“i'll be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #193 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“i'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

i would give 5 star for this hostel, every went to Singapore, i would like to back to stay to this hostel, it very clean, and cheap, all the room and especiality bathroom is clean for my standar. and i really like the environment in here. if your minded just need a place to sleep, you can get more than that. Free to use internet in computer they already give, have a free breakfast, and free to use all their fasility like wasing machine, refrigerator, microwave if you need to cook some thing.
The loacation is very strategic, near MRT station, near Bugis Junction where you can buy a very cheap thing, like a souvenir or any else. but for me, the most important is near fastfood subway (my favorite place for breakfast).
and in behind of this hostel, you can find a many restaurant, especially arabian food. cool!!!!
And i have very please that they provide me many brochure in front desk for us, as an tourist, it really help me so.
and since there are many guest from Indonesia stay at there, we can very easy to book and put downpayment since they have an bank account of Indonesia local bank.

that thing make all thing feel so completely.

Room Tip: since this hostel always full, i suggest you to book it earlier from your trip day.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights from March 24. The hostel was really well known among Indonesian backpackers, so we decided to try. We booked a room for two (with common shower and toilet) and paid for about 60 SGD/pax. The rate includes blanket and towel. The room was about 2x3 m, with bunk bed and locker. I think the room was also functioned as a storage since our room has a small space. It was packed with old mattresses.

Since our room is next to the receptionist, it is quite noisy. I'm so shocked to find some baby cockroaches running easily in our room. The common bathroom near the basin/ironing area was very small. It was hard to close the door with ease. My suggestion, use the bathroom near the pantry. It is bigger. The jet spray in all toilets lost its head. And one of my discomfort was the stinky toilet. I wish they would pay attention to the cleanliness.

I got my laundry done with 10 SGD/3 kgs. It was only for washing. It is quite new experience for me since in Indonesia, doing laundry means we got our clothes ironed as well.

Despite all the experience, the hostel located perfectly in a busy yet serene area of jl. Kubor. I prefer to use buses everywhere instead of MRT since it was quite far (about 15 minutes to walk). There were nice cafes, minimart and spa around the hostel. The receptionist lady was really helpful too. It was ok, but i'm not interested to go back again. Might try another hostel next time.

Room Tip: for common shower, use the one next to the pantry. do mind that the jet spray is not working well in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pekanbaru, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was booking the hostel thru email; and booked for a room for three with bathroom attached to the room. I was specifically say that we will travel of 2 adults and one child of 5 year old. They've explain the room charges; and I've paid down payment for 2 nights stay (March 27th - 29th, 2013).

When we checking in, they just realize that my daughter is indeed 5 years old! and request me to pay for an extra charges for her! When I showed the receptionist the confirmation email; along with the detail of all the guests; they say "ooopsss...I guess they (who?) made a mistake". Anyway, I paid the additional charges.
But the torture wasn't end there.

When we enter the room; you can sense the humidity in the air. When you step on the room floor; it leave watermark as the room had been wet all day long. You can sniff the smell of "bad" air just by walk into the room. The ceiling left traces of leakage. The attached bathroom wasn't equip with proper exhaust; and there's no ventilation. I guess the humidity from the bathroom come right into the room; that causing the bad air.

The bad air finally caught our daughter; she barely can breath that night; and finally able to fall a sleep at 2 AM; after throwing up and let all the mucus blocking her respiratory. The bad air just gave her a severe allergic reaction that causing her body to produce mucus that blocking her respiratory.

I come to the receptionist in morning; and explain the situation. They didn't offer me a room change; so I assume all rooms are as humid as the one we occupied. So I was cancelling my reservation for the other one night; that I had paid up in front (along with additional charges the made for my daughter; that they forget to tell). However; they say no refund can be made; as they are non refundable - no matter what the circumstance.

So we end up paying Sing $ 92 for un-used one night stay; I hope the hostel can make a good use of our money; and invest it into an exhaust fan! On for that amount of money; you can find a lot more better place in Singapore.

So we leave the hostel that morning; and stroll our bag for another place to stay; which is quite hard to find; as we came in Easter weekend to Singapore. But I'd rather strolling around Singapore finding another place to stay; rather than staying one more night in ABS Hostel.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sanur, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is okay, I suppose. The plus would be its location,cause it's close to the Bugis MRT and near a bus stop so if you're tored of walking you can just hop on the bus for a short distance ( i got a singapore tourist pass so i just took the bus from thestation to here to avoid walking and using the pass as much as i could ). They provide complete facilities from hair dryer to iron ( so you can definitely handle that crumple on your dress like I did) which was great for me. The owner and the staff were really helpful. I tried to get the doubleroom but theyare all booked already soI stayed in the 6-bed dorm which was okay except for a caseof wet towel cause there was nowhere to hang it. Don't forget to bring your own lock so you can use the locker under the bed, or the bigger one outside to store your stuff and keep them safe. The breakfast is average just bread and toast with jam and butter plus coffee or tea, i mean with 20 bucks per night, i suppose they're acceptable. But there's a fridge that you can keep your stuff in as long as you put your lable on it. My advice is to just book it online first so you know your option

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is terrible, I can't believe people actually like it, hundreds of flies in the showers, noisy dorm right in front of the office and right beside the outdoor kitchen/smoke pit. Pay the extra few dollars and go elsewhere

• Stayed February 2013
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It's my first stay at ABC Hostel and my fw times of my visit to Singapore.
I always different hostel in my each visit to Singapore and ABC was a great decision to stay with my Hubby's big family :)
Zeny who dealt with me and the other staff and the owner also was so helpful and friendly.
We found everything we need by asking all the staff there.
The hostel is so clean and tidy.
The most important is the location is very good, very close to Bugis so we can go anywhere easily.
We surely recommend this hostel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

this is my First Time Stay in ABC Hostel and my 2nd time go to Singapore. ABC Hostel is Closed with Bugis MRT (5 Minute) and Bugis Junction and Market. The Room is so Small but the Air Conditioner is Cold for me:) . The Breakfast is Standard.

If you a Budget Traveller, you can stay here:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to ABC Hostel? Share your experiences!