“Chit and luxe” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel

You added Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   15 Hoe Chang Road | #01-01 Tower 15, Singapore 089316, Singapore   |
Ranked #110 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Chit and luxe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel decor with the silver ball in the lobby gave a good first impression. As mentioned by others the hotel was well situated in a central location within the business district. Shortly after the check-in, there was a strong scent of cooking and food in the Suite. It was rather disappointing but the housekeeping responded positively with their prompt attention to our concerns. There was a note on the fridge indicating that the hotel provide sandwiches on the house during wee hours. To our disappointment, the reception staff told us otherwise and there would be a room service charge on top of the sandwiches. We felt the hotel should take note and improve on the finer details such as providing two bottles of mineral water, wider selection of food during breakfast and to correct the misleading perception of the free sandwiches.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your compliments. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your feedback & will further improve ourselves to meet your expectations. With regards to the late night snacks, our hotel does provide complimentary milk & cookies or a hot bowl of noodles after our f & b outlets are closed for the day. Your kind suggestion of including sandwiches is a fantastic one & we will definitely consider that option. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was a last minute booking to klapsons hotel on my birthday. The hotel room is beyond my expectation. Love the coffee machine in the room and this hotel is kinky to the maximum, a shower see through cyclinder right in the middle of the room with spotlight on top. So its really recommended for couples that just want to have an intimate staycation.

The bed and the pillows are so comfy and they give out colgate brand of toothbrush and toothbrush. I had a slice of birthday cake and complimetary late check out at 2pm. Definitely a place if u just wanna chill out and have movie night for a staycation. Its right at tanjong pagar about 10 minutes walk from the mrt station and about 20 mins to cityhall by foot. Breakfast is minimum but filling.

Staffs were friendly and the receptionist even brought us up into the room personally.

Pricing wise abit on the high side, but expectant, its singapore afterall. Do not have very high expectation on this hotel for the cost that you pay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you very much for the positive comments. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Birthday from all of us at klapsons!
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here twice on business with a short trip to KL in between visits, one two night stay was from a Kayak.com/Hotels.com booking and another stay from Jetsetter.com. During my initial stay where I arrived in the morning from a red-eye flight, the shower hot water did not work, after taking a cold shower water would somehow leak and wet the hallway carpet floor, and the AC fan had a loud whine -- later, I had to sleep with it off. I spoke with the staff who apologized for the problems. Maintenance wasn't able to resolve anything while I was at work either of the two nights. During my second stay I was in a nicer larger room, the hot water was working and the AC didn't make any noise in this room. However, water from a shower also leaked the hallway carpet in this room too. After wetting a few pairs of socks I learned to walk barefoot or wear shoes. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good throughout. The service staff in the restaurant were excellent and most of the hotel staff is nice as well but one of the hotel managers has a bit of an attitude.

CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS FOR A FEW MONTHS AFTER YOU STAY WITH THEM. Over a month after my stay, they erroneously billed my credit card for the first stay (which was already paid via Kayak.com/Hotels.com directly) using the corporate credit card I provided for incidentals. The issue is pending. I'm not overly concerned as I have saved my receipts and credit card statements, but I want to let others know to be careful in dealing with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable comments. We have noted your feedback & will further improve ourselves to meet your expectations & make your stay the most memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Singapore River, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

the room had quite a number of issue, air-con not working right, the shower would leak through onto the carpet. when we first checked in, i found stains on the bed and a hair-clip(didn't do a proper clean up??)

breakfast was really a disappointing experience. little choices with even lesser amount left to pick off. Breakfast timing was 7am - 11am. We got there at 9.45 and was only presented with a buffet consisting of 6 piece of cheese , 3 slices ham, 4 sasuages, 5 hard boil eggs and a small fruits platter(or at least what's left of it) . oh did i mention, this was for the entire breakfast crowd. now just for me....... The rest(basic toast bread, fruit juice) was also looking like they could really use a re-fill. i waited for 30 mins, hoping they would re-fill on the food as i was looking forward for a good breakfast. at 10.30am, still no re-fill was done. i felt bad for the guy who walked in at 10.38 and was offered just a selection of bread, butter, juices and fruits. so much for a buffet....

nevertheless, the counter staff was friendly. but i would highly recommend people to look else where for the price.

Room Tip: somewhere else would be good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we're always listening & I have shared your comments with the respective teams so we can make your future stay with us a more memorable one. If you’d like to contact me directly, I am most glad to receive your call. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon
Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I do wonder what other hotels people have stayed in to rate this a 4 star hotel. I took my time to choose carefully and research hotels in Singapore and came to the decision to book Klapsons. The reason being the location, free wifi, breakfast inc and a coffee machine in the room.

