“Amazing experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“Amazing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

I decided to treat my boyfriend to a restful weekend at the newly-opened Quincy after hearing about it on the Internet - and I never regretted my decision. It was all-in-all one relaxing experience, the staff were warm and obviously proud of their beautiful hotel (rightly so). I loved the concept of having everything in one package, we did not have to worry about anything. The pool on the 12th floor was great - loved the sauna and the steam bath. Also, the hotel had a wonderful smell like they put something through the ventilation, it made me feel that I was really on holiday, even though I am from Singapore! The room itself was amazing, nice big bed, but the air-con could have been colder, though. Loved the bathroom and the free minibar.

So kudos to you, Quincy, for making my weekend special. Will definitely be coming back again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
QuincyCoolBoss, Hotel Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
Than Q for noticing the pride of the team working at Quincy, I very much appreciate your review and we are continuing our efforts to make Quincy be a great, Qool and innovative place to stay at in Singapore...

Franck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

My recent stay at Quincy was a exceptional stay. The rooms are so beautiful and i must say that the staffs were great. I definately have to mention this gentlemen who i had extreme pleasure of meeting which i believe his name is Surash.He was very helpful and when i asked him for direction, he escorted me from point A to B. I expected service like this from a 5 star hotel but i was totally blown away. It may be a small gesture but for a new traveller like me, it a big deal.He even knew alot of Singapore when i asked him as i am new to this Beautiful Country. I would like to tell everyone who visits the hotel to look out for this gentlemen. Any help you need, he's the go to guy. I noticed that he is a calm and collective person. Surash, a Big Thank you for making our stay in your beautiful hotel a wonderful experience. I will definately return. Thank You Sir.

WOW
Exceptional...
Suresh is extremely happy to see his name on your review, in fact, he has had a lot and our guests are so delighted with his personal touches, he is one of the 13 stars from the Front Office team...

Than Q so much for your top title and top rating of 5/5

Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

At the very last minute we decided to change our booking and stayed at the recently opened Quincy hotel. A great place to stay, we enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is warm, has a personal approach and really tries to create an atmosphere where you feel at home. The coffee & tea self service facilities contribute to this cozy feeling of being at home. Room is well equiped, comfortable beds and all you could wish for. And if it wasn't there (we liked to use a dvd player) the staff goes the extra mile to please you. Food is ok, multiple options and open all day. The breakfast could use a slight update, to bring it at the overall high level. Excellent fitness facilities. Great for leisure and business. We will come back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Than Q so, so, so much for your review and your 5/5, it is a booster for the Q team...
Thanks for all the Qute compliments and we have also upgraded our breakfast so we hope that you will notice the change when you come baQ with us...

Bug hug from the team,

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

My husband and I splurged a bit and chose the Quincy based on a few photos and great pricing for the season. It was an amazing hotel! We were immediately impressed with the limo sent and a very friendly and helpful driver. The hotel staff greeted us and continued to treat us with perfect mix of professionalism, genuine kindness and personal service.

We didn't even realize the rate was all-inclusive and thought the hotel would have been worth it without all of the added amenities. Although, the firm encouraging from the staff to really take advantage of the included meals, mini-bar and snacks was a lovely change from 'normal' hotels charging for everything that isn't nailed down. My husband was in love with the coffee/espresso machine, which did make a perfect cup of your choosing. The breakfast buffet was fresh and good and the one dinner we had was also good. We would have eaten there more if there wasn't so many other great options for foodies in Singapore. The rooms were not large but very well equipped and thought-out and the beds heavenly. The pool area on the 12th floor was fantastic and private with great views. We have a love of modern architecture and interiors so this hotel was perfect for us and paired with the excellent staff, was a great choice! If ever we're back in Singapore, this will be our first choice.

• Liked — The staff and the hotel's ammenities
  • Disliked — Had to leave eventualy.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am so impressed with your words "perfect mix of professionalism, genuine kindness and personal service" WOW...
We decided to treat our customers as we treat our friends and your words are the reflexion of the results.
Here at Quincy, we work off the norms, we are Qool while professional and fast, I am so glad you noticed all the small gestures.

Do come baQ whenever you want, we will make sure you have an ever better stay...

