“Good budget hotel for overnight stay/stopovers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Peranakan Hotel

You added Le Peranakan Hotel to your Saves list
Le Peranakan Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 East Coast Road | Katong District, Singapore 428994, Singapore   |
Ranked #215 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Good budget hotel for overnight stay/stopovers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Room
We stayed in the superior double with no windows. Hotel room was clean but really small with electrical kettle and hairdryer provided. The aircon was working well and we were given 2 complimentary bottled water.
Location
Good as it's near local restaurants and only 2 bus stops (approx. 5 mins ride) to the nearest shopping mall (Katong I12). This area are filled with shophouses which has alot to offer (e.g. cafes, pubs, foot massage, etc.). And though it's situated near the main road, you do not really hear any noise.
Price
$80 for a night is reasonable as other hotels in the same area usually cost more.

Perfect for overnight stays and 1-2 days stopover with minimum baggage!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we at Le Peranakan Hotel greatly appreciate it.

Indeed our hotel is ideal for staycations of a night or two. With many nearby eateries, couple of shopping malls and a recreational park (East Coast Park), it makes for an enjoyable staycation.

We hope you stay with us at Le Peranakan Hotel again and try out our Superior or Deluxe rooms which are much larger rooms.

+65 9668 4770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Staying at this decent little hotel is a good option if you just need a clean bed and bathroom in Singapore. Although the rooms are quite small they are comfortable, a closet with clothes hangers, washcream dispenser in the bathroom, tv, water kettle with instant coffee/milk tea are provided. No food (breakfast or other) but there is plenty of that around in the close vicinity of the hotel. The location is perfect, close to the airport but within easy reach of the city by the many buses passing by. Also, shopping around the East Coast area is very good, walking distance or just a few stops by bus. My room was bordering the terrace where I could relax or sit at the table with my pc using the free Wi-fi facility. I really enjoyed my stay here and the friendly front desk staff, especially Alex and Allan were very helpful. I will certainly recommend this hotel to solo travellers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mariska,

Thank you so much for your kind review. The hotel team especially Alex & Allan are motivated to provide better customer service because of your kind words. They sincerely look forward to your next stay with us.

Yes indeed our Terrace Rooms are the hot favorite for our regular guests and you were lucky to have gotten the room as it usually gets booked in advance. One of the best features of the terrace are the waterfall feature that is simply beautiful in the evening when its lighted up.

Velden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

As everything is Singapore the hotel is small just like its rooms.
Rooms are ok for solo travellers but can be small for couples.
The hotel is only 10 minutes drive from the airport. And located next to Italian restaurant
and on the opposite side is a micro brewery located which has delicious beers and good food.

The beds are ok and the rooms are equipped with airco, mini-bar.
My room didnt have a window and was a humid. Staff are ok, I asked to arrange a taxi but i seemed like they were not really interested to help.

Hotel is ok for overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I highly recommend that you try out our much larger superior or deluxe rooms for your next stay with us.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service on our part in regards to the booking of a taxi, I will train the staff better in this area.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked this place as an alternative to spending 24 hours at Changi Airport on an unexpected stopover in Singapore. (The airport transit hotels were fully booked.) We booked based on proximity to the airport and the price. Hotels in Singapore are pricey, but this one is a bit overpriced for what it offers.

The rooms are extremely small. In fact, they are even smaller than they appear in the photos. The amenities are few. We had a hot pot, two bottles of water, two 3-in-1 packets of coffee and tea each, liquid soap dispenser in the shower, and a hairdryer. The shower/toilet is a marvel of space engineering, but is not suitable for big people. The staff were not user friendly--not at all as professional looking as the models in the photos. The daytime staffer couldn't be bothered to unplug his earbud or even rise from his chair to attend to business.

Nonetheless the room was clean enough. The a/c worked adequately. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were clean. There were plenty of places nearby to get a late night bite to eat and something in the morning.

It is good enough for one night and if you want to be near the airport. We probably wouldn't stay here on a planned visit to Singapore although I like the neighborhood.

Room Tip: My impression is that there is no way you are going to get anything you ask for. While we were check...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Sara,

My sincere apologies that we were not able to meet up to your expected level of service. I will retrain the staff that served you and make sure that this lack of service is not repeated on the next guest.

Thank you for your kind comments on the room cleanliness, indeed we make sure rooms are cleaned properly and are checked on a daily basis.

I do hope you consider staying with us again, feel free to drop me an email Kevin@Leperanakanhotel.com if you wish to make a booking and I will make sure you will not regret the second visit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days n 3 nights. Worst experience ever. You can't hardly move in the tiny room.

No room to walk, pray and etc. For sleep only is ok.

The remote control batt is weak and takes hours for them to change it.

Some of the worker is unfriendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear rredrumm,

First and foremost, please allow me to apologize for the discomfort you have experienced during your stay at Le Peranakan Hotel.

Indeed most of our standard rooms are small, but we also have larger rooms which are of the Superior and Deluxe categories which I believe may meet your expectation for a good hotel room size.

I apologize for the delay in the remote control battery change as we usually only have 1 staff on duty and at times there may be many guests to serve at a time.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we will train the staff more to improve on their service standard.

Feel free to email me at Kevin@Leperanakanhotel.com if you wish to make a booking and I will personally make arrangements for your next stay to be very comfortable.

Warmest Regards,
Babylon, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Found this hotel through some internet searching and trip advisor. I needed a place close to the airport and near the city for sightseeing.

The location: 15 minutes by cab to the airport and 15-20 minutes to downtown (Singapore flyer, etc) by cab. Near bus lines, but a farther walk to a subway line. Near the beach by a longer walk- 20 min or so. Near a few shops, gas station, cafe next door.

The room: Got settled into our room earlier than expected as the former guests in our room checked out early and they were able to clean it quickly for us. Our room was on the second floor of the main buliding- apparently they have two locations on the same block, ours had the front desk and a very small lobby area. After getting our room card (no key, a card) we went up to check out our room. We opted for a windowless room- hey it's cheaper, and who's really going to be spending time in the room in Singapore? It was a very small room, I'd say about 12' x 12' for the main bedroom, with an attached bathroom- shower, sink, and toliet. It did however have a skylight in the bathroom which did allow for natural light.

We noticed that the room wasn't as clean as we would have liked, I'm hoping it is just because of the quick turn around of the room. There was hair on the bed and on the shower walls, we opted to wear slippers that we had brought just in case. The cups in the cabinet near the bed were used and not cleaned- yuck!

The room itself was a bit dated, old maroon carpet that desperately needed replacing and walls that could have used paint a few years ago. The bathroom, however was in fair shape. Fixtures were fairly modern and everything worked well.

I found it odd that they asked for a $50 CASH deposit upon arrival, though they didnt care which currency it was in. I gave them US and made sure I got it back when I left - checked the bills also, you never know!

Would I stay here again: I might spring for a slightly nicer room at a larger hotel. But if I was on a tight budget, and needed to just stay for the day- which we did in this case, then yea, I might stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor of the main building (one with the lobby) was nice and quiet. Didn't r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Knicki,

Thank you for your review, indeed we have better rooms available, I would recommend the deluxe rooms as they are around twice the size of the room you stayed in with large windows looking into the street. We look forward to your next visit as we also have improved on our level of service and room cleanliness.

Jakarta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights, and got tight sleeps. The room is clean, the bed is comfortable, the environment is quiet, the WiFi access is poor. Don't expect more facilities: no amenity, no safe box, no cable TV, no Internet access. Especially at night, expect to see hotel staff with absolutely no willing to help. The hotel is quite far for any MRT station. Taxi is easy to get, before 7am; but after 8am, you'll need a luck to stop one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kuncoro,

Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves in the quality of the beds we provide as we know that the basic need of sleep must be met at our hotel. We have looked into the wireless connection problem months back and have upgraded to a better system with dedicated connection for each hotel guest. I'm sure that if you stay with us again, you will not be disappointed.

Kevin Boon

Been to Le Peranakan Hotel? Share your experiences!