“Great food great ambience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant

Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant
81 Anson Road, 9th floor M Hotel, Singapore 079908, Singapore (Downtown Core)
65 6221 3075
Good for: Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Singapore, Singapore
“Great food great ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner experience at this restaurant sometime ago. The service was great and the place looks nice. Quite elegant without overdoing it. I ordered the beef bowl promotion set. The portion was generous and the beef were cooked to perfection. My friends had the unagi set which was equally awesome. The unagi were fresh,thick and savory. We also tried some of the sides like the fried fish skin, which I greatly recommend. It is crispy, light without being too oily. The perfect finger food to go with your meals. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely patronize again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great place and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

First visit to this restaurant hidden 9 flr m hotel ..we were very surprised to find this spacious and cozy place.The sushi are excellent .Hirame ,o toro ,botan ebi and the list goes on as we continue to order more and more coz the price is very reasonable around 6 sgd to 7 sgd per piece of top grade sushi .Tempura prawns are huge and fresh followed by char grilled omei beef , omei beef fried rice and best of all their lobster soup.Overall abt 120 sgd per head for 6 of us .Amazingly worthwhile .We will come back agn for more

• Visited May 2014
“Nice cosy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my dinner here with some close friends. Cosy restaurant with great ambience. Food was served at a reasonable time, the staff were helpful and friendly, and most importantly the food was delicious! Top grade jap food!

“Comfort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had dined in this restaurant more than a couple of times. When days I feel stressed at work or days I'd like a quiet and good meal, I find myself thinking of this restaurant. To start with, the ambience and friendly staff of this restaurant makes one feels at home. The food of course is the star and makes me comes back. From their fresh sashimi to their miso soup, nothing ever disappoints. What I like most is their sushi, the rice apparently is premium rice with the texture oh so right. Nothing like those you get from those chain Japanese restaurant or what you pick up from supermarket. The portions are always generous here and the pricing very reasonable. DO NOT be taken off by the $$$$ indicated, I had never spend more than $100 here and each time I ate to my fill. You will be really surprised with the pricing and the quality of food here especially during lunch hours, yes dinner is a little pricier but hey the quality of the food is well worth the prices. For example, a $18 beef bowl gives you a BIG bowl with no less than 10 big slices of premium beef that melts in your mouth. Like wise for the katsudon or tonkatsu. Its one of the best I had. The pork used is definitely fresh pork where its moist and natural sweetness is distinct from other fried pork chops you get elsewhere. Their tempura is also their signature. Each prawn tempura is at least 7 inches long. The batter is so right and the prawn so fresh and crunchy. Their chicken teriyaki is also juicy and sweet and again fresh chicken is being used here instead of frozen meat. I spoke to the staff to find out more and apparently the management routinely review their menu and uses the freshest ingredients to bring the best food to their customers. Yes, every business needs to make profit to survive but I sincerely believe in this restaurant, you pay for what its worth. Nothing more.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food was excellent, portioned generously and very affordable. The ambience of the restaurant was great as well. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Will be back again soon!