“Only for Transit Passengers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2

Save Saved
You added Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2 to your Saves list
Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2
Departure Transit Lounge South, Level 3, Changi Int'l Airport Terminal 2, Singapore, Singapore   |
Ranked #90 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Auckalnd
“Only for Transit Passengers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

A very popular hotel for transit passengers in Singapore. What a convenient way to stay horizontal while waiting for your flight. I am really impressed with this hotel as it makes my life easier while transiting in Singapore.

Hotel room was average and needed some upgrading. Bed and pillows were also not the best but hey, I am not complaining. Booking here was more comfortable than sitting in any waiting areas. Hotel rate was also expensive but the comfort was rewarding.

Booking is really essential as I had been turned down before. Quite disappointing really but I learned from that experience.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone transitting in Singapore.

Room Tip: Book ahead to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a triple room (355), we checked in earlier and saved an hours cost owing to works being done in the night (13 hours cost the same as 12). We had a swim in T1, it was really good and easy to sort things for that. The beds I found very hard and the pillows also big and hard. But, it is a bed, in an airport and it is very convenient. There were no toiletries, you have to ask at the lobby so it would pay to get them on the way in. There were also no facecloths which would have been nice. There was a telly in our room, if you like to watch it but no Internet.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week on route to Thailand. Reasonably priced for the convenience offered. Nice sized bathroom with extra amenities on offer from reception. Our twin room was spacious enough with tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen tv. The beds were a little hard and our room had no windows, not good if you are claustrophobic. Very quiet though which is what we all want when we're trying to catch some sleep. Front desk staff friendly and polite and offered a convenient wakeup call.

Room Tip: Some rooms are without windows, If you are claustrophobic check this out when booking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is not great value being a monopoly chain but it is your only option within the terminal. I think for a long haul flight it is surely worth it. I flew from Barcelona to Melbourne with a 17 hour layover at Singapore airport, staying here to sleep for 6 hours. It made me feel much better then afterwards I went to the lounge next door and there is a free cinema in close proximity too.

Compared to how I felt going from Melbourne to Barcelona on the way to Europe, a 25 hour flight including my 2 hour layover during which I did not stay at this hotel, I felt SO MUCH better on the way back for that bit of sleep this hotel provided me with.

If I ever go to Europe via Singapore again I will try to get a flight that lands late, with a long layover so I can get some much needed sleep here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
rainham kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for an overnight flight en route to Kathmandu. The hotel is well signposted throughout the terminal and easy to find. I requested a room with a window, but unlike my outward leg stay I didnt get one, and the room felt more enclosed, but as the only thing I did here was sleep it wasnt a problem. The room was clean and functional and came equipped with tea and coffee making facilities. Although travelling solo I had a twin room. The check in staff were very helpful and I encountered no problems. The hotel is not cheap, but from a convenience point of view its perfect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were in Changi Airport for 7 hours in transit before flying out to Frankfurt at 23-55. Booked a 6 hour stay & it worked very well. Speedy checkin ( had booked online in advance) offered a wake up call. Simple hotel room ensuite,tv, tea/coffee,kettle. Was able to leave hand luggage secure & look around the Huge airport. We showered & changed before catching our onward flight feeling refreshed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Firstly, my booking sheet displayed ‘booked for 11 hours’…. ‘$115.xx’. Turns out this $115.xx in fact is the cost of a six hour block so had to pay extra for the other five hours. So need to improve on the presentation of booking sheet display to reduce confusion.

Secondly, the room had only one light switch that either illuminates the whole room bright or turns off the whole room totally dark. We had two kids so a lamp that gave some light to move around while the kids slept would have been nice.

Thirdly, on check out, the staff reported my credit card as not working. I rang my card company overseas at my cost and the response was nothing wrong with the card, it must have been a mistake on the part of the hotel. I later used the card elsewhere with no issues. The staff were also very unhelpful in dealing with me when they reported my card as not working.

Overall, I expected much better service from inside such a reputed airport so was very disappointed

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2? Share your experiences!