“Poor service, Small rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Grand Chancellor Singapore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Belilios Road, Singapore 219924, Singapore   |
Ranked #260 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Manama, Bahrain
“Poor service, Small rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were booked into this hotel by our tour operator for our 6 days trip to Singapore. However we were very dissapointed. The people at the reception talk to you as if they are doing you a favor and the overall service is very poor. They do not have their own restaurant. The buffet breakfast lacks variety- there was bread, butter, jam, cornflakes, boiled egg and watermelon on all five days. They have something called as the podium block where our room was and you need to take two lifts to reach there...HORRIBLE. Only plus point of this hotel was that there were a lot of Indian restaurants around, so we did not have any trouble finding good food for our 15 month old.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kochi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I booked this hotel through my travel agent. Almost all travel agents recommend this hotel,but please avoid this hotel if you are planning a vacation trip.it will spoil your days. When I checked in, the person at the counter narrated the hotel rules which was worse than a boarding school.I agreed all and requested them to give me two mineral water bottles as complimentary at my room as i was travelling with the kid. it is the usual thing expected in any standard hotel..Answer was " It will be charged. If you dont want to pay you can take water from toilet".It was not the money ,but the way in which it was put to me THAT I did not like. We booked for two adults and child as sharing without bed and another room for my in laws. After taking bath as there was no extra towel fro my kid i asked them if they can provide it. " answer was " No sir. You are entitled for only two towels per day" . Also I felt that the bed sheet was not clean. I requested the house keeping person if we can change that sheet NEXT DAY. Answer was " No sir, we will change it only every alternate day." The house keeping person intruded when we were getting ready, told them we want 10 minutes. Answer was " No sir. this is our cleaning time". Finally we reached the breakfast area in the morning at 9.15. My daughter was blocked from entry telling she should be paid 15$+tax=18$. I told them that it was included in the package. I asked the travel agent. They told me that they have already booked the room with breakfast and I need not pay. After assuring them that I will pay in case the agent do not pay, i managed to get breakfast for my daughter. Only palatable thing in the breakfast was fruits and bread for which they charge 18$ per person. At 9.30 they not only close the door, take away all the food.My wife was surprised when her plate was taken away even without asking her. So better eat out outside and save money..My adventure in the hotel do not end here. In the night when I came back after my trip, i found that the toilet tissue paper is not replaced and was empty. No tap is there near the closet. When I asked if they can provide a tissue paper, they told me that the house keeping is closed. I requested them, pleaded them, but no use. I managed that day with lot of difficulty.I had to ask the house keeping in the morning after they opened their service.so that I can gt the tissue paper...... We checked out in the morning itself. As my Father was old, I put him in a seat near the lobby and sat there where there is a restaurant as the area was completely empty. The person at the area asked me that we cannot sit there unless we order food from there. I told them that the chair in the lobby is full. So please allow. Instead , two security person appeared with the manager and asked us to leave the place....

I will never recommend this hotel even if provided free of cost.

Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Recently stayed two nights at this hotel, it is located conveniently in Little India and closer to all the temples and restaurants and from that point it is a plus. However, the rooms and service were very poor. You have to take two lifts and walk across to find your room and that was very hectic and painful with kids. The staff are not friendly and the reception treat you as if you are trying to redeem a free gift voucher

bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Hotel was quite average - the buffet breakfast was not great and lacked variety - everyday the same bread, jam, buffer and water melon fruits. There should have been some change. Next rooms were OK and not worth the price we paid.

Room Tip: Choose this only if u want to stay in Little India (ideal for Indians as they will get good Indian f...
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The service and the room were good but that's about it. Some hotel policies were ridiculous, for example - locking the fridge so we couldn't access it unless we called reception, wanting to charge us $5 for an extra packet of instant coffee. We would choose a better location in the future because Little India was a bit far from most Singapore attractions for us.

• Stayed October 2013
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just visited Singapore last week and stayed at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Singapore, we had a good experience, service was good, rooms were clean, also they served lovely Indian breakfast, we enjoyed the stay. Housekeeping did a good job.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

good budget hotel in the heart of city - Little India . Staying n the hotel looks like that you are in India.Good for tourist with family as well as for business also. Staff is cooperative and supportive

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Grand Chancellor Singapore? Share your experiences!