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I was eating at the restaurant at the lobby level and overheard a conversation between a couple and a manager from the hotel. I was alone, and as tables are near each other, i could hear most of their conversation.
The lady spoke about trip advisor, i had no clue what this was until I reached my room and surfed the net (for free as it is inclusive in the rate).
I now understand what it was all about, not only I discover a good website with a lot of hotel reviews, but I now also get why this lady kept saying "it is so unfair".
I read the review called Buyer beware as well as the other two, which are in all fairness very good.
Before I give my feedback, I have to say that Raymond must be a flea market addict as I would never categorized this hotel as such.
In fact, it is modern, excellent staff, very practical rooms, there is all you need for when you travel.
The lobby looks gorgeous, it is not a big hotel so do not expect big rooms, big restaurant. The concept there is like athome, you help yourself at the buffet, you press for your desired coffee (free all day long), itis convenient, easy, you do not need to wait for anything.
I found Quincy a bargain, so for value for money it is a 5 for sure, at $208 for a room on the 11th floor, with a huge window and a see-through bathroom, and all inclusive such as limousine pick up (Mercedes), free minibar, free internet, free breakfast, free lunch and dinner, free drinks, free laundry I thought my $208 were very well spent for once. At this price, you get a room only anywhere else in Singapore, especially in this part of town. It is off Orchard road, ok 6 minutes walk but when you reach the hotel, it is so quiet and peaceful, and the hotel is reserved to hotel guests, making it very private.
If I have the chance tomorrow, I will speak to this couple and tell them what I did and if I see the caucasian gentleman tomorrow I will also tell him that I rate the hotel highly and in all fairness, they are trying so hard to make you feel special.
The rooms are very practical, large writing desk, large flat screen TV (I plugged in my laptop in the TV, it is huge and something I can not do at home)
The pool is on the 12th floor with sauna and steam room.
The girls at the reception are all beautiful and helpful, there is a right amount of politeness, professionalism and enthusiasm in this hotel, that once you have stayed there, you just want to come back.

Quincy was not my first choice before, but has definitely become my top hotel in Singapore, I have to agree with the fantabulous review.

Keep it up.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
QuincyCoolBoss, Hotel Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Dear Oliver,

Than Q so much for such a great review of Quincy, but also for this long write up!...

Well, what can I say apart from letting you know that the team was amazed to read it and felt so positive that they want to even go further in their personal service.

As we say, it takes a team effort to make it happen and they certainly do create a special atmosphere at Quincy, Qool staff meet Qool customers...

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

Quincy had only been open 3 weeks when we stayed in Feb so we expected a few bugs....happily we found none.
From the moment we arrived,staff were attentive & helpful,even arranging specific food options for my wife who has a gluten/wheat intolerance.
Manager Franck was charming & keen for feedback.

The rooms are definitely modern design,its clear a lot of thought has gone into the styling although they are in need of a splash of colour.
Bathroom had bath & shower with fantastic pressure,much appreciated by 2 Aussies on water restrictions at home.
Huge plasma tv & small window ledge couch provided ample comfort,bed was massive & comforting.
I have no idea what the previous reviewer is on about,very hard to please?

Quincy provides all meals in the tariff & they were fresh & tasty.
Breakfast was standard buffet with plenty of options,perhaps lunch/dinner could offer more local fare in time rather than the Italian emphasis from the kitchen next door?

Pool was a highlight,towels & water everywhere & amazing view.
Location is quiet & a short stroll from Orchard Rd,we will definitely be back

John & Kathryn

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
My dear Aussie Qool customers,

Well, I hope you come back quick to enjoy again the powerful shower experience and I reassure you that we do not have any water restriction here...in fact, the water element is visible and can be heard throughout the hotel in the right way...

Than Q for your nice review of Quincy and also for remembering my name, as you said, i am very open to feedback, I am happy when guests approach me and ask "are you Franck?", then I know it must be linked to tripadvisor...

The team sends you a hug from Q...

Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Very clean and modern, and the staff are nice, but the decor is tasteless and soulless; room furnishings are cold, hard, and uncomfortable. A small swatch of carpet beneath the bed is the only touch of warmth to the room, otherwise there are very hard (freezing cold) floors. Mirrors and aluminium abound. Terrible value for money, for what is available in Singapore. Yes, there are three meals a day, but my "filet of salmon" was deep-fried, and the sauce on my ravioli tasted like it came from a can. Everything in this hotel looks and feels like it was purchased at a "modern furniture" flea market. Don't stay here unless you have ginger-ale tastes and a champagne budget.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Dear Raymond,

I have sent you 2 messages via trip advisor and never got a reply from you, so I have decided to post my answer so it can be visible to all readers and make it fair.

Of course, than Q for sending your review to trip advisor, a large majority of our customers are extremely happy with what Quincy has to offer, it looks like Q is not the right hotel for you and we appreciate your honesty...

If you need my help to find you the right hotel matching your taste and requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be delighted to guide you...

Franck

Been to The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!