“Best value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 305 Hotels in Singapore
Koh Samui
“Best value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok the rooms are small but that's not the reason you ll be staying here.
This place is in a great location that offers a true view of Singapore.
Next to the best chicken rice restaurants and Novena station you ll be in Marina Bay or the Zoo or anywhere else in no time.
Fast check in /out and cool staff plus very clean room.
Will stay there again if I travel alone like this time . If you are with the Mrs check if she is cool with space .Planning to be out most if the time?book it .

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Akis V
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Evangelos,

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay in our hotel.

We are glad to know that you appreciate our hotel’s location. It is our commitment to provide our guest a memorable experience and we are happy to accommodate your needs.

It’s been a great pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again on your future travels.

Warm Regards,

Aqueen Hotel Management Team

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff are polite and helpful; the hotel itself is a short bus ride from the underground station, and the bus stop is very close to the hotel. The rooms are small but well-designed and clean. I've stayed 3 times. It's good value for money and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

this hotel is a great place for the budget. Have stayed here twice in 1 year on short business trips. Rooms are not too big but good priced for Singapore. The location is a bit off the center but all can be easily reached by MRT. Food outlets and food court are just a few meters away. The breakfast buffet is good:)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Trafalgar, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

All the staff extremely friendly, helpful and eager to please. Everything is very clean and in good condition. Close to many eateries, convenience store and bus stop. Novena station 20min walk away or short bus ride. Comfortable lounge and veranda for use by guests. I will certainly stay there again on my next trip to Singapore. Excellent value for money.
The single room was compact, well designed with adequate packing space. Shower in toilet was different, but easy to use - just put bathmat on the floor afterwards.
A fridge would be handy for cold water/milk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lincoln, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights at the end of a trip to SIngapore and Malaysia. I was alone but the presence of two cups and two glasses in my room suggests that I had a double room. Thank goodness I didn't have to share it as it was pretty much the smallest room I've ever been in. It's pretty well designed, for a tiny room, but once I'd opened my suitcase there was pretty much no floor space left and there's not enough storage space in the room to unpack one suitcase, let alone two, so I have no idea how people use this space if they are travelling as a couple. I am only 5'6'' and my feet were hanging off the end of the bed. Tiny.

OK, the positives - the staff are brilliant! Soooooo, helpful. I emailed a few days before I arrived, asking for public transport directions and got a fantastically detailed reply that got me there with no trouble at all. Whilst I was staying at the hotel I used buses to get everywhere, which I absolutely could not have done without the help of the staff (buses in Singapore are reliable and cheap but finding out which ones go where is practically impossible). The room was clean and the wifi worked perfectly on my 'phone (though was weirdly temperamental on my laptop).

The location's not the greatest if you are a tourist, but if you are happy getting on the bus then it's perfectly fine - I would stay there again - and in fact it's quite nice to feel like you're staying in a proper neighbourhood rather than in tourist central. It's almost directly opposite a cinema, which I went to on my last night, which was rather nice too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I frequently visit this Aqueen Hotel Balestier. The reasons are 1)good price tag 2)clealiness of the room 3) good facilities(having in-room-safe, free wifi) for this class of hotel. But the location is just good, not the best choice if you are 1st-time stayer in Singapore. The only drawback I can't satisfy is not having a mini-fridege in a room. It's a must-have item for this mid-class hotel.

Totally, I can recommend this Aqueen Hotel Balestier if you looking a good budget class hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited Singapore from 13th to 17th Aug and stayed at this place. it was a very nce experience staying at the hotel. its location is very good, near to little India as well as to the city. the Lavender food court is across the street. other important landmarks like MRT station, flyer and Marina Bay sands are 10 mins by cab. it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family