“The room was ok, but...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #105 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The room was ok, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The bed is as hard as a wooden floor! I can't sleep very well during my stay there..

Also:
- The location was very far from MRT and the bus route is confusing too
- No concierge or anyone who could help me bring my luggage or in my case, my Ikea cupboard from the lobby to the room and when I checked out and bring to my taxi. Thank you for the nice man from the reception who helped me once
- During the first night, there was a cleaning service lady (?) who opened the door while I was inside the room
- On the second night, there was a fire alarm very early in the morning blaring over and over and over again, which happened to be the electricity error -- but the announcement was blaring everywhere for 15 minutes. In the morning. Not nice.
- They don't serve breakfast -- but there's a new food market few minutes away

The good point is: I got a room with a window

Am I gonna go back to this hotel the next time I go to Singapore? Definitely NOT.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time I stayed at this hotel. The room was small but efisien, everything you need is there, and on reach. Simple, clean, and modern. It's like your own studio apartment. I only stayed for 3 days, I wish I had more time to explore Singapore while staying here. The location is good, not too crowded, but you can easily go everywhere you want to go. The staff was very helpful and friendly. At that time I stayed there, the main lobby was in renovation, so there's no bar or cafe when my friends visited me there, so we must go somewhere else to chat. The price compare to any other hotels on the same street, I think aqueen has the best price and it's worthed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Kumilkriwil,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Your comments are an inspiration to the Aqueen Balestier Hotel team and we will relay your positive comments to all of them.

Thank you for choosing Aqueen Balestier Hotel as your lodging of choice and we are look forward to have you again.

customercare@aqueenhotels.com
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have 3 nights stayed in Aqueen Balestier. And yes I love it. Clean, modern,very convenient to get around, there is a new food court just open a few block from hotel. For me over all is ok, located near Orchard. We have to take a bus, but very easy and cheap. I don't have to walk far, because the bus stop its in front of hotel. Only SGD. 1.10. for bus fare , and Taxi SGD. 6.00 - 8.00. The room is small, so I don't have to walk far to get somethin I need :) It's free wi-fi. The receptions was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner is nice but a bit noise from the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Risa,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very glad that you were able to use the location of the hotel to your advantage and we appreciate the compliments on our rooms and the staff.

It was our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you again for your future travel needs.

customercare@aqueenhotels.com
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hello, I have visited this hotel again!. This time I booked a superior room which did have more space.. The room was clean and had all the things you need: good bed, fast internet and clean shower/bathroom.

This hotel isn't luxury but for expensive Singpore its a good budget comprimise.. Taxi's are relatively cheap in Singapore and easy to flag down from the road... So you can travel from here to all key areas of Singapore..

The only downside to this hotel is the lack of breakfast and the lobby isn't so inviting.. (It wouldn't impress business clients, so the cafe/bar needs revising...)

Room Tip: pay slightly more for a superior room, with a few meters more space!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I have 2 nights stay in aqueen balestier hotel in queens bed which is no windows on singapore formlula one race 21st -23rd. Firstly i thought we can walk to hotel from toa payoh mrt station thru google map. Who knows we walk an hour still cant get thru,then just get a cab on road side which is only take 5 minutes to arrive.

Friendly staff which is already know my name when i walk in. And lead us that take 145 bus from hotel to mrt station after fast check in on 2.30pm something.

The room is small than i though.just a liltle bit smelly which is normal for no windows room. Confortable pillow and queens bed. With full amenities and coffee and tea in room.

Only one of the problem which is the housekeeping didnt change the bed sheet on the second night we stay.

Overall is good. For the refference to the others guest to stay in aqueen balestier, better take cab if you are carry big baggage or heavy backpack.

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

As a mature couple we wanted somewhere clean, comfortable and reasonably priced for a Singapore stopover - not too far from the airport either. Aqueen foyer was clean and modern and the reception was friendly and helpful - gave us a map and directions for public transport to Chinatown that were very easy to follow (bus stop opposite hotel). Although there was plenty to choose from close to Aqueen we had a cheap and tasty meal in the Chinatown hawker's market and wandered the night market there before taking train and short bus ride back to Aqueen. Bathroom is very small by Austraian standards and frosted glass panel is all that's between you and the bed - nonetheless it was clean and with a hot shower. A comfy bed and kettle with complimentary tea bags too (no milk though - just coffee whitener). Public taxi was under $20 each way to/from airport - and less than 30 mins, maybe longer in peak hour though. Overall a good choice for a stopover with limited time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel rooms are clean,comfortable & compact.Check in & out is quick.It has good connectivity by bus or by metro to tourist spots in Singapore.There are quite a few eateries
nearby.All in all good value for money in a expensive country like Singapore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Kartik,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of Aqueen Hotel Balestier.

We are glad that you liked our location, service, and rooms. Your feedback serves as an inspiration for us to strive harder in meeting all our guests’ needs and expectations.

Aqueen Hotel Management Team

Been to Aqueen Hotel Balestier? Share your experiences!