“Intimate boutique hotel in business district” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel

You added Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   15 Hoe Chang Road | #01-01 Tower 15, Singapore 089316, Singapore   |
Ranked #111 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Intimate boutique hotel in business district”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Three floors of rooms, king size bed and with room to move. My second floor room opened up to a small private courtyard with room for two people to sit. You can hear the traffic but it's not loud enough to disturb your sleep. Friendly and helpful staff. Chopard amenities, bathrobes and slippers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gilbert O, Manager at Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when guests acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

A great little design hotel. A feast for the eyes and senses. Perfect for a personal, individual experience. Wonderful service. Within walking distance to the subway, which is very convinient for getting around. I took it from the airport on arrival... (Cost only $2.00). The hotel is good value for great quality comparing to other hotels.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments. I've just shared your comments with our team & it planted smiles on everyone's face. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Pro - on the direct airport MRT line, not far to get anywhere by MRT, not a big hotel chain, fresh fruit at breakfast, spacious room with terrace and outside shower, some good restaurants nearby for lunch as well as and markets, short stroll till chinatown, nespresso, soda, juice and beer in the room, iphone dock, and probably the most comfortable bed I ever slept in.

Con - due to it's location rather in the CBD than Chinatown there isn't much to do. People flock to offices during the day, during night it's empty and everything is closed including restaurants (at 10pm we just found one korean open around the corner). The design of the hotel is unique but needs modernizing, the restaurant at breakfast was freezing, I think I caught my cold there, breakfast not too much choice but freshly made eggs, fruit and good choice of cereals + sausages, the shower in the middle of the room looks interesting but isn't practical, we took shower on the terrace instead which should have been cleaned before as well as bulbs exchanged - 3 of them not working so ended up taking shower in the dark, we missed a comb and cotton pads + earbuds, and if you are a fresh couple you might want to reconsider given the lack of privacy of the semi transparent toilet and see through shower.

The fastest way to get there is to exit Tanjong Pagar station and turn right, at the first crossing turn left with the biulding site to your right. At the end of that short road turn left and cross over the pedestrian crossing into the shopping mall. Pass it and exit turning left. Immediately pass over into the next mall. Pass it and turn left, cross over Enggor Str and a few metres streight on the left you're already there.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. At klapsons, we're always listening & I have shared your comments with the team so we can make your future stay with us a more memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was a great experience and it was our first staycation with our toddler. Not many boutique hotels are 'child-friendly'. We're pleasantly surprised that Klapsons is able to accommodate us. Plus, they're very prompt with their service :) We'll definitely check-in again if we're planning for another getaway!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the positive comments. All of us at klapsons are glad your family enjoyed the stay with us and we look forward to seeing all of you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My GF and I stayed at the Oasis Suite for a night and I also took the opportunity to propose to her. I'm glad that I've certainly made the choice to choose Klapsons for the proposal.

I've called up a week before my stay to request for a "site survey" on the Oasis Suite. The staff over the phone, Jaci, picked up and mentioned that she'll be able to show me a room of a similar layout (I suppose its the Oasis room) because the suite was occupied. Went over in about an hour and Jaci gladly brought me up to the room for my "site survey"

I wrote several emails to Klapsons in the week leading up to the proposal and not only they were quick in responding to the email, but it seems that they are more than willing to acede

Room Tip: My GF and I stayed at the Oasis Suite for a night and I also took the opportunity to propose to her...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Occupying the first 3 floors of an office block in the Central Business District (CBD) / China Town area of Singapore it is a very interesting experience. We booked a Klapsons Oasis Suite 301 from memory which was a good sized room but no separate sitting area as the suite name would suggest. The bathroom on the other hand is extensive but the shower only has one setting which is in the form of a large tap tipping water over you from a great height. Not for everyone as if you turned facing the shower there was a danger it could to drown you! The volume and direction of the water poured out onto the floor although this appears to have been catered for as there was drainage.

Room decor was modern and the light settings interesting and worked pretty well.

I note that there have in the past been some complaints over the Jacuzzi which is outside in a separate area (not a problem for Singapore). We found it to be clean although it too a couple of minutes to remove the bamboo leaf deposited presumably due to wind. Despite intital trepidation this was a great way to unwind at the end of the day.

Overall service was fine, check in efficient and needs catered for. The pod is odd and the acoustics off putting but you will remember it.

Breakfast was reasonable with a fresh cooked option that worked well. If you are looking for a vast international buffet here you are not going to get it as there are only 17 rooms.

We went up to the top floor (Fabrika) which is an open lounge / light food bar and spent a pleasant hour listening to a couple of guitarists - The happy hour two for 1 is reasonable value but note that this is the (CBD) and so they are closed on Saturday and Sunday nights as there is no trade.

As the hotel is in China town there are many bars and restaurants in the area with the nearest MRT (Tanjong Pagar) around 400 metres away. China town night market can be walked to (slowly) as well as Club Street (one of the happening areas of Singapore) the rest is a taxi ride.

So all in all if you have business in the CBD then this is an option. If you were planning a reception and wanted to put guests up here, this is an option. A acouple of nights stay in Singapore if you are fed up with large hotels.......great but this is an aquired taste.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel location is suitable for business trip especially, it's located on the heart of business centre nearby MRT station. The hotel decoration is very nice for those who like modern decoration style. The metallic cycle reception counter was very attractive for me as well as the lighting.

Once I opended the door, it made my surprised because of the transparent glass shower tube in the middle of the room!!! Good that we have close toilet in room :D
I personally like the decoration and the room size is quiet big compares with others hotels in Singapore. I love comfy bed with many pillows, it made me sleep very well after my entire stressful meeting.

Besides the decoration, the facilities is one thing I like:
- floor to ceiling window with city view
- wide wall mirror
- digital weighing apparatus
- fridge
- coffee machine (you can have your cappucino or decafeine coffee with fresh milk not a kettle with instant coffee!!)
- lighting, curtain and air condition are able to adjust at the entrance, window and on your bedside!

Breakfast was ok with limited selection due to only 17 rooms capacity. But the quality was good with service minded staffs.

I would love to stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Klapsons, The Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!