Fresh off a long flight, I arrived at 10am as I mentioned on my booking in hope a room would of been made available. I was told my room was not yet ready and check in was at 2pm. At booking you can let them know of your estimated time of arrival and the last thing you want is to arrive and not be able to relax, shower and have to go out in the intense Singapore humidity and find your way around this new city especially if you do not have any time to waste. I guess that's the problem when you book a hotel with only 17 rooms. I carried on with my day and didnt return until 8:10pm in which I then checked in 10 HOURS after I intially turned up. Only to walk into my room and find my luggage had not YET been put in my room? It had been sitting in the luggage area with the receptionists knowing I was waiting to check in and would be back later why didnt they pro-actively think and do their job and place my luggage so I didnt have to wait any further. The manager had to then go back downstairs and get it for me - which didnt look too professional as his incompetent staff clearly couldnt carry out a simple task. Also a missed opportunity at reception, it may seem 'polite' to be quiet and just stick to the script of taking payment etc but It helps if you can strike up a conversation with a checking in guest. This was my first trip to singapore, on my own as a young woman. I was only shown a map when I asked and advised where to go. The receptionists didnt seem to being able to talk the talk despite being in frontline hospitality.

My Apple products needed charging and Unfortunately I didnt have the correct adapter, so I called the manager that evening and asked if he could help me locate an adapter or iphone main charger as I wanted to let my family know I had arrived safely. He NEVER followed that up and I didnt get a charger until the next morning from another member of staff. My fridge in room 207 clearly needed checking as the 'Cream Milk' for the coffee was floating in water at the bottom!

I was located on Level 2, I had read previously in a tripadvisor review that this level was noisy. Room 207 I originally had you could hear the music playing in the corridor and I had literally no wifi on my Ipad & Iphone - even after restarting them. So be aware of this, if you get this room. The second night after a few phone calls asking receiption if Wifi was actually working I was kindly moved to another room with great use of wifi!

Breakfast is very minimal, your best option is to not have breakfast there and go out and get some true food from local cafes. The good thing about this hotel is the location, it is good walking distance to the main chinatown and I would recommend buying a ticket on the duck & hippo hop on/off buses which takes you to all the historic tourist sites. Visit Clarke-Quay that is such a great vibrant area for the night and taking a river cruise watching Marina Bay Sands light show was amazing! A taxi to and from this hotel to Changi Airport should cost around $20SGP

Lesson learnt, I will stick to large main hotels which deal with a heavy footfall and different requests from a large nationality clientèle where they have everything down to a T. I really was looking forward to exceptional service with great communication from staff as they only have 17 rooms to manage but did not find that at Klapsons.The hotel is clearly designed to be appealing to the eye but the style in room is just not practical. As cool as it is to have a shower right next to your bed the floor in front gets soaked and is fairly dangerous. The mini bar is complimentary but bare in mind there is no food - no crackers or choc bars just orange juice, water and beer or so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we work hard to offer good and friendly service & we will continue to work harder to meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. If you’d like to contact me directly, I am most glad to receive your call. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.
Northiam, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, 24th and 25th October 2013, there are no free transfers from the airport to the hotel and the taxi fare was around $20 each way depending on the traffic. The room and breakfast were nice enough although we had a power cut in our room on the last day and were sweltering before we left for the airport. They gave us a voucher for a free drink in the bar on the 17th floor which we decided to have after a long hot day walking around Singapore (the hop on/off bus stop is a long way from the hotel) the half pint of guiness went down well so we decided to have another (big mistake) because when it came to settling the bill at the end of our stay the extra 2 halves of guiness cost us $40 (£20) which we reckon must be a world record!
I think this hotel is vastly overpriced as it is not exactly in the best position for getting around Singapore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we're always listening & I have shared your comments with our team so we can make your future stay with us a more memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel has a "made-to-impress" lobby and it will give you the wow factor upon arrival. And as a property with less than 20 rooms, its facility and service is not extensive but just appropriate. I traveled on my own for business for 2 days and booked for Executive Double or Twin Room and got a room with 2 twin beds (which is fine with me). But the funny thing is, it has an open shower that mirrors are kind of all over the place so technically I cannot imagine 2 friends be able to share a room like this and if it is couple, then maybe they won't want 2 twin beds (unless Japanese). Anyway, I am fine with this since I am not sharing the room. Technically, the open shower will be the only "good-looking design" but not working 100% practically for me at this hotel. The water kept spilling out and the water went even to the closet area (since open space) on my first day and made my luggage wet (since I don't know and just put the luggage on the floor). Learning this, I was very careful to take the shower on the second day and have put floor towels around the possible spilling area and it was okay. But showering cautiously is not as enjoyable I guess. All other things in my room worked well, with a work desk, Nespresso coffee machine, complimentary mini-bar and free WiFi access. As for the Food & Beverage outlets, the coffee place just outside the lobby was great, good coffee and great staff. For the restaurant that I had breakfast at, I have to say the breakfast should at least include some raw veggies (like salad) or slices of fruits. I specifically asked and said not available. And there is no yogurt or cheese for the American breakfast set-menu either. So technically, the set comes with 2 eggs with bacon, mushroom, tomato, 2 toasts + croissant, juice and coffee. I think the hotel can do better on the breakfast set. Overall, a nice boutique hotel in a central convenient location. Will come back again and hope I can give this a 5-star rating next time.

Room Tip: I stayed at room 208. Maybe higher floor rooms is less noisy with the street traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments & valuable comments. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your feedback & will further improve ourselves to meet your expectations & make your stay the most memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!