“Singapore's best steak” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bedrock Bar and Grill

Bedrock Bar and Grill
96 Somerset Road | # 01-05 Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, Orchard, Singapore 238163, Singapore
+65 6238 0054
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #384 of 7,379 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Private Dining
Description: Built on a philosophy of preparing classic dishes through wood grilling and smoking, Bedrock is a modern steakhouse famed for its USA Prime Dry-Aged Tenderloin and signature 400 days grain fed Wagyu Tomahawk steak.
Mumbai
“Singapore's best steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

To cut a long review short, the steak here is far better than at Mortons , which is pretty much the gold standard, for many, in Singapore.
I ordered the tenderloin,medium rare and my review is based on that.
The complimentary flat bread , which in reality is a small Indian 'Naan", is baked fresh and served hot with a whole steamed garlic is quite unusual and delicious.No the garlic is not smelly ;~)
The service is friendly and the restaurant has a nice wooden feel.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
London
“Decent steak - pricey but this is Singapore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Was in the mood for a nice steak - ala Gaucho Grill type found in London. I think Bedrock comes closest but even Bedrock is way pricier.

Location:
Right in the hear of Singapore in the 313 Somerset Mall. The address mentions Pan Pacific Suites but in reality, its just in the mall area next to the Marche. Easy to find.

Atmosphere:
Went there on Wednesday night for dinner. Was rather quiet. I reckon it was slightly less than half full so it was good for conversations. Personally I dont think the tables were that crammed together. Nice set up and would be good for dates, romantic evenings or even groups.

Food:
Its a steak restaurant and I do like the simplicity of the menu. Grills grills and more grills. Had to Aussie Ribeye which coming in at 400g did fill me up. I asked for Medium and it was cook right. I had to order the sauce separately and was disappointed to find only 5 choices and that didnt include the peppercorn sauce. Opted for the french mustard which to me was only ok. My dining half had the Bedrock pepper steak which came with a delicious pepper sauce.

We ordered creamed spinach and duck fat potatoes. Have to say, sides were disappointing. The creamed spinach was too sweet somehow and the duck potatoes were not sufficiently roasted and not seasoned.

Service:
Was very good but felt that it was way overattentive. Barely had we sat down with the menu for less than 2 mins when we were asked if we were ready to order drinks.

Drinks:
Good selection of drinks - cocktails and wines by the bottle. Disppointing was the limited choices for wine by the glass.

The damage:
Meal for two including steaks, sides, drinks, service but no starter hit around S$250 (£130) to the wallet.

Final recommendation:
Overall, prices are expensive but not much more for "fine dining" type establishments in Singapore. I would not mind trying it again when I am in the mood for a nice grill.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Male
“great food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've been there for lunch a few times now, the atmosphere is excellent and the staff have always been very attentive and very friendly. More so than most similar type restaurants around.

Ive tried the steaks and also the set menu. Whereas the steak is certainly not cheap, the overall 'steak' experience I would say is better than Mortons. The lunch set-menu however is very well priced and a definite must try. If you are not entirely sure what you want to try, definitely go for one of the set lunch options - you would not be dissapointed.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tokyo, Japan
“Our choice when we want good steak, good service and not mind spending!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and i have gone here few times, each time we have a good meal! If you don't mind spending, you can get a wonderful steak and the service has been friendly and attentive so far. (Something that is becoming rare in non hotel operated restuarants in Singapore..) I also tried their tuna steak, which was excellent. But Bedrock is for Steaks afterall. They have great Onion Rings too! It has a good mix of crowds - Locals, expats, families, friends, couples, business. If you are looking for steak and have not tried this place yet in Singapore, it is worth checking out for yourself!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore
“Good steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I felt like a good steak and I got it at Bedrock. However, like so many 'western' restauarants in Singapore, it was expensive, over S$400 for two with one 'cheap' bottle of wine. I wasn't impressed with the duck fat potatoes, they tasted just like basic roast potatoes to me, and not even particularly good ones at that and the rocket and parmesan salad was just leaves and shaved parmesan. We felt like an extra glass of wine at the end of the meal and were offered a taste of their 'wine of the month' in advance of buying a glass (@ S$30). Thank goodness we did, as the bottle had been open for ages and the wine was completely stale - a shame as it had ruined what would otherwise have been a lovely barbera d'asti.

Visited July 2012