“The most expensive sashimi and miso soup I have eaten on 5 continents” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shiraishi

Shiraishi
7 Raffles Avenue | The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, Singapore 039799, Singapore (Downtown Core)
65-6337-8888
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,805 of 7,375 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Description: Traditional Japanese cuisine created by Chef Shiraishi Shinji. One private tatami room (seats 6)
Melbourne, Australia
“The most expensive sashimi and miso soup I have eaten on 5 continents”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

The most expesive sashimi and Miso soup I have ever eaten. It was also a very small serve . I have eaten Japanese food in 9 countries. Including other restaurants in Singapore

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
“One of best Japanese restaurant for business/sepcial occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was invited from our corporate executive officer to have dinner here. As a Japanese expat, I would usually be very picky on the standard of food for Japanese food, but they have not let me down on the level of cuisine they offered, though it comes with high price tag. I would recommend here for special occasions including business dinners, anniversaries.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best Japanese restaurant in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

Eating at Shiraishi is always a treat. Chef Shiraishi always recommend the best seasonal food from Japan. The sashimi and sushi are always excellent. We had the Sakura Ebi tempura which is the seasonal Cherry Blossom scrimps. Very delicious. We will be going again next week when the Japanese oysters are in season.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the best.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

One of the best.

Tokyo, Japan
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

We had a great meal! My husband, who grew up in Japan and is very hard to please with sushi, said this is one of the best places he's been to and even went back a second time after I left Singapore. It is pricey, but really good sushi tends to be expensive. We sat at the sushi bar and the chefs were so nice and friendly. We had an amazing time and will make this one of our regular places when we move to Singapore this summer.