“great coffee and good muesli !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Brio's

Cafe Brio's
Singapore, Singapore (The Quays)
(65) 6233-1100
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Quays
Brisbane, Australia
“great coffee and good muesli !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

One of the reasons I stay here is fantastic breakfast, one is spoilt for choice what to eat and flawless service. One of the highlight of the day to have a drawn out breakfast with lots of good coffee!!!

Visited July 2012

Singapore
“Great service but limited variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Visited for lunch buffet on a weekday. The crowd is good, not too packed so we have a good space for our group.

It was holding the seafood event when we visited so there were quite a few fish and seafood dish. The quality of food is good and the prawns were fresh and best of all, de-shelled (except for the cold entries). The sashimi counter was managed by a chef who will slice the fresh fish upon order. There were good range of salad too.

However, I find the variety is lacking. I would have appreciated more choices of the cooked food as well as the dessert. Nevertheless, there are variety of local kueh which is a nice thing to have considering most buffet comes with only western cakes.

Service was very good with staff there being attentive and table was cleared promptly. I had requested for fruit juice which was done well and met my requests (i.e. the fruit mix, less ice, etc.). For the price paid though, I would not rank it as affordable. But do check on the available card promotion which may give savings up to 25%.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Ok for Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Totally buffet.Ok for breakfast and perhaps lunch but only a short walk to better restaurants on other side of river for dinner.

Visited June 2012
Singapore
“Great Spread, Poor Quality Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

TripAdvisor Review

Is it the sorry state of the hotel industry that there is a labour shortage, or is quality service sorely lacking in hospitality professionals?

After being shown to my seat, I would have expected to be asked  if I would like to order a drink. It was unfortunately not apparent to the team member that a drink was needed. It was 7 minutes after sitting that I had to ask the same team member for a glass of water, when it should have been offered as soon as I sat!

It was another 5 minutes before I was offered a glass of water and asked if I wanted to order a drink.

The ambience of the restaurant was nice enough but while I understand the need to maximize tables, they were a little too close for comfort as there is always a perpetual danger of knocking into a neighboring table.

The food was another thing altogether. The buffet spread was a sumptuous smorgasbord so varied that I was at a loss as to how I should start off my meal. The selection, leaning towards Indian cuisine;  was nothing short of amazing.

Kudos to the Executive Chef and his culinary team, so all is not lost.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good value-for-money buffet spread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Spread was good - there is the requisite array of food you expect from an international buffet. Sushi//sashimi, teppanyaki counter, chilled seafood (even oysters and Alaskan king crab legs), local nonya dishes, the obligatory Indian dishes, soups, salad bar that none of the value-for-my-money-why-I-pay-so-much-to-eat-veg-har singaporeans would touch, dessert, ice-cream and chocolate fondue fountain.

Quality of the food was excellent overall - seafood was fresh, teppanyaki was so well-cooked, and some of the desserts (apple crumble) were really excellent.

I would rate this one of the better value-for-money buffet places I've been to so far. It really is a good deal compared to the likes of Melt or even The Line. Quality is half a notch below these places but the price is several notches down.

• Visited May 2012