We had a 2 night stopover in Singapore from Malaysia, and decided to try out the Crowne Plaza Changi. We travel to that part of Asia very frequently and usually end up in a hotel around the Marina area, but this time decided not to lug our luggages around just because the stopover was really short.
To be honest, I was concerned about the aircraft noise, and being a light sleeper, this was the major reason I've consciously chosen not to stay at airport hotels in any city I visited. Taking this risk did pay off. Yes, there certainly was noise from the tarmac, but being mentally prepared did help. The big advantage was that we could unpack and unwind almost immediately on touching down at Changi Airport, and we could dispense with the hassle of a taxi ride with our luggages into the town area.
We had booked 2 adjoining rooms - the other for our 2 kids. The rooms were well equipped, clean and presentable, although small and tight. However, since we were out on town most of the 2 days and nights, that didn't become an issue. If we needed a quick bite, just a 5 minute walk outside the hotel and there was a massive food court at T3.
On our morning of departure, it was a breeze catching our early morning flight, which was another reason we chose this hotel.
If we ever did short stopovers in Singapore again, this would be the way to go for us. The hotel was comfortable, the staff was helpful, and the location at T3 was extremely convenient catching flights no matter which terminal your flight would depart from.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
- Crowne Plaza Singapore
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is located within the immediate vicinity of Singapore Changi Airport, linked to Terminal 3 via covered walkways. Guests can also reach Terminals 1 and 2 via Changi Airport's automated People Mover System comprising ten train services. Close to the Singapore Expo, business parks, golf courses and East Coast Park Beach, one of Singapore's most popular recreational spots and coupled with easy downtown access by MRT or expressway, guests will find Crowne Plaza Changi Airport the perfect hub for corporate or social meetings. It is less an airport hotel than a superbly comfortable and stylish hotel in an extremely convenient location - a contemporary urban resort 'Where the world meets Singapore'.Designed by award-winning architects WOHA, Crowne Plaza Changi Airport encapsulates elements of both