Stayed here for a few days. Since it is very much a city center hotel, it was just a place to sleep, shop, go back to unload and then do the same. Its very convenient to all areas and buses and taxi are plenty. As for eating, well................. right in front of the entrance ( facing the temple ), there are plenty of food and the hawker center serve good rojak, slice fish noodle, chui kueh ( a kind of radish cake with the marinated radish sauce.. yummy.. call Bedok chui Kueh ) and another serve lovely chinese style breakie.
Rooms - if you are expecting a big room, forget it, so do not try to put 4 in a room if you book for 2. I would say a decent room.
Restaurant - there is one but why would you eat in a hotel ( unless its included )... just walk around and find something to eat.
Taxi/bus - easily available but during peak timing around 1700-1930 you might find a bit harder to catch a taxi. Bus are the most frequent and they have sigh board telling you how to get from point a to b if you know where to go. In the subway... its most unlikely you will get a seat so a bus is wonderful if you just want to soak in the sights.
wifi - added bonus.... what i feel most hotel should do is give free wifi to all paying guest. That is why some go for guesthouse... yes yes i know not a comparison but the thing is.. most people i talked to.. if the company provide i will go to hotels and i go alone, i will use guesthouse.... in any case guesthouse lets you make more friends are in hotel you just go into the rooms and that is that.
TV - NOW why would i talk about it... hahahah its one of the smallest screen tv i have seen, almost comparable to someone's pc screen.
Overall - Not bad... good location
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen Hotel
- Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen Hotel Singapore
- Accor Singapore On Bencoolen
- Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel location in Singapore next to Singapore shopping & business centers. FREE Wi-Fi access, international adaptors and USB chargers, the ibis room has got everything you need for a high quality budget hotel in Singapore.Complimentary shuttle to Resort World Sentosa Singapore opposite the Hotel and near Bugis MRT station. Enjoy great deals by booking online our budget bed and breakfast promotion. TASTE Restaurant serves breakfast and local Singapore dishes.Best Economy Hotel in Asia Pacific by TTG in 2009-12 and Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor in 2012-13. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.