex - which my 7 year describes as a 'cruise hotel' as you don't really need to leave the building - we didn't end up seeing as much of Singapore as we had planned! The room was lovely but the one 'con' was that the double beds were very small (though very comfortable) which made 4 of us sharing a room a bit tight. We enjoyed the food court, Rise, Sweet Stop and going to see the Lion King at the on-site theatre. The children also enjoyed the ice skating rink and the laser light show. The service was very good throughout the hotel. It's not often that you can say that a hotel on it's own could provide the perfect end to a great holiday.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
George_Roe, Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stopover in Singapore and had the perfect end to a great holiday with Marina Bay Sands.

The infinity pool at the SkyPark is amazing and we are glad that you had the opportunity to catch The Lion King during your stay.

We are dedicated to making Marina Bay Sands the world’s most magnificent destination for entertainment, leisure, and business. We trust that you had a safe trip back and we look forward to seeing you and your family in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,979)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

We stopped off at the Marina Bay on our way down under, a long flight from the UK and an early arrival ( 9.30am ) and found our room was ready which was a real bonus. Reception staff were efficient friendly and welcoming including the porter who showed us to our room with a smile and knowledge anticipating our needs and questions about the hotel.
The room was a club room on the 47 floor with a fantastic view over the bay and Singapore town. The sky deck and infinity pool was a real highlight and one of the reasons for book here and it didn't disappoint..... Stunning...
The casino shopping areas were as you would expect from a well organized business in the fact they have enough for every budget and tast.
To sum up, it has to be the best hotel we have stayed at anywhere in the world for, location, style, design, quality, value for money and the wow factor.

Room Tip: Try to get a bay view and as high as you can
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

The Marina Bay Sands is an Iconic landmark in Singapore and that is all. Its a tourist attraction with minimal levels of customer service, unhelpful and rude staff. A total waste of a trip and extremely disappointing.

The management of the Marina Bays Sands need serious customer service training. nothing is delivered when requested. Restaurants are full (due to iconic attraction only) and overall service abysmal. I shall go back to Shangri La next visit.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dalkeith Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I had a very enjoyable stay at the Marina Bay Sands. I have stayed at many fine hotels all over the world and this one is excellent. The hotel facilities are exceptional, the service is faultless and the rooms are very well appointed, spacious and comfortable.

I stayed at the MBS for 6 days on a business trip, during that time I had a number of items such as files, flash drives, disks and documents delivered to me at the hotel and not one went astray simply because the person delivering those items asked the reception staff to call my room and gain permission to deliver them to me personally. Its a hotel with over 2500 rooms on three towers so it makes sense to make sure the item you need is delivered to you in person and in my case the reception staff were more than helpful with that on several occasions. The fact that I am not in any way more important than any other guest I don't believe the staff would have done any different to any other guest who had enough sense to ask. Its certainly much less problematic that throwing a temper tantrum that is bad enough for 2 security guards to get involved.

I agree with a previous reviewer who made a very good point. Always get reservation confirmation in writing and make sure the details are correct and contact the hotel a day or 2 before you're due to arrive to make sure your booking is confirmed. A bit of foresight and common sense can avoid issues later.

My stay at the MBS was problem free, I had no reason to moan about the service because during the entire 6 days the service was excellent from all the staff. My room (Club) was very clean and housekeeping did a very good job keeping it that way, I didn't have housekeeping enter my room when the do not disturb was on and no one bugged me with calls to my room. I often had room service meals as it was easier to eat in my room while continue working and the meals were delivered in a reasonable time frame. When I did eat elsewhere including the Club lounge for breakfasts I had excellent service from all the staff. On the few occasions I did relax at the Infinity pool the pool wasn't jam packed, there were many people there but not that many for an reasonable person to find an issue with and there was certainly no evidence of non guests using the pool, that claim like many is pure fantasy.

After reading the reviews I noticed that in many cases as soon as several people had posted positive reviews it was followed by a flood of very negative reviews which to me is highly suspicious. Personally I suggest to anyone considering a stay at the MBS they should treat most of these negative reviews with a pinch of salt, I have little doubt most are contrived and posted for ulterior motives. Many more guests like myself have posted positive reviews than those who have been negative and it beggars belief that there should be such a stark contrast between the vast majority who have had excellent experiences and those who complain about spurious and trivial issues.

I will return to the MBS because I found it to be an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review. It is heartening to know to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The recognition and support you have given our Team Members goes a long way in helping us to work harder to provide consistent and superior service to all our guests. We are happy to hear that we were able to deliver high quality service standards that matched your expectations.

We sincerely appreciate your support and we look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Spent two nights (9 - 11th May)on the executive (club) floor of this amazing structure, and watched the Lion King musical. very large hotels like this have special challenges dealing with massive numbers of people, and they do it well. fortunately I was on the club floor, which allows you to check in at the VIP lounge, and not line up for miles with the ordinary folk. altho checkin is at 3pm, club floor guests can checkin anytime.

the views from the 46th floor are nice, and the rooms are spacious. the bathrooms are medium-sized, and agreeable.

what I liked:
the ease of checkin at the VIP lounge was most welcomed, especially when we do this all over the world over and over again, and smooth checkins just make your day!
the structure of the marina bay sands is simply awesome, and the proximity of shopping, theatre and restaurants like Wolfgang Puck makes your visit. i loved the sunken treasure exhibition.

what I didn't like:
met one of the cleaner ladies on our floor and was surprised to find that she spoke not a word of english... a bit surprising for an international hotel not to have english-speaking staff.
the automatic curtains in my room did not close all the way, allowing light to sneak in at the sides, and for some people like me, I can't sleep a wink with the slightest bit of light.

Room Tip: pay more!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you had the opportunity to catch The Lion King, dine at CUT and also visit the ArtScience Museum during your stay.

We have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping department regarding our non-English speaking Team Members. We will also look into your comment with regards to the curtains in the rooms.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve every day. We look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I had a prepaid reservation for 2 rooms. Arrived and reception told me that my reservation was cancelled. They made us wait till 6pm to give a room. Breakfast was a long 15 minutes queue. We had to sit at seperate tables because there is non available to sit 4. It was over crowded. All the food outlets was full so we had to celebrate our wedding anniversary dinner in the room. Upon check out I settled the bill but Marina Bay Sucks made unauthorised charges to my credit card few days later. Today 5 months later, I am still trying get my money back. Don't believeif the operator tells you that someone will call you back. They never do. I wont stay there again even if its free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.

We regret to learn about the service shortfalls you have experienced during and after your stay.

Please be assured that this is inconsistent with the usual high standards that we strive to achieve for all our guests at Marina Bay Sands.

We will contact you via a private message to seek information for us to assist on the unresolved challenge.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Excellent service, views and food included in the price

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Marina Bay Sands? Share your experiences!