“Average only” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Court

Pine Court
333 Orchard Road, Singapore, Singapore (Orchard Road)
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,353 of 7,382 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Average only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Locate on 35th floor of the hotel expect to get a better view, but not as good as I expected for a five star hotel. The hotel should renovate the exterior make it only glass panel so the diners could enjoy the orchard view.
The service staff was attentive, it was full house during lunch time, probably because of a be group being booked by the guest.
The food were average, tried their dim dum second time. Timing were just nice.
Nothing special that wow me. Just a normal Chinese restaurant for me.

Singapore
“Disappointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I took advantage of a recent Groupon dining deal (paid $30 for $60 value) for Mandarin Court Restaurant, located on level 35 of Mandarin Orchard Hotel. The lift lobby to the restaurant is located at Mandarin Gallery, a shopping centre next to the hotel. This is our first dining experience at Mandarin Court and we were looking forward to enjoying it!

We arrived at noon and a few tables were already occupied. Although I made table reservation 2 days in advance, I did not offer any information that I am using a Groupon deal and was surprised that after placing our order, the service staff asked me for my Groupon voucher. We ordered a plate of deep fried salt & pepper cuttlefish, half roasted chicken, scallop dumplings, mini lotus leaf rice & 2 bowls of sharks fin dumplings.

Service was attentive and tea was topped up as soon as our cup is empty. Top marks for service!

The first dish to arrive was the cuttlefish dish (garnished with carrot strips and fried garlic) and that was quite good. Next dish was the mini lotus leaf rice (serving of 3 @ S$5.70) and having eaten this regularly at Tung Lok & Crystal Jade Restaurants, this was clearly the most disappointing as it was lacking in taste and flavour! The scallop dumplings (serving of 3 at S$5.70) certainly looked very appetising but it was not the case, taste-wise. Next was the half roasted chicken, though meaty and big serving, fared slightly better.

I have always enjoyed eating sharks fin dumpling at our favourite restaurant @ Central and was hoping that this final dish would be a saving grace. When the dish was served, the dumpling soup does not look like the clear superior stock it is usually served in, but it looked like a dumpling floating in pumpkin soup. The soup tasted like chicken lard and has a strong fishy taste, and after 2 spoonfuls, I could not continue eating it. I highlighted to the service staff that the soup tasted awful and they offered to change a new bowl for both of us. We declined and they graciously offered not to charge us for the 2 bowls.

Our meal costs $68.85. It was one of my most disappointing dining experience in Singapore and I will not patronise this restaurant again. :(

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The food is quite disappointing... I'd expected the food to be more imaginative and of better quality. And it is pricey! I think there are better chinese fine dining places around Orchard Road that will give you better value for money.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“Chinese Restaurant at Mandarin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Nice restaurant with good Chinese food and stunning view

Visited October 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Good but poor value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The food quality is generally good but for the money, it is not my go-to place when I want high quality Chinese cuisine.