“Things Go Missing From The Room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Avenue Clemenceau

You added Park Avenue Clemenceau to your Saves list
Park Avenue Clemenceau
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   81A Clemenceau Avenue # 05-18 | UE Square, Singapore 239918, Singapore   |
Ranked #65 of 189 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Things Go Missing From The Room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed as part of a relocation to Singapore. Good location and clean room... A little too clean as regret not locking away all personal possessions. Complained to front desk staff who seemed used to this complaint but really weren't interested.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sammi W, Marketing Manager at Park Avenue Clemenceau, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Park Avenue Clemenceau Singapore.

At Park Avenue Clemenceau, we strongly believe that it is our duty to provide all our guests with a warm and high level of hospitality service throughout their stay. Please accept my deepest heartfelt apologies for your lost items from the room, we will look into it accordingly and improve our processes to provide a better service experience in the future.

Thanks and regards,
Sammi Wu
Assistant Marketing Manager
Email: sammiwu@uel.sg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I say this with sincere Honesty and a real heavy heart.
My stay there ended before it actually began. Me and my Family got a suite there to celebrate a birthday we were not told it was a non smoking room and that we can only have 4 persons in the suite. It was a 21St b'day party! who invites 4 ppl? and were told very rudely that we had to leave and when question why the local mainland Chinese Manager said quote" you Indians alway come here and fight"! I have no idea why he(Skinny tall older Chinese gentleman) said this and continued with further race affiliated statements! We decided to leave and a refund was not offered to us only when we demanded for a refund did they agree to it however they had said it'll take longer than a week to receive the refund?. I shall not dwell on this further as i feel really uncomfortable speaking about this however I am seriously appalled by the rude unprofessional behavior of the hotel . I did call the receptionist to speak to a higher authority and she was really nice on the phone but she had transferred me to the same Manager even-though I had requested to her that I want to speak to his superior and not him. That was a very dodgy move they tried to pull.

Having said all of this the suites are really small and I would never stay there ever again as rudeness/Racism should never be tolerated in the service industrie. There's plenty of other places who provide much better services at affordable rates. We have also recorded the conversation in a phone as we when back to the reception to return the keys and asked the same manager why he had made that statement he again made the same race related statements. And apparently the manager is actually a director "Eddie Chan"?

• Stayed September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great hotel, close to rail way station and only 3 stop from Changi airport. New hotel. Great staff and we enjoyed being so close to many shops. We checked in late at night and they still had staff there. All the shops nearby were also open late so we dropped off our bags and went out to see what was around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

It is with a heavy heart that I write this review as it has come to the end of my two week stay at Park Avenue and I have tremendously enjoyed the entire two weeks here.

I stayed in a one bedroom superior apartment which comes with one room, one bathroom, a kitchen with washer/dryer, a small dining area with a dining table for four and a small living area with a sofa, tv and a lazy chair. The shower in my bathroom required for me to step into the bath tub so the bath and shower were not separated. It is not safe for older people and is not disabled friendly. My washing machine was a brand called Indesit and each wash and dry took over 3 hours to complete I'm not sure if that's normal.

In terms of service, the staff at this place need to improve on their attitude. I had housekeeping service three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The housekeeper cleaned and changed the sheets and towels but didn't help with the dishes. The toiletries were never replenished and they could have been more generous with toilet rolls. Also I had a simple enquiry about parking rates and it took 3 days for the staff to revert with a concrete response. Also one night at 11.30pm I received a creepy phone call from the night guard over a false pretext to ask whether I had received a response to my parking enquiry- it was very disturbing and inappropriate for the guard to call up so late at night.

A light breakfast was provided from Monday to Friday- but the selection was very limited. They only offered some pastries, breads, croissants, fruits, cornflakes, milk, coffee, tea and water.

Aside from the sub standard service, the location is good but not convenient because it is nowhere close to an MRT although there is a taxi stand and a couple of bus stops nearby. I love the fact that Park Avenue is connected to the UE square mall which is not a fantastic mall but its a neighbourhood mall with a jungle gym for kids, art classes for kids, music lessons for kids, nail spa, deli France, o briens, 7-11 store and a cold storage upstairs for groceries! Down the road to the left, there is also a row of Chinese eateries providing food options at a reasonable price.

There are plenty of Japanese and German expat families with their children living close by so there was a very family oriented feel to this place. There are also a good number of wine bars and western dining options nearby and Clarke quay and boat quay are within walking distance.

Travelling to work proved to be a bit challenging as Park Avenue was nowhere near a train station. In the mornings from Monday to Friday, there is a free shuttle bus which travels from UE square to Coleman street which is very close to the City hall MRT. In the evenings the last shuttle is at 6.30pm so the timing did not suit my work hours. Instead I would take the public bus home. From the city hall mrt station, buses 32 and 195 runs back to the river valley road just a minute walk or maybe less to ue square.

I have really enjoyed my stay here and will not hesitate to recommend it to young singles, families and business travellers. Unfortunately due to work requirements, i need to move to a new place on the Marina Bay as the commute was inconvenient for my long hours. For completeness, I thought I would share- parking space is ample. The parking lot is dim and poorly lit- but was safe. The parking charges are as follows: sgd1.50 from 8am to 1.30pm, sgd 2.00 from after 1.30pm to 11pm, sgd 2.00 from 11pm to 8am. Payment is by auto pass.

• Stayed March 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed there this September. I shared a common room with a lovely Vietnamese girl. It cost me only 90 SGD/night. I really love this place. Right in the center, a couple minutes away from the Clarke Quay & It's a good place to shop since the Orchard & Somerset are just about 5' away. The room is perfectly furnished & with swimming pool view, plus free breakfast! Totally love it! Will stay there on my next trip to Singapore.

Room Tip: Some blue-collar workers of Int'l companies hire the room for their long-time business trip in S...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Room are clean & staff is really polite, Some walking distance from Clarke MRT although they do provide for morning & evening drops to City Hall MRT. Swimming pool is good & GYM is decent.Breakfast is really something which they need to improve.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have been staying at Park Avenue Suites for a month, and plan to be here for another 6-8 months. My experience started off as being not-so-great, but the management has been super responsive and helpful.

My initial apartment did not have good internet access, and had a slight problem with ants, so I was moved to a nice, new place overlooking the pool. The apartment is spacious, clean and well-maintained. I love the location, it is very central - right next to Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay... yet silent and not crowded. The place is not very close to an MRT, but there are enough buses and a taxi stand under the building.

There is a shopping mall in the first few floors - with cold storage and all necessities. Many, many places to eat (like everywhere in Singapore). I highly recommend staying here if you want to be here for long. For a short stay, you may want to be in a more commercial, crowded and connected location.

Room Tip: The section overlooking Fort Canning and Clarke Quay is fabulous, but undergoing renovation right no...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Avenue Clemenceau? Share your experiences!