“Pan Pacific: Highly Recommended AFTER the construction is completed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore

Agoda.com Asiatravel.com
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore
96 Somerset Road, Singapore 238163, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Ranked #27 of 290 hotels in Singapore
Bend, OR
“Pan Pacific: Highly Recommended AFTER the construction is completed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

We stayed at the Pan Pacific in Singapore for 1 week (you must have a min of 7 nights booked) and overall it was lovely. The decor is high-end and modern with great art in all areas of the hotel. Our bed was very comfortable and was a nice retreat from all the action on Orchard Rd. My biggest complaint was the construction, and not just the noise, but the privacy factor. There is a large mall and parking structure being built just inches from the hotel itself and it is swarming with workers who would like nothing more than to sneak a peek whether you are in the pool, working out in the gym or relaxing in the soaking pool. I even caught one taking a picture of me with his camera phone while I relaxed by the pool!

Other than the peeping-toms, I don't have much else to negatively critique. The breakfast was lovely in the mornings, the front desk was very helpful (especially when our washer/dryer broke down), the location is ideal (Somerset MRT is directly under the building) and the attached restaurants are amazing.

Going to Singapore was an exotic adventure for me, so the Pan Pacific was a wonderful place to call home during my visit. Once the construction is complete, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Singapore for business or leisure.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
kfoh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

We have recently stayed at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites in Singapore and have nothing but praise.
From the time we booked the room to our arrival, the service and care that was provided was impeccable and extremely personal. We were also traveling for the first time with our 10month old daughter and were nervous about her ability to adapt to her environment and the staff were very understanding.
Overall, our stay was most enjoyable and we would like to commend them on the level of service provided at every customer touch point, from sales to front desk, to housekeeping and other service staff. Service with a smile has never been better defined.
Only downside was the noise of the nearby construction which should be complete by end of this year but the staff made sure they gave us a room with minimal noise so our daughter could sleep.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed at the property during the GP season in Sept for 8 nights.

Liked:
-while making reservation, I asked for a room at garden level and away from the construction work (there`s one going on next door). They gave us one exactly per request without us mentioning it again while checking in.
-the room interior design is sleek but the size is abit too small, with all the high-end equipment and utilities provided.
-the front desk ladies staff and the breakfast lounge guy staff were very friendly and helpful. Even one lady (I think she`s our assigned PA) immediately ran out from the lobby to help us carry the stroller up the main stairs. We were asking for lots of bottled water, and the next day they continuously providing us with lots of it without being asked.
-the housekeeping lady fold our piled up dried laundry, and also managed to rearrange my kid`s messy toys by the window.
-I left behind my wallet somewhere in the room and emailed the staff about it, they were very helpful and communicate continuously, although couldn`t find it back.

Disliked:
-Dust!!! The room was extremely dusty (we stay at room 315), my husband could not stop sneezing while we were there, I never saw him sneeze that badly. I don`t know when was the last time they cleaned up the shelves, carpet, etc. When I place stuff on the higher shelves, poof! all the dust were flying up. Even when I looked under the kitchen cabinet to pick up something, to my Horror there`s a line between a never been cleaned dusty floor and a cleaned part, there`s even a quite big rubber toyball (don`t know who`s) sitting there. And there were food crumbs on the carpet too.
Beware if you are allergic to dust or traveling with young children.
-the amenities at our room never been replenish, we have to keep asking for it which was not delivered (is it because we asked for it at night?), and have to ask for it again the next day.
-the swimming pool is wall to wall to next door construction work, it was a very disappointing environment, not due to the noise but due to lack of fresh air and good view.
-Breakfast could be a boring experience with almost the same choices everyday.

We are returning to Singapore this Nov and my husband have warned me not to return to this hotel because of the dust! This is why I only give three star for the rating. To be fair, I`m impressed with the room style and services provided but cleanliness was definitely out of hand.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We stayed in Pan Pacific serviced apartments between Christmas 2008 and New year. We stayed in total 10 days.

This place is perfect for an extended stay or if you want to have the freedom to have your own kitchen. The location is very central, close to Orchard Road and to an underground station. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful during all our stay.

The only complaint was the noise from the building site next to our building (we were warned about the possible noise by the hotel managers a month before our trip to Singapore), but at our request the hotel staff moved us on the other side of the building after the first night.

We were overall very impressed.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

If you have an extended stay in Singapore ~ this is the place! The entire hotel is spotless, new and comfortable. The staff is exceptional. During my month stay I have asked for countless things and administrative help and received nothing less then a smile and proactive support. The staff is also very knowledgeable on questions about Singapore - which is helpful when your new to Singapore and your trying to re-locate. The decor is lovely contemporary (Flat screens in bedroom and living room, dvd player, kitchens with stoves ~ and best yet a washer/dryer!!!)

Yes, there is construction next door. But they were very forthcoming in letting us know about it. They are sympathetic to the noise, but there is not much they can do ~ Singapore is growing!

The Gym, Dining area and common areas are lovely and peaceful. The staff is delightful and very professional. The price (I feel) is very fair. The housekeeping staff is exceptional. I even gave feedback partially through our stay and each item was addressed and fixed the very next day. The MTR is right next door and your steps away from Orchard road! Oh and there is "good" coffee and tea available 24/7. High speed internet & full breakfast included in price.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars except for the construction. But it looks like they are close to finishing. Regardless, I've stayed in Singapore many times and find that Pan Pacific Hotels are the best when it comes to service and constantly trying to improve. I would definitely check it out if your not familiar with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

This apartment is new and SO nice, it is very different compared to all apartments we stayed this far. Not just another apartment.
We are traveling the world with our children for 1 year so yes, we stayed at A LOT of places:)
We rented a 2 bedroom and the decor is very contemporary, the bathrooms are slick and cool and the showers have excellent pressure! The apartment is a little small for being a 2 bedroom but the "coolness" makes up for that (I just love NEW, fresh looking, cool interior designed rooms)
The breakfast is ok, nothing special but if you ask they will make eggs the way you like them.
The GYM is very special, even "lazy" me went there every day just because its brand new and really cool, smart equipment. private TV and fans on each station.
The girls in the reception are really nice and helpful.
Now the only negative about this place is that they are doing a big construction next door and they work NIGHT shift and it is very noisy. Ask for a apartment away from the construction.
When this construction is done this will be a 5 star stay for sure but for now its just 4 due to the noise.

• Liked — The new and clean rooms
  • Disliked — the construction next door
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore? Share your experiences!