“Overnight stay in SG” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 301 Hotels in Singapore
San Jose, California
“Overnight stay in SG”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a nice clean hotel. Small, not many facilities such as a pool but reasonable price and well equiped room for an overnight stay.

Close to food at a hawker center, a few bars.
There are 2 MRT stations within 10 mins walk.

Breakfast included in the room rate

Room Tip: not a room on lavender st
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed here for 3 nights, staffs are helpful, have very well sleep for all nights.
Breakfast simple but cover everything you need esp. coffee better than I expected, thanks!!!
Hotel smell nice and clean which make me feel very relax after being tired from the whole day trip.
The only weak point is the hotel not located next to MRT station, you might have to catch a short trip by bus (2-3 stops) or 5-10 min walk from-to station (not too far from my opinion and feel very safe even you walk at midnight). Overall, everything is good recommend to stay at once and you will know that this place suit you or not.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My first experience of this hotel was arriving at 3am, I asked if there was anywhere near that I could get some food, and they directed me to a food court 3 minutes walk away. In this food court, at 3am Sunday night, there were at least 15 stalls open, and a few dozen people sitting there. I later found out there was a couple other food courts close as well. Free wifi, the location is okay, it's about a 45 minute walk to orchard road, or there is an MRT station 5 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I booked the queen bed option as the price was the same for a twin bedder.I arrived at 9am but I was told that check-in was at 2pm.However I was allowed to check in at 12noon.The room was clean,modern with a very comfortable bed.The breakfast was ok for the class of hotel.I had to pay for an extra half day as my flight was in the evening,but my room was cleaned and fresh towels provided.Overall the hotel was good value for Singapore

Room Tip: The hotel is a bit far from the MRT station
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have booked earlier for Aqueen Lavender Hotel ( months earlier) and have requested for a non smoking room but upon checking in we were given a smoking room , receptionist said it was all dependent on the availability of the room. Sadly we were there during the F1 event at Singapore so rooms are more expensive than usual. Pros: Large and spacious room ( we were given a corner deluxe room which is larger than most standard rooms),the light controls are impressive, huge windows, breakfast is included in our stay ( though the choices are very limited but husband and I are not breakfast eaters anyway, but the food might be an issue to other guests because they just repeat the menu, lots of greasy fried foods too for the kids i think), coffee is good. Free wifi in your room. Complimentary water and coffee/ tea is replenished everyday. Cons: we waited a long time to be checked in ( around 45 minutes ) as we were told that our room is still being cleaned ( arrived at around 3-4pm), the receptionists really needs to smile more. I noticed that our sheets are not replaced daily because I saw very light stain on it and the next day it was still there. The pillows are really hard for the neck,it gave me a neck ache. The hotel is somewhat far from everything but it is in a quiet neighborhood with lots of car parts shops, hardware stores, and budget hotels/ hostels around, walk to the train station is 7-10 minutes. If you have a senior citizen with you it is not very advisable. Also it is beside Singapore Casket , which does not bother us at all, but other guests might be turned off by it. There is a food court nearby that is open until midnight but we were not able to check it out. The housekeeping personnel are hospitable enough to smile and greet at guests. Unfortunately there were very loud senior citizens on the other room so we heard their loud voices and shouting at midnight, but there was really nothing that the hotel management could do about it. If given a choice I would not stay here again. One can locate a better hotel for the same price in Singapore.

Room Tip: Deluxe room are bigger so it's a better choice, also request for higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My room is 610, the aircon was not in good condition and operated noisy whole night, although we called the front desk to find someone to solve the problem, the mechanic person reply us that we have to wait until tomorrow. Therefore, we turned it off in order to have a sleep, but we did not make it. Thelocation for Chinese is not ok coz it's just beside Singapore casket which I don't know in advance. However, the breakfast is good, especially the staff who serve us on date 14th Oct.

• Stayed October 2012
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Neat but characterless hotel. The rooms were clean and modern, but something missing to make the atmosphere complete. The hotel did not give negative or positive feelings. The staff were polite but not particularly warm.
The rooms had free WiFi, but it was locked with a password and allowed only one device at a time. So it was impossible to use two iPhones same time.
Breakfast was a disappointment, in our opinion selection was limited.
Also the location was a bit far away from everything, even from the nearest metro station. One can find much better located hotel at same price in Singapore.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple