“Wonderful afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tasmania
“Wonderful afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ruqxana was wonderful. We learnt a lot about all the ingredients and how to use them. First time I have seen fresh tumeric. There was 6 of us for the class which was a comfortable number. We got the train and the bus which was easy with her instructions.

Visited November 2012

cairns
“Highlight of my trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was impressed from the beginning with Ruqxana's super quick replies to my email booking. My boyfriend and I did the Malay cooking class together with another couple. Ruqxana was an excellent teacher, very easy going and made me feel very comfortable and welcome into her home. We both learnt valuable hints and tips for cooking Malay cuisine that we will remember forever. We caught a taxi from the city and it was only S$15.00.

Visited December 2012
Maitland, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable cooking class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

On the day I did the class, there was a small group of 8 people. We attended the home of the teacher (I can't remember how to spell her name, so I'll just call her the teacher), and were given an overview of what we'd be cooking. We then split into groups of two (this was fine as we were all there as couples) and worked our way through cooking a number of dishes.

I found the class was well run, with the teacher showing us how to do things and talking about the ingredients, then we'd move off to our own cooking station and cook it ourselves. The location is about $15 in a cab from the CBD.

The class was very laid back and fun and I'd recommend it if travelling to Singapore.

Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent Malay Cooking Classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Come to Cookery Magic for excellent lessons in home cooking with Ruqxana! Learn the beautiful simplicity of regional cooking in her own home! I took the introduction to Malay cooking for S$80 and it was a 2-3 hour course and we prepared 4-5 different dishes. Ruqxana's methods are truly great and certainly worth a visit for anybody more interested in Malay cuisine. Check their website for their calendar as they do offer different classes on different days.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Highlight of Our Visit to Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you're looking for a wonderful cultural experience and an authentic taste of Singapore, this is the activity to try. As other reviewers have mentioned, don't book a Cookery Magic class with the expectation of a full-service, modern kitchen. You'll instead be going to a cozy neighborhood in the suburbs of Singapore, where you'll cook on the covered, outside back porch of a charming home. After the cooking is done, you'll enjoy your food at a sit-down meal with your other classmates, topping off the memorable experience with great conversation.

I went to Cookery Magic with my mother and mother-in-law, and both of them raved about the experience. We did an afternoon class that featured an authentic Malaysian selection of foods, which was the perfect accompaniment to our Singapore visit. Go to the class with an open mind, a willingness to learn, and an enthusiasm to cook, and you'll love it. We sure did.

Visited October 2012