“Sumptuous food, great atmosphere, and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: .Finally, in April 2010, a collaboration with the esteemed Garibaldi Group sees Chef Lino unveil Gattopardo amidst the lush greenery of Hotel Fort Canning. Still deeply grateful of the opportunity to helm his own restaurant, Chef Lino did not disappoint as he introduces an innovative menu of authentic South Italian and Mediterranean cuisines- winning over customers and critics, alike.
Singapore, Singapore
“Sumptuous food, great atmosphere, and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I attended a wedding at Hotel Fort Canning, and that's how we got to know about Gattopardo. The restaurant looked cosy and romantic, with the lovely terrace outside for those who wish to enjoy the warm sunshine. As we were looking at the menu, the friendly staff spoke to us and started introducing the Chef specialties to us. Intrigued by the interesting menu, and the friendliness of the staff, we decided to come back the next weekend to dine at Gattopardo!

It was definitely a great decision. As it was a bright sunny day, we sat outside by the terrace and sipped on Sicilian white wine, whilst enjoying the lovely spread of food that we ordered as recommended by the staff. Being dessert lovers, I have to highlight the Cannoli Siciliani - it was fantastic! We also tried the chocolate threesome, and the Pistachio Tart.

We had a lovely meal at Gattopardo, and we will definitely go back for more Sicilian delights.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was having a casual stroll with my girlfriend around fort canning after a movie at plaza singapura. decided to check out the hotel and looked around. When we entered, we noticed a pretty little restaurant just adjacent to the hotel lobby. I suggested checking the restaurant out and we ended up spending a couple of hours and dollars at the place!

The interior was exquisite but we voted to sit outside as the view of Singapore's central and the terraced greenery of fort canning was too beautiful to miss out. My girlfriend was excited about the long list of seafood dishes that was available and we ordered the fresh seafood from the counter. The food was amazing. Super fresh seafood that was full of flavour!

We entered not expecting much but we were blown away by the quality of the food and the excellent service. The food was a little pricey though, but it was well worth the money. We were informed of their Sunday brunch and we will definitely return to try that menu out sometime soon.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Unethical, dishonest, lying management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a Sunday on 10th March 2013 for lunch. Armed with my Amex Palate Card, I called to make my reservation after reviewing the terms and conditions of the Palate Card on the Palate website. I was informed that the restaurant was serving its Sunday Brunch which is not covered by the Palate promotions card, but I could still enjoy the Palate card privileges if I order from the ala carte menu and if I wouldn't mind to sit at the patio.

I agreed. After an enjoyable lunch where I ordered two antipasti courses, one pasta and two mains plus two glasses of wine, I called for the bill. To my surprise, the management did not want to honor my Ames Palate Card. I paid for the bill which cost me SGD213.05 and I immediately called Amex to lodge a complain.

Amex, did their dutiful job and I have to thank a guy called Martin on Amex who investigated the matter for a few weeks whilst I dutifully settled my Amex bills including the Gattopardo bill in full. In the midst of investigation, Gattopardo unilateraly changed the T&C on the palate website, not claiming that it does not serve ala carte on Sundays. Luckily I still held onto my receipt else I would have been accused of being a cheater instead of the management of the restaurant. Their argument of not giving me the doscount is that the restaurant does not serve ala carte, and since they decide to serve me out of goodwill (I am neither a celebrity nor a tycoon nor a politician - why the heck would they bend over for me???) they insisted that the Palate Card promo did not apply.

Heck, I can afford the bill many times over and I have been to more expensive restaurants, settling more expensive bills but I hate to be cheated and lied to but cunning people. This is the worst behavior in human society. What better word to use on the management, but liars.

I advice people out there to be wary of the restaurant. One that goes back on their words, and worst of all, to cover their tracks to hide their errors whilst still acting to be an angel are the worst kind of people. And do you still dare trust them with your food?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
singapore
“Excellent & tasty meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just had dinner with 3 lovely ladies at this restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed the dinner..great food , good service and nice ambience. We shared the "Sicilian Blood Orange with Fennel Salad & Flamingo Salt Flake, the Arrotolata (Smoked Mozzarella, Suckling Pig, Porcini Mushrooms, Grape Sauce and Rucola Salad (Rolled pizza)), Homemade Squid Ink Spaghetti with Alaskan King Crab and Cognac Sauce,Salted baked Mediterranean Sea Bass and to round it off a selection of dessert (Toasted Almond Pannacotta , Signature Tiramisu, choc truffle cake & coffee granita!). The Arroltolata and squid ink pasta were superb the sea bass was very fresh!...and the dessert...definitely worth the extra calories!
Together with the company..."e stata una fantastica cena"...

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malaysia
“Gattopardo, Sicilian cuisine at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Helmed by the accomplished Chef Lino Sauro the food served at Gattopardo, Singapore, is mainly authentic Sicilian cuisine. There's a rather cool charcoal grill and wood-fired oven for baking gourmet pizzas and diners can expect a different and refreshing style of cooking from Chef Lino, paired to perfection with Sicilian & a huge repertoire of Italian wines.

Lino's kitchen at Gattopardo is full of the best imported ingredients from Italy and I love the way they have an impressive array of fresh seafood on display in the restaurant for all the guests to see, and marvel at. The service here is terrific, and some of the dishes we recommend include the Crudo di Cappasanta con Nocciole Tostate e Caviale Affumicato, the Prosciutto di Parma Pio Tosini e Burrata di Andria, the Risone Con Polipo Brasato e Midollo di Bue, the Calamari Alla Brace and the Porchetta Cotta al Forno a Legna.
For the dessert, do not miss the I Cannoli Siciliani, which is essentially Crispy Espresso-infused Wafers Filled with Ricotta Cream and Amedei Mousse and you should paired this with the 2010 Malvasia Tasca D Almerita, Sicily (Malvasia). A great restaurant - one of Singapore's gems, for sure!

Address: