“Good Place to Stay :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality

You added Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality to your Saves list
Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   20 Havelock Road, Singapore 059765, Singapore (Formerly Central Square Village Residences )   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hyderabad, India
“Good Place to Stay :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in Central Square Village Residences for 3-5 week's. Staff is too good..I want to thanks each Individual Yenee, Ace,Lay ying, Noli, Thomas, Josline, Divyna, Ibrahim & Faizal. You ppl are doing great job.The rooms are very large and clean. The environment is also nice. We had a continental breakfast.

The best part was bowling Competition..Its an very good Idea.

Once Again thank you very much..

Rajesh

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited central square village at the end of last year and really had a very good experience and enjoyed a lot with my friends. The rooms are very large and clean. The environment is also nice. We had a continental breakfast. We really had a very good time there.

Room Tip: All Rooms are nice and large.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

spacious and functional apartments. perfect for families and perhaps two couples willing to share. Fully equipped with great appliances. Attention by staff is extraordinary! friendly and allways wiling to assist in any way. I will certainly come back! The place is conveniently located within a short walking distance to the Train Station Clarke Quay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just checked in the Central Square Village 1 week ago and this is the only serviced apartment I've stayed in Singapore.

Parts I like
1) Spacious, especially in the living room area. It's also quite tidy and clean.
2) Helpful staff - Construction noise was solved 20mins after I called for complains. In general, they're quite helpful.
3) Location - It's quite convenient. 10mins walking distance to church st (office area), 5-7mins to Clarke Quay MRT and Central Mall.
4) Maid service - so far pretty good.

Overall, this is NOT the super trendy/stylish type of space (a bit outdated) but should be good for family. But I'm sure those fancy serviced apartment may not give you the same size of space and price. Personally, I prefer a cozy and quiet space after work instead of some fancy places in the bar or shopping area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have recently shifted for a job offer in Singapore and company had provided accommodation in central square village residences. I stayed here for 2 weeks and found it to be very good .
They provide morning breakfast which is a continental breakfast which is good enough in a normal working day. rooms were always kept very clean,air conditioning was very good.
There was a renovation going on basically fire detection system fitting, so by any chance on week days you manage to stay back then it could be really difficult to stay .
it is very close to annalakshmi restaurant , which is a very good place to have Indian food .
pretty close to Clarkes quay MRT, so easy access to the whole country .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I only stayed here two weeks in March but somehow I missed the renovations that the previous reviewer mentioned and I didn't experience any of the other complaints either. The room (rooms - my apartment included a large living room and well appointed kitchen) I had was great - large, clean, alot of storage and closet space, two large flat screen tvs. There was regular cleaning service, no cockroaches, the do it yourself laundry machines worked for me but at $4 a load seemed a little expensive for me (but much cheaper than the regular laundry service - so in reality a great deal.) And I thought breakfast was great also- there was always hot food when I was there at 7:39 with a variety of western and asian dishes and a friendly "good morning" or "have a nice day" every day.

Staff are helpful and knowledgable, it is centrally located and an easy walk to the CBD, Chinatown or the river. I also enjoyed the free coffee/tea machine in the downstairs lobby and the many magazines and newspapers available there. And I unfortunately was not able to enjoy the beautiful rooftop pool and garden as much as I wanted but it is a great place to relax, rest and cool off.

The one thing that I didn't enjoy was the layout of my room's bathroom with awkard double doors you had to close but also navigate your way around to use the sink. However overall this is a minor complaint and I would definitely stay again. If in Singapore for a few weeks or relocating and needing to get your bearings, this is a great place to start - as I imagine the other Village locations would be too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Do not stay here until all of the "renovations" are complete.

Have been staying here for 3.5 months and will be here another 2.5. If I could move to another location I absolutely would. Overall the location is amazing and the staff are helpful when it comes to basic things but I am SO sick of the constant letters (2-3 times a week) stating that one service or another will be out of use. Constant pounding and drilling do not allow for sleep due to the installation of sprinklers.

Was told that I will have to move units and the dates were not provided until less than a week before. Got to my new apartment and they were trying to give me one HALF the size of where I was living before. I said absolutely not. The price is an absolute rip off for what they were trying to give me.

There is supposed breakfast in the morning that starts at 7, but do not depend on hot breakfast being available until 7:45 at the earliest. I have to leave for work at 7:30 and have gotten hot breakfast 2 days in 3 months. I should be reimbursed for all of that.

Pros:
-Location (close to CBD, MRT)
-Maid service 3x week
-Staff will fetch a cab for you
-Quiet pool area

Cons:
-Multiple cockroach instances in apartment even though I barely keep food and on 5th floor
-Laundry machines have DESTROYED lots of my clothing (do not use their machines)
-Constant services being closed (gym, laundry, pool door access, etc)
-Breakfast never ready when it is supposed to
-Big hassle to move every time they want to do construction on different apartments

Room Tip: Do not accept room 20 on any floor, check apartment before accepting it
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Steph J

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us during this time when renovations are underway to refresh our premises. We recognize that construction noise from renovations works are inevitable and as such, had offered you the opportunity to move to another Far East Hospitality serviced residence, Orchard Parksuites.

Nevertheless, we respect that not all our guests will take up this offer and as such, we make our utmost effort to make guests’ stay as comfortable as possible during this period and use circulars to update guests on the latest happenings around their premises.

Where renovations require a change of rooms, we are mindful to give guests a minimum of one week’s notice. All room transfers are done based on room classification and as such, the floor area may vary slightly.

Our breakfast service continues to be available at 7 am. We have not received any feedback from other guests on the timeliness of this service and rest assured we have looked into this matter. We have scheduled monthly pest control services to upkeep all rooms and we do work closely with the pest control service provider to quickly respond to issues arising outside of the schedule.

The laundry facility is provided for guests’ convenience and as is the industry practice, the management is not liable for any damages to clothing washed at the launderette. However I note that our staff has responded to your feedback on this matter and have met with you in person to address your concern.

We hope this helps to highlight the efforts our staff has taken to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Finally, we thank you for continuing to stay with us despite the ongoing renovations.

Best Regards,

Seow Yen Nee

Been to Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!