“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #118 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I read the reviews before I booked this place - people said the rooms were smaller than expected so that came as no surprise to me, and that the rooms smell of curry - which it did.

The room size was not an issue for me and the curry smell goes once you put the aircon on.

The staff were very very helpful. I was travelling on my own in Singapore and they helped me out at all times - they were faultless.

The hotel is clean and in a very good location - it can be a bit noisy at times.

I do recommend staying here - just keep in mind that the rooms are on the small side.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel Little India, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review. We are extremely pleased to know that our team provided a prompt and attentive services that made your stay memorable. In fact, there are some guests commented that you do not need to go to New Delhi to see India. However, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here and we look forward to having you back at Santa Grand!

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel is Situated on a loud and untidy street surrounded by restaurants.Our room was very small hardly any space to move around,the window was sealed.No air.Bathroom toilet seat and adjoining floor gets wet after every shower.Our room number 207 had very poor wi fi connection.We couldn't use the internet at all.When we informed the management,the receptionist asked me to log in from the corridor about 5-10 meters away from the room. :(

The first night aircondition was not working at all.informed the management and they used a blank white card and was very good.When we used our card (with the key)it was not working.Had to complain again and the receptionist did some thing in the system (I was watching)and gave me the white blank card (I insisted for their card) which was alright .I guess they are controlling the air condition from down.
The location is good,close to MRT,Musthafa,a big credit should go to Jane pane who is very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel Little India, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and like the hotel's location. As well, your valuable compliment on Jane has been passed on to management to recognize her effort.

We appreciate your feedback, we have since rectified the wifi issue and seeking for a better solution to ensure our guest can enjoy a fast and smooth wifi connection. As regards the air-condition, please allow us to clarify that our front desk staffs are unable to control the air-condition in the rooms. However, our technician has been notified and looking at improvement on the areas concerned.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to have a chance to host you again.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was here on work related business. Stayed here for 8 nights in June. Was on a budget due to other overseas travel committments. The hotel itself is very clean, nice and tidy for the price. Staff are well mannered and friendly. Located in the middle of LIttle India means that I would recommend it for adults 18+ and short stay of about 1-2 days for families with kids ages 5+ if on a budget. I would stay here again with my wife.

Room Tip: Clean rooms. Easy access to Bus and MRT services. Plenty of Taxi's and food services available...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel Little India, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recommending us! We are extremely pleased to know that our team provided a prompt and attentive service that made your stay memorable. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Virudhunagar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked for 3 nights at this hotel. The location was hard to find by the cab drivers (Please tell cab drivers the hotel is at Veerasamy road end - connecting to serangoon road). The check-in was excellent. The room I booked was under renovation so they moved me to superior double at no extra cost and it was quick. Express quick. It took less than 5 minutes.

The room was small. Hardly any space for me to move around. The washroom was good. No complaints. The TV had very limited channels. The cot bit hard to sleep, but I was so tired every night that I didnt mind. There is only one charging point which might be a hassle if there are more than one staying. The toiletries & other other accessories were adequate (keep in mind its budget hotel!). The room has non-openable window.

The location is very good for Indians. About 2 mins walk to MRT and 5 mins to Mustafa. Just opposite is bus stop to Novena / Orchard. But be advised on weekends Little is too crowded that you feel you are actually in India. It means getting a Cab is not at all possible, and noisy! On check out day (early in morning), I couldnt find cab on Serangoon road so had to call up. It was surprising.

The wi-fi was good and mostly quick. I could connect my phone and laptop at same time which I couldnt in other hotels I stayed at singapore last time.

Overall, its very good for a hotel for price it charges. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recommending us! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your positive comments to the team. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights. Wi Fi connectivity is not there in room no.209. Then the management changed it to Room No.202. The connectivity is good in Room No.202. There could be one supporting staff for any help required by the guests. The air conditioning was posing a problem during my stay and then after my complaint they took all measures to rectify it immediately. A very customer friendly hotel which could be recommended to others. Location wise it is excellent as it is very close to MRT, Mustafa, South Indian Temples and Quality Restaurants.

Room Tip: Good Value for money. The room size is very small. Overall rating is very good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to know that our team provided a prompt and attentive service that made your stay memorable. As regards our internet connection, we have since rectified the issue and seeking for better solution to ensure our guest can enjoy a fast and smooth wifi connection.Thank you again for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you back at Santa Grand!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed one night. Great location, excellent value for money. I had a room on 2nd floor. It was a bit noisy as I could hear traffic. If I was staying longer I would ask for a different room as to not hear the traffic. Staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Definitely recommend to travellers. .

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper get a room not close to the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel Little India, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recommending us! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your positive comments to them team. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I wasn't expecting much about the hotel, since it's supposedly a buget hotel. However, our opinions changed soon after our arrival.Our deluxe room was much bigger than expected (given a room located at the corner, with wheelchair accessibilities) and room was clean and the standard nessecities was provided. Room was also quiet in the night despite it's the weekend.
Service was great, especially with Jane.
Overall, we had a good time at Santa Grand =)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your positive feedback to the team. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you back at Santa Grand!

Hotel Management Team

Been to Santa Grand Hotel Little India? Share your experiences!