“What a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Feel At Home Hostel

You added Feel At Home Hostel to your Saves list
Feel At Home Hostel
1.5 of 5 Hostel   |   7, Jalan Pinang, Singapore 199139, Singapore (Kampong Glam)   |
Ranked #104 of 189 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“What a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Just a quick review to say how good my time was at this medium sized, backpacker friendly hostel, located in the colonial district of Singapore! They accommodated our every wish, and the service was excellent. The dorm rooms in which we stayed were meticulously clean, with good air con, and best of all it was cheap, representing brilliant value to backpackers of all budgets. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

nice place: clean rooms, & clean sheared bathrooms, free wifi .
friendly and helpfull staff
location is very good, near MRT & bus stops, easy to find ..

Room Tip: up steers is nicer
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I am from Malaysia and this was the first time i stay in any backpacker. This place gives me a warm and kind feeling~ This name of this hostel really suits it because it really does give u the feel at home~ The place is clean and the facilities is great ~ U can go to anywhere or get anything due to the perfect location because it is kindly near the market and MRT station. I'm glad to be here ~ If i ever come to Singapore for holiday again . I will definitely stay here again ~

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am from Canada and during my last visit to Singapore, I stayed in double room for 3 nights. Room was clean and as expectation. Services and other facilities like morning breakfast and free wireless internet was really rare to find in country like Singapore. Myself and my friends we enjoyed the stay and liked the delicious breakfast every morning. Place is withing the reach and kind of centrally located in the city. MRT & Bus stations are near by and near to market area. Shopping experience was also good near by the hostel particularly Little India and Arab street.

Singapore is must visited country and Feel At Home hostel is must stay in Singapore specially for beg packers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I am from Finland and this was my first stay in any backpacker, and I feel really like home away from home. The place is very clean and comfortable. I like the breakfast provided which is something special everyday from tradition dish from any of the corner of world. A good start of the day with a nice break y. The location is great as very easy to go anywhere in Singapore. The MRT station and the bus station just few steps from the hostel. Internet is free, the staff is very helpful and friendly to make you comfortable. 24hour reception is open and no curfew to come and go. Overall great stay, recommended to all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in double room, room was clean and having all the basic requirements. As per for room keys security, they charged 20$ as deposit and given us fresh blankets, towels, universal adapter and keys. First impression Appreciated! The breaskfast was having bread butter, mixed fruit jam and some Asian dish as a bonus. Second Impression very good. The location is perfect, Bugis MRT is only 3-4 min walking distance. restaurants, money exchange, shops, tourist attractions are on walking distance. I really recommend this backpacker to any one. Last yes, forget to mention about staff: amazingly friendly and nice. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in 1 room only, so it is difficult for us to tell about others, but we met many people in...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Byron Bay, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed for three nights: 1st night in a double room and second in the family room (which is basically the female dorm room) on the first floor. Because the family room wasn't available on our first night, we booked a double room for me and my hubby + our daughter, and a dorm room for my sister through the website. We received the confirmation for both, but when we got to the hostel, we found out that only the double room was successfully reserved. The hostel was full for it was a Saturday. They said they'll resolve it (owner claims it could be a "system glitch"), and such resolution was to let my hubby sleep on the floor in the hallway. And well, the hubby did. To add insult to the injury, they woke up my hubby at 7:30 AM the next day for people will be passing to and fro the hallway.

On the second day, we waited for the family room to be ready so we could transfer from the double room. I was left in the room a little past 12noon napping while the rest headed out for lunch. I understand it's check out time, but totally got annoyed that the staff kept barging in the door without knocking to remind us to move our luggage out and even told me that "the customer is already here". Mind you, the room was vacant the whole day. And so were three other rooms.

Rooms are tiny and windowless but clean. Bathrooms are cleaned daily too, unlike our room. Breakfast (toast and jam) is included but served past 8 in the morn. Wi-Fi connection is good, and hot water for shower is available 24 hours. Dining hall has plates and utensils if you need to use some for your takeaway food. There's also an electric kettle to heat water for coffee/tea/instant noodles. Hostel is very near Bugis MRT. Pubs and restos are just around the corner.

They could be very strict with the check out time, because we were asked to vacate our family room 12noon on the dot. Or else we had to pay some dollars even for just half an hour more. We ended up taking our unpacked things to the dining hall to finish our packing.

Really disappointed, especially cause we specifically chose this hostel because of its good reviews. Should you book a room, I suggest sending a follow up email to confirm if it indeed went through (to prevent sleeping on the floor). They reply pretty quick.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Feel At Home Hostel? Share your experiences!