“High-end Chinese cuisine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
5 Raffles Avenue, Marina Square | Level 5, Mandarin Oriental Singapore, Singapore 039797, Singapore (Marina Bay)
+65 6338 0066
Cuisines: Chinese, Cantonese
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Step through the magnificent doors of this traditional courtyard style residence and be seduced by the modern designs of Oriental splendor. An adept eye has blended sumptuous materials, charcoaled teak panels, slate floors and pools of light. Two private dining rooms decorated in a residential style are available. The menu offers an eclectic selection of Cantonese cuisine, presented in a modern style. Weekends will never be the same again with an all new a-la-carte dim sum buffet featuring an extensive selection of more than 20 exquisite handmade dim sum - complemented by a variety of comforting double-boiled soups, congee, fried rice and noodles, appetizers and special dishes* - all served a la minute upon order. (* Please note that appetizers and specials are limited to one order per table) Our awards include "Singapore's Best Restaurant 2006 & 2007" by Singapore Tatler and "Singapore's Top Restaurant 2006 & 2007" by Wine & Dine.
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“High-end Chinese cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

In the past I've often been a little reluctant to try hotel restaurants especially, for some strange reason, in the same hotel I'm staying. Having dined at Cherry Garden I need not have had any concerns. The welcome you get from the maitre d' when first entering the restaurant is very warm and there is a buzz from the diners (certainly at the time we went). As you'd expect the decor is tasteful, the tables well spaced and the whole place has a quality feel.
As for the menu, it's extensive and the set meals have great variety. The food doesn't disappoint either.
I'm typically not price sensitive; if the food is basic but inexpensive I'll rate it highly, if it's genuine haute cuisine but expnsive I'll also rate it highly. My sense is that Cherry Garden is priced at the top end of what it's worth and I say that in the context of the high prices for up-scale restaurants in Singapore generally.
Small touches were also good, like for example the restaurant manager taking the time to talk to us at the table between courses, offering to replace a course my daughter didn't like and giving my wife and daughter a rose each as they left.
In conclusion, we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and it was worht the price paid (just).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great treat for a dim sum buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had the dim sum buffet at Cherry Garden. There's a good range of dishes on the buffet to choose, although probably not too much if you're vegetarian. I don't usually like fried dim sum but the batter was always kept tasty and light! I especially recommend the roast pork, char siu and custard buns. The decor and setting is that of a Chinese garden and is certainly something different from other restaurants. Despite being quite busy, the staff remained attentive and very pleasant throughout our meal. Certainly not a cheap meal at $68++ per person, but is definitely worth it for a special occasion!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“A Real Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you like Catonese Food this is the place and you don't even have to leave the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.he atmosphere, wine, food and staff are first rate.

Visited July 2014
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

It was a Sunday dinner with my family. Make a reservation few days back with their new set meal, I had their treasure pot which consist of total 18 ingredient. This set meal need at least 6 hours advance booking for the chef to prepare as all 18 premium ingredient inside the pot.
We were greeted by the hottest Joy and Nicholas which direct us to our seats. Beverage was offered immediately. Food was served within 10 mins since we already per-ordered our set meals. First was appetizer follow by the huge pot of treasure pot. We were WoW by the size of the pot and the ingredient within.
The taste was excellent. Food was not too salty as my parent commented that most of the treasure pot were too salty compare to what they taste in cherry garden.
We could not finish the treasure pot, while about to end the servers served us noodle, which we could even finish our treasure pot. But the noodle was awesome, although we were bloated but the we manage to finish the heavenly taste of the noodle. The noodle was a simple dish, noodle cook with broth with some vegetable, but the taste of the noodle is what in my life I never tried before.
And finally dessert.
Food was excellent, glad that everyone give a thumbs up for this dinner.
Service undoubtedly 5 star, special thanks to Dylis, Nicholas, Joy and Kama.

Visited July 2014
“Good Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went to this place for a Sunday Dim Sum buffet with my wife and friends.

The food was good for a buffet. The prawn dumplings were fresh and crunchy.

We especially love the char siew- roast pork. It was tender and so sweetly marinated. It;s worth coming back for this alone.

We ordered the ala carte buffet which was a free flow quantity of meat dumplings, steamed buns and many many other choices.

I would have given this place a higher rating had it not been for poor service. Throughout the meal, we felt we were mostly ignored and it was very hard to get the attention of the staff to refill the tea pot.

I will come back again. But I may not have the high expectation I had when I first came...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere