“Very useful!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2

and 1 more site!
You added Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2 to your Saves list
Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 3, Changi Int'l Airport Terminal 2, Singapore, Singapore   |
Ranked #92 of 305 Hotels in Singapore
Adelaide, Australia
“Very useful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a day in Singapore between flights and after looking around the city for a while we were in desperate need of a bed for a good rest...we booked the 6hr time in a room (ahead of time) & it was definitely worth it! The shower & bed were essential on the way back from a long trip away to Europe. It was dark & quiet in our room, perfect to get some more sleep! We were leaving from terminal 3 but with easy access via the skytrain every few min. it was no problem! We tried the free napping lounges in Singapore airportbut found that it was mostly full & impossible to get a couple of places to rest for free?! It's also better to have your bags stored away here rather than leaving them out in public in the airport while you try to rest/sleep in the free napping area :)

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AGradisar

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We took the 6 hour package and got a twin room for $s91

Good comfortable beds with a good ensuite and were able to het a good 5 hour sleep

If you only need to nap then i suggest you use one of the free napping areas

• Stayed December 2012
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had business to take care of in the evening in Singapore and had to leave the next morning. Reserved a standard single with shared bath & shower for one block of six hours and thankfully front offered me an extra hour for potential noise over the night. Bed was comfortable and I did not hear any noise. No amenities in the room (no tissue, for example), which was no problem for me. After checked out, I went to SQ lounge for breakfast. Everything worked fine. For those who want to stay close to the airport and yet want to save $$, the airport hotel can't be beaten!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Auckalnd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

A very popular hotel for transit passengers in Singapore. What a convenient way to stay horizontal while waiting for your flight. I am really impressed with this hotel as it makes my life easier while transiting in Singapore.

Hotel room was average and needed some upgrading. Bed and pillows were also not the best but hey, I am not complaining. Booking here was more comfortable than sitting in any waiting areas. Hotel rate was also expensive but the comfort was rewarding.

Booking is really essential as I had been turned down before. Quite disappointing really but I learned from that experience.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone transitting in Singapore.

Room Tip: Book ahead to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a triple room (355), we checked in earlier and saved an hours cost owing to works being done in the night (13 hours cost the same as 12). We had a swim in T1, it was really good and easy to sort things for that. The beds I found very hard and the pillows also big and hard. But, it is a bed, in an airport and it is very convenient. There were no toiletries, you have to ask at the lobby so it would pay to get them on the way in. There were also no facecloths which would have been nice. There was a telly in our room, if you like to watch it but no Internet.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week on route to Thailand. Reasonably priced for the convenience offered. Nice sized bathroom with extra amenities on offer from reception. Our twin room was spacious enough with tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen tv. The beds were a little hard and our room had no windows, not good if you are claustrophobic. Very quiet though which is what we all want when we're trying to catch some sleep. Front desk staff friendly and polite and offered a convenient wakeup call.

Room Tip: Some rooms are without windows, If you are claustrophobic check this out when booking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PandanBear
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is not great value being a monopoly chain but it is your only option within the terminal. I think for a long haul flight it is surely worth it. I flew from Barcelona to Melbourne with a 17 hour layover at Singapore airport, staying here to sleep for 6 hours. It made me feel much better then afterwards I went to the lounge next door and there is a free cinema in close proximity too.

Compared to how I felt going from Melbourne to Barcelona on the way to Europe, a 25 hour flight including my 2 hour layover during which I did not stay at this hotel, I felt SO MUCH better on the way back for that bit of sleep this hotel provided me with.

If I ever go to Europe via Singapore again I will try to get a flight that lands late, with a long layover so I can get some much needed sleep here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo