I stayed at Fernloft Little India for the 1st night, at Chinatown for the 2nd & 3rd and finally back to Little India on my 4th night because I had problem with my flight.
What I don't like:
1. I read the reviews on Hostelworld that this hostel get the big 5 of reviewers rating. It shown that everybody who stayed there always feel happy, so based on that review I decided to book a room. It was Feel like Home, but I don't feel I have privacy since there are many rules (feels like staying in a dormitory school), which in my deep thought the rules were OK, but the first impression was not impressed me as much as I read on the website. I mean, I know Auntie Aini was trying to make all things in the right way (perfectionist) in order to to make everybody feel comfort and happy, but not everybody is OK with that kind of service.
One accident happened when I took my bath in the 1st morning I stayed. While I was inside the bathroom, someone knocking the door. While still curious with the knocking (I thought I was just 10 minutes inside), was my mistake I did not directly answer, then suddenly the bathroom door is opened! I was screaming and luckily no one saw me (one man was sitting facing the computer).
Once I finished, Aunti was telling me she thought no one inside the bathroom since no one replying her knocking and the light were off. I said she should heard the water runs. Then she said that people outside the bathroom cannot hear the water runs and very often guest left the door open and the water runs. I know it was a lie because even from my room I can hear the water runs in the bathroom or even from the pipe beside the bathroom! And about the light, it was in the morning, very clear, so I didn't turn on the light coz I think It's already clear enough! There's no rules written on the wall that we should turn on the lights while bathing. It was really really really a bad experience I've had during my stay and my trip.
The next bathing time, I was checking the hook key in the bathroom. Obviously, even I have already put the key in the right order, it still can be opened from outside by forcing it. You need to change different type of door, if not, will be very dangerous especially for ladies guest.
2. Well, talking, sharing and knowing people is a must in our life, but I don't really like if the conversations turned into telling bad things about other guest nations, or even about other branch. I don't really care about internal problems, but as one company every staff should make a good trace and showing professionalism for a good image for their company. She gave me a guest comment paper for writing my comment about Little India branch but not for the Chinatown. I think this is not fair. If you need feedback should be widely open for good or bad feedback.
What I like:
1. Helpful information about Singapore from Aunti
2. The location was great! Luckily I stayed during the Chinese NY festival so I can walked around enjoying the festival. The view from the 2nd floor is awesome, as we saw Chinese temple every morning.
3. Clean and we had a honeymoon-red room. Love the colour, love the pillows (4 comfy pillows)
4. Welcome drink is available
Even though this hostel is recommended, I hope the owner do some action to prevent those things not happen in the future for other guest.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Fernloft China Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernloft China Town Hotel Singapore
- Fernloft China Town Singapore