“Free loading cockroaches had a nice stay at my expense.” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Goldkist Beach Resort
1100 East Coast Parkway, Singapore 449880, Singapore   |
Ranked #161 of 182 Specialty lodging in Singapore
“Free loading cockroaches had a nice stay at my expense.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This must be one the dirtiest beach resorts in the world. Actually, the worst beach resort in the world. When I spoke to the so called management about their rotten stinking "resort" they didn't even care, the place is a fire waiting to happen with dodgy wiring, it has saliva & blood stained pillows, mould and some type of goo on the walls all free of charge. God only knows what biological diseases are available at this place. Total waste of money we had to pack our bags and just get out of there. Goldkist Beach Resort is a haven for cockroaches and homeless cats only. My advise is to stay far far away from this hole.

• Stayed July 2012

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Decided to book a chalet here due to its proximity to the beach and partly some fond childhood memories.

Thought it would be nice to introduce my kids to some staying out + BBQ.

Had stayed here countless times under the previous management and the property then was superb.

Upon checkin, was shock to find the room totally spartan. No furniture, no kettle, no nothing.

Told myself it's ok since we are here for the beach and probably wouldn't hang inside for many hours. However, was reminded by the wife of the exorbitant rates we paid for this sorry excuse of a chalet...

Went back to the reception to check if I am indeed given the right room since I paid a bomb for it. She just smiled and nod when I told her it's so expensive.

Totally ruin any fond memories I had of this place. I believe Goldkist is just trying to wring out as much as they could before the place is demolished.

Hopefully my kids will remember the activities more eh

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The moment we entered the chalet, the room stink of mold and sweat. Floor is dusty and sticky, A old beer can is found in the wardrobe, roof leaks water when its raining. Toilet leaks and noisy when flushing. No basic amenities like soap and shampoo. TV remote doesn't work and the buttons on the TV is missing. Called front desk, and they had the cheek to ask us to call housekeeping and ask us go down to get a new remote. 3D2N for SGD400++ definitely not worth it. They will charge you SGD$20 PER hour for late checkout!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Front counter & Mini mart customer service was rude and no manners. The unsatisfied was start from check in to check out. When we check in after get the key, we found that the air corn remote control was not in the chalet but i had been told the remote is inside the room. So we walked out from chalet and get the remote control from the black face front officer. Then we moved on to Mini mart to get a bbq set and we also found that the bbq stand supposed is at the chalet but the fact was no. So we inform the mini mart staff but she keep on argue that the bbq is at the chalet itself. When check out time, they asked to return the bbq pit to mini mart then only can refund and never been told that we need to return the remote control. The front officer throw back the key to me and asked me walk second time back to the chalet and get the remote. And the chalet is far away from the main office. Conclusion is the attitude of all the staffs are rude and did not believe what customer complained and like to push away the responsible. We pay the high price with self service style and the staffs is not meet the customer service standard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I guess it was the family of cockroaches on the bed that set the tone from the beginning. After shooing them away, we noticed the bed bugs, then the stained bedsheets. And the black liquid running down the wall from the air conditioning.

Then I noticed my wife's "I'm sure it's my birthday today, so why would he want to subject me to this?" face.

So, we went back to reception and cancelled our booking, only to be shown a long list of terms and conditions, explaining that we'd have to pay for the full 2 nights stay, regardless.

Now, we travel a lot, and if you're not happy at most hotels, they make you pay for the first night, and refund you the following nights, but at Goldkist, their motto seems to be "Get their money before we go bust". Besides, it's not cheap to feed a resort full of vermin.

Anyway, the following day, I called the resort manager. He seemed quite nice, but obviously well used to dodging complaints, and indeed phone calls. After I mentioned those magic words "Health and Safety", he said he'd try his best to help. He hasn't replied since.

So, in short, Goldkist is a great place to stay if you're looking for your first illicit taste of alcohol, a drunken fumble with that girl from your class, and want a film-noir-motel-murder-scene-type experience. But if you're looking for somewhere pleasant to stay near the beach, I'd consider Changi jail or the public toilets instead. They're slightly cleaner and more welcoming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This "Goldkist Resort" has been around for more than 20yrs. The recent renovation was like more 10yrs ago. It wasn't a so-called resort then. This used to be a chalet block for our younger generation for parties & weekend gatherings.

Surprisingly, I thought it has renovated & changed until I saw all the comments. And I went to check all the pictures. *LOL* Frankly, it still look the same like how it was 22yrs ago when I first had my birthday celebration with friends. It wasn't priced at $188.

Each chalet was abt $20 to $50 each, depending on the type of chalet booked. And BBQ pit was included, we need not pay extra for it and we are allowed to bring outside food & catering (even pets allowed).

This place is very run-down, never been maintained. Do not expect excellent service because there is none. No towels, toiletries or whatsoever are included. So therefore, paying $188 is absolutely a NO-NO! So please hurry cancel your booking if you have any.

Go stay in Hotel 81 or Fragrance, it's so much better staying in such hotels than this.

Room Tip: This place is very run-down, never been maintained. Do not expect excellent service because there is...
Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Novara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days . The hotel is not even cheap according to singapore standard . on the sea,,,but u cant take a bath the beach and water are soooo dirty. position disaster to go to metro u must get a taxi. Staff unpolite (except the indian looking girl very kind and helpful) , safe box went out of order and we had to wait one hour for a guy to opern it with fire and tools, they wanted me to pay in advance as u enter the first night, no tv ( i mean tv but only with 2 chinese channels) , AIRCON BAD WORKING. very dirty room everything destroyed, every morning they make some noisy jobs outside, no bar no restaurant, no services at all . can i seay sthing more? better no,,,,, AVOID this hotel ,,,,a nightmare experience ( when we were heading to airport a taxi driver told us: u slept there? i used to go there when i was a boy - 25 years ago - but now is so destroyed) . To sum up,,,,with the money i paid....the worst hotel of my life

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Goldkist Beach Resort? Share your experiences!