“Good choice!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tai Hoe

You added Tai Hoe to your Saves list
Tai Hoe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   163 Kitchener Road, Singapore 208538, Singapore (Little India)   |
Special Deal
Bed, breakfast, wifi
Ranked #102 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
“Good choice!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place is across to the mall and lots of restaurants. It's super easy to find a good and cheap food around here. The place located around shopping mall. I love how simple of this place ,and their services is good also. Tai Hoe is totally convenience for me!!! (This is not expensive at all if compare with other hotels)

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cliff G, Guest Relations Manager at Tai Hoe, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Maxinattapol,
Thank you for taking the time to write so warmly about us. In your short message, you basically encapsulate everything that many guests appreciate about our hotel - great location for food and shopping and pleasant rooms and service to go with it. We hope we will be able to meet your expectations the next time you come to Singapore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I must say that most hotel in Singapore are expensive. Especially if I compare with the hotel in my country Indonesia. But I found 1 great budget hotel named Tai Hoe in kitchener road. I was stay in this hotel twice.
Tai Hoe is the perfect hotel for budget traveler and shopper. If you want to go shopping in Mustafa Center (well known 24 hour shopping place) then this hotel is the right one. Mustafa's is located only 100 meter from this hotel.
The hotel also can reach by MRT from Farrer Park Station. Across the hotel you can also go to City Mall. There is a lot of option of food in the mall (my favorite is BURGER KING ^_^)
Of course you can not expect spacious, luxurious or fancy room in this hotel, esp if you in Indonesia your money worth to buy a better room. But I am satisfied with the service of this hotel. I thing this is worth for your money while you in Singapore.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cliff G, Guest Relations Manager at Tai Hoe, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Buzzy,

We really enjoyed reading your review about us! While we have such a diverse selection of food around the area, it is not uncommon sometimes that guests stick to the safe option of burger and fries. We are a budget hotel operating in the expensive city of Singapore and while our prices may not be suitable everyone's budget, we try to deliver a true hospitable service and cozy, clean rooms in a good location. We are glad to have been able to meet your expectations and we look forward to hosting you again in our hotel.
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was so enchanted with this budget hotel for their convenient . Worth for your money ! The room so clean yet so simple. Popular places could be reach in a distance by MRT . I am from Malaysia, I would so glad to met one of the Malaysian staff there being so nice and helpful during my stay. It feels more than a home . I will surely recommended to my Malaysian clicks .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Miss Lovely T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review. The staff is delighted to have been able to meet your expectations, especially the ones that spoke so warmly about. The food around our hotel has always been a highlight for our guests. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the varieties of food and enjoy yourself. It will be great to host you again on your next trip to Singapore.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We wanted a relatively budget place and Tai Hoe appears to strike the right balance between meeting our accommodation expectations and budget. There’s nothing fanciful about the hotel but the staff exuded the kind of warmth which makes up for more than having a grand lobby. We just came from Bangkok with all our shopping and someone offered to take all the bags to our room.
The hotel has just been refurnished and we were given the same room we booked on the hotel’s webpage. Obviously, more space would have been good but we have stayed in other budget hotels and we didn’t feel there was a cause for complaint. The area is a veritable feast for exploration. There are Indian curries, Mustafa (a 24 hour shopping complex), and many other eateries which our hosts took us to like Hillman Restaurant, the French bistro, and the pork rib soup noodles just behind the hotel. The male receptionist tried to direct us to Sim Lim, an electronics mecca, but we got lost and ended up taking a 5 min taxi ride. That said, the location of the hotel is excellent for most of what you’d need to do in Singapore.
It was a lovely stay overall. The room was clean enough and the service beats any budget hotel’s service I’ve experienced in Singapore.

Room Tip: Booking through the hotel website gets you complimentary WIFI apparently. I’m not sure if there is a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cliff G, Guest Relations Manager at Tai Hoe, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Cronos,

Thank you for taking the time to write so warmly about us. We are always delighted to know that we managed to perform our duties well enough for a guest such as you to enjoy your time in Singapore. We are quite sure however that you have not exhausted all the food and shopping options on your trip here. We will be looking forward to hosting you again in Singapore.

Have a great year ahead.

Yours sincerely,
Cliff Gay
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I always go to Tai Hoe hotel every times I visits Singapore. If you are looking for budget hotel in central, I would recommended Tai Hoe Hotel.

The hotel is very near to Ferrer Park MRT and shopping centre ( Musafa and Big shopping mall which i cant remember the name)
Staffs are friendly and helpful and affortable price for long stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Vicky,

We trust you have been well. Thank you for a generous review. It is our pleasure to host you each time you come to Singapore. I trust you managed to enjoy yourself in Hanoi and Manila as well.

Anyway, we look forward to hosting you again on your future trips to Singapore. Have a great year ahead.
Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Me my wife and my brother stayed at Tai Hoe from 15 to 18 of oct and i must say it is a budget hotel but a real nice and comfy one.As there were three of us we opted for the family room with three beds. The rooms are nice and clean but could do with a little more room to walk around or put our luggage,It never felt cramped at anytime .One important bit is that make sure to get rooms with a window that makes it even brighter and less stuffy.The bathrooms are clean ,well done up and theres enough hot water.you have WIFI available in the rooms on payment.The location is another thing which really works for this hotel, in little india bang behind Mustafa shopping center you will never be out of options to spend your time , shop and eat.There is a nice small Tv in the room with the basic local channels but could do with a bigger one .Now to the amusing part (s) you get your Tv remote control when you check in at the reception and have to hand it over when you check out, there is coffe and tea making facilities as in you are given mugs,coffe tea sachets but .... no hot water kettle or jug . The hot water dispenser is out in the alleyway and one has to go back and forth to get hot water for your drink.well at first i was amused later not so much .The beds have wheels under them so it keeps sliding off position once in a while and dont be surprised if you find your self on the other end of the room in the morning, the kids will love it im sure ,dint bother us thought.The receptionist were polite and always help full ,even let us keep our luggage in the cloak room for a few hours.The rooms are cozy and quite and the house keeping does a good job,I would have given better rating if it wasent for the hot water and a big fat cockroach that i found in my room on the last day . Over all its a great place to stay in little india.Well worth your money and great standards for a budget hotel

Room Tip: Pick a room with a Window ...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in Tai Hoe with my husband and my dad. The first day I arrived earlier, and during check in I inform to receptionist that my family will come later. The receptionist is a nice young guy, courteous and helpful. After checking in for my family, he called the room few minutes later to assure if my family have been well get into the room.
Another help is from the housekeeping guy. I was forgot to return remote control of TV and AC when I check out. Rather than to help by coordinating with her walkie- talkie on hand, the lady at receptionist asking me to go upstairs to 6th floors to take them back. Glad that housekeeping guy I met in front of elevator has took them and give to me. He knows my room number and aware that I forgot to return back the remotes.
The housekeeping guy just simply helped me and making things easier for the guests.
Well... clean room, clean bathroom, soap, powerful spray, clean towel, coffee-tea making facilities, complimentary water, hot water refill, refrigerator, clean linen, TV with limited channels, terrific location with MRT station right across the hotel, even in rainy days like now is still convenient because you can go through City Square Mall. Overall is value for money in pricey Singapore.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tai Hoe? Share your experiences!