“No clear sign to entrance” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Fondue

La Fondue
Block 25 Dempsey Road Dempsey Hill Green, Singapore, Singapore (Tanglin)
6474 0204
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,163 of 7,404 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Otterlo, The Netherlands
“No clear sign to entrance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lousy signboards with no clear directions.. this restaurant is quietly tucked behind Long Beach restaurant. Cheese fondue is not bad, but quite disappointed with the chocolate fondue... nothing special at all.

Other main courses like carbonara or pork cutlet tasted ordinary. Food took ages to arrive, even though restaurant wasn't packed at all.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Singapore
“We ate too much of the Feast!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We ate too much of everything. The Caesar Salad was very rich,but there no salty taste which i like most, the cheese fondue was very oh-la-la. I think slightly better than other cheese fondue in Singapore.The decor is very cozy ( I just don't like my Chair!). The entrees and the milk chocolate was very good.The Cheese raclette is very yummy.must try! i recommend this place for couples or for a small group who wants to have a very intimate dinner.

Visited September 2012
“UNBELIEVABLE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Just ate at La Fondue Dempsey and I cannot believe what a huge disappointment it was! It is my first time eating fondue and if other fondues are like this, I will not have it again!! I paid SGD 150 for their "FEAST" for 2 and the portion is not even enough for kids! For the cheese fondue, each person gets 2 tiny pieces of grape tomato, 2 tiny pieces of broccoli, 2 small pieces of capsicum... well you get the point. For the desert it was even worse! They cut ONE strawberry into 4 pieces, one tiny piece of kiwi into 4, probably a quarter of banana....

The place is also stuffy and smelly! They had to open the window to air the restaurant. You have been warned. This is BY FAR the worst restaurant in Dempsey. BY FAR. I don't think it will say around for much longer.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good service, bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We saw this restaurant in one of the restaurant guides and went there as we wanted something different that night. The fact the restaurant was empty when we got there was not a good omen! We chose the fondue special (cheese fondue as starter, fondue bourguinon as main, chocolate fonue as desert). Have had many fondues and I can confidently say that the cheese fondue was the worst I ever had. It just didn't have any taste at all! The chocolate one was ok, but then there's not a lot that can go wrong when you melt chocolate I guess. Sevice was ok, but we were the only table to serve. Not worth a repeat!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy venue with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Visited the restaurant last week and felt the place deserved a review. We ordered the “Indulge” set menu ($40 pax), featuring salads, cheese fondue and a selection of meats. The salads were decent, nothing to shout about, though I did enjoy the Potato salad – the crunch of the bacon coupled with the softness of the baby potatoes was quite a delight.
I am personally a big fan of cheese and having visited Switzerland on a number of occasions, I wasn’t disappointed - instead of offering simply bread with the cheese, as is usually the case, I was offered a selection of vegetables and ham to go along with it. The cheese itself was tasty. Being discerning, I was even offered to sample the cheese prior to cooking. I felt that was a nice touch! As for the meats, these were flavourful and very tender. The pork liver was particularly sumptuous! Recommended. Unfortunately, we over-cooked the pork loin and it turned out a little too “tough”, but besides that, the meat fondue was great. Anyway, we should have stopped here but my partner insisted on ordering their Grilled Tenderloin steak (about $30). We ended up sharing it and I must say that was beautifully done and very tender indeed. This is highly recommended. As for the service, the staff member on duty was particularly helpful and attentive. The restaurant's ambience feels cosy and relaxed. The selection of tracks played in the restaurant were wonderful. We left feeling a little too full but satisfied nonetheless. Overall, the food was good, the environment comfortable, and the service good. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2012