“Excellent Malay Cooking Classes” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent Malay Cooking Classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Come to Cookery Magic for excellent lessons in home cooking with Ruqxana! Learn the beautiful simplicity of regional cooking in her own home! I took the introduction to Malay cooking for S$80 and it was a 2-3 hour course and we prepared 4-5 different dishes. Ruqxana's methods are truly great and certainly worth a visit for anybody more interested in Malay cuisine. Check their website for their calendar as they do offer different classes on different days.

Visited October 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Highlight of Our Visit to Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you're looking for a wonderful cultural experience and an authentic taste of Singapore, this is the activity to try. As other reviewers have mentioned, don't book a Cookery Magic class with the expectation of a full-service, modern kitchen. You'll instead be going to a cozy neighborhood in the suburbs of Singapore, where you'll cook on the covered, outside back porch of a charming home. After the cooking is done, you'll enjoy your food at a sit-down meal with your other classmates, topping off the memorable experience with great conversation.

I went to Cookery Magic with my mother and mother-in-law, and both of them raved about the experience. We did an afternoon class that featured an authentic Malaysian selection of foods, which was the perfect accompaniment to our Singapore visit. Go to the class with an open mind, a willingness to learn, and an enthusiasm to cook, and you'll love it. We sure did.

Visited October 2012
london
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This time last year I visited Singapore with work. I had a few days off to see the sights. The real highlight for me was the Cookery Magic course I did for a few hours one afternoon. Its a bit of a walk from the nearest station (especially in the Singapore sun) but it also meant I got to see a residential bit of the city.

I learnt how to cook

Char Kuey Teow (fried rice noodles)
Chili Crab
Onde Onde

It was great fun. I was with a group of about 10 people but everyone got to make their own after being shown how to do it. I would love to go back. If you are ever in Singapore do go to Cookery Magic.

Visited November 2011
Novato, California
“Fantastic time cooking with clay pots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Clean, informative, and learned to cook wonderful food! Especially enjoyed learning to cook claypot mussles.

Visited August 2012
Melbourne
9 attraction reviews
“Traditional Cooking, Humble Host and Facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you are expecting flash cooking stations and the latest cookery gadgets, go somewhere else. This is humble, down to earth, rustic cooking at it's best. I did think it was a little pricey. We made chilli prawns, a noodle dish and doughy doughnuts. Our host and helper were lovely and accomodating and the group I cooked with were fabulous. The four of us came solo and ended up chatting, laughing and having a great day - by the time we left it felt like we'd known each other for ages! Unfortunately I didn't get any phone numbers or e-mail addresses, so girls (from Perth, Sydney and Singpore - moving to Belgium?? from cooking date 12/7/12) if you are reading this - send me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Visited July 2012