“Two more fantastics walks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Original Singapore Walks

The Original Singapore Walks
D'Centennial Building, 100 Lorong 23 Geylang, #07-01, Singapore 388398, Singapore (Downtown Core)
(65) 6325 1631

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The walks work on a simple principle: to bring people into places most other tours don't. Graveyards, smoke houses, wet markets, gun batteries, the city’s best-kept secret places. You name it, we have it. Since 2003, the Walks led by an eclectic bunch of researcher-guides have taken locals and travellers alike off the beaten track, and entertained with an endless store of anecdotes that reveal the true heart of the city. Pre-booking not necessary!
Canberra, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Two more fantastics walks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took the 'Red Clogs Down the Five Foot Way' and 'Dhobis, Saris and a Spot of Curry' walks on my recent trip to Singapore. These were my second and third walks with The Original Singapore Walks and once again fantastic tours. The knowledge of the guides really made these areas of Singapore come alive and are a wonderful introduction to the culture and history of each area. I had visited Chinatown and Little India on a previous trip to Singapore but really didn't appreciate the areas and their unique character. After these walks I was more than happy to explore further on my own and absorb the culture at every turn. I highly recommend a walking tour when visiting Singapore.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and in-laws joined the Colonial Tour last month and loved it. The guide, a local Singaporean, was extremely knowledgable and very passionate about the city and its culture. Excellent, would definitely do this again on my next visit to Singapore.

Wales
“The best thing we did in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We did the Sultans of Spice™ A Kampong Glam (Malay-Islamic Quarter) Walk on our first day in Singapore. Helena, our guide, made the tour friendly, fun and informative. I just wish we'd had the time to do more...

Aberdeen, Scotland
14 attraction reviews
“Guided walk in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A small group decided to take a guided walk in Singapore. We went with The Original Singapore Walks on the Sutans and Spice walk. We met our guide, Carol at 9.30am and then had a stroll around the area hearing about the history of the buildings, and people plus much more. It was very informative without being too much info too quickly.We finished about 1pm knowing much more than when we started. Carol was a superb guide who seemed to gauge the group well. It was well worth the $30 and we look forward to trying one of their other walks soon. It is good that you just get to the meeting point given on the internet and pay on arrival. No prebooking needed.

Sydney
“Chinatown Walk on 2 October 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Thank you Joo Ling for an excellent insight into Chinese arrivals, customs and culture. I took my
two grandchildren, Ellen aged 12 and Ben aged 9, and despite Ben feeling ill towards the end
both children have added to their knowledge of Chinese culture. After a short break and cold
drink Ben insisted in buying a water fountain to take home as Joo Ling explained as feng shui.
Joo Ling's advice also took us to the Peranakan Museum which is a cultural treasure. Many thanks Joo Ling. Deirdre Connors