“Best in-room dining ever” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Airport Blvd #01-01 | Changi Airport - Terminal 3, Singapore 819664, Singapore   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Barcelona, Spain
“Best in-room dining ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed at Crowne Plaza whilst in transit to Langkawi. I would recommend staying here to anyone but it does come at a price. It is an expensive hotel but the facilities are comfortable and service good. I would recommend the room service menu - the best Hainese Chicken Rice I have ever had. So, for service, comfort and convenience - I would pay a little extra and highly recommend you stay at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear RachelNT,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport again. I'm pleased to hear that you loved our spacious rooms and great location!

We are always striving to present all our guests with great service and products and we are delighted to hear that you loved our rendition of Hainanese Chicken Rice.

Thank you again for recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisane.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had an overnight transit in Singapore on my way to Brisbane. The hotel is well placed for all three terminals and easy to get to using the SIN airport terminal transit rail system. I ended up booking direct with the hotel as non of the internet sites for hotel accommodation were cheaper. Even so it cost $320 with taxes, so not a cheap option.

However, the room was a good size, modern with a decent bathroom. Very comfortable. If you use the hotel make sure you use the fabulous swimming pool which is open air and great for laps and has sun loungers in a tropical setting. The gym is quite acceptable too. All in all a good hotel if expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Martin D,

Thank you for reviewing Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We are very appreciative of the time you've taken to share about your experience with others on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and found us very convenient and accessible.

We'll continue to work hard to create a great hotel guests love and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Singapore.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of the convenience of being in the hotel Terminal, and in that respect you can't beat it. From door of plane to hotel room took about 25mins which is great.

BUT there is no wireless internet in the rooms!!! I can't imagine how one can justify this in 2013. I have stayed in the crappiest hotels that still have wi-fi. The management of this hotel must understand that in this day and age, as a businessperson, my whole life is on the internet. They have a cable for internet, but I have a Macbook air with no cable inlet.

Also there was only pork options at the buffet breakfast. Management could consider that most of the world doesn't eat pork!

Management also needs to understand that I have a choice. My company gives me $350 and I can choose anywhere I want to stay under that. Next time I'll go into town where I'm guaranteed wireless!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear africantraveler1,

Thank you for your honest and candid review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will definitely ensure your feedback is sent to the management for their consideration.

I am disappointed to hear that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us due to issues regarding WiFi availability and limited options during our breakfast buffet.

We are in the process of introducing WiFi into all rooms in the hotel. Meanwhile, guests who require WiFi, they may request for the router to be set up in their rooms. This can be communicated to our reception on check-in or by contacting our One Stop Service team for assistance with the guest room phone. I am sorry if this was not communicated by our service teams during your stay with us.

We constantly refresh our breakfast menus to ensure that all our guests are able to enjoy a hearty and enjoyable breakfast and we will ensure your feedback on breakfast is forwarded to our F&B team.

We would like to thank you for choosing us and we hope that you'll give us a second chance on your next trip to Singapore.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The rooms at this hotel are not maintained well at all. We switched rooms after we were placed in a room that had buckling wallpaper, a broken desk, furniture that was torn. The beds at this hotel are extremely hard and uncomfortable. It felt like we were sleeping on the floor- even after the manager had housekeeping add two additional mattress pads to the mattress. The staff is friendly and the exterior and common areas of the hotel are beautiful. Unfortunately, these were not important to us, as we were paying for the room and not the superficial exterior. I am astonished that anyone would rate this hotel greater than 3 stars. Do not be fooled as we were, this is not the quality of a 5 star hotel as it is advertised, much less even a 3 star hotel. I would equate this to a low-end Best Western in the U.S. certainly not worth more than $150 per night. The only other benefit to this hotel is that it is in the airport, but it is my understanding that there is also a terminal hotel past security that is cheaper and better maintained. I would never stay here again or recommend anyone to stay at this property.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Jasonwm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We also appreciate your feedback on your experience with us greatly.

I am sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with us and were unable to enjoy your stay due to the condition of your assigned room and bed. I'd like to assure you that we have forwarded your feedback to the relevant departments and they are working on ensuring all our room fittings are well maintained. We would also like to look into this and would like to invite you to share more details of your stay via email to carrie.sim@ihg.com.

We would like to assure you that the beds we've used are one of the recommended brands that comply with brand standards for all Crowne Plazas around the world. These beds are chosen for their quality and comfort. I am disappointed to hear that they did not meet your expectations.

Thank you once again and I hope that you'll be able to give Crowne Plaza Changi Airport another chance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

There are cheaper hotels, no doubt, but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of finding one and then getting a taxi. Take my advice, in the airport stay here. I didn't have a reservation. No problem. The rooms are extremely well appointed and you have great views of the airport action. Good sound proofing makes that action less than obtrusive. The iPhone dock was welcome as was the big bath - indeed, I checked in then went back to have a long soak. My only gripes were that they tried to get me to pay an additional $10 for wifi (no way, just kick up a fuss at the desk) and the room service menu was expensive (there are plenty of places in the terminal offering take away). Otherwise, top marks.

Room Tip: Ask to face the runway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bond007123,

We'll continue to provide our guests with better, seamless service and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Singapore.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Modern hotel just right in Changi Airport area. Just the right hotel in Singapore when you need to fly away very early in the morning & don't need to go the city center. Reasonable breakfast, good room & amazingly quite for the location at the airport.

Room Tip: If you need wake up early to fly away, don't forget to use the wake up call service :-)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Octovianus G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We value your feedback and the hotel is constantly trying to present a better experience to all our guests by taking into consideration our guest feedback.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our accessibility and that had a comfortable and luxurious stay with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with Crowne Plaza Changi Airport on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Innisfail, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel design and location are great, as are the rooms. Very comfortable and it could be a great hotel with just a little effort...but sadly other than Pen in the Club Lounge, none of the staff made any effort to give any service or even to recognize their customers.

Management seems to be a challenge at the Crowne Plaza in Singapore. There seemed to be a lack of management presence anywhere. None in the bar, none in the Front Desk and none in the Club Lounge. Perhaps that's why the staff are so disengaged.

This was further demonstrated when 10 days after sharing my feedback regarding poor service with IHG Rewards Club, the Customer Service Manager at the Crowne Plaza emailed me asking me to share feedback with them regarding my stay! Maybe if they left the office and engaged with their customers, the management would have all the feedback needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear MjMarlay,

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to leave us with your honest feedback regarding your experience with us. Your comments are very valuable to us as we strive to provide a seamless and memorable experience to each one of our guests.

I am disappointed to hear that you found our staff disengaged during your stay. We will definitely work harder on ensuring that our service aligns with our brand values and that our staff is always welcoming with a personal touch.

Nevertheless, I'm happy that you found our hotel design and location great and had a comfortable stay.

We would like to invite you to email me at carrie.sim@ihg.com with more details of your booking and stay so that we may further look into your feedback.

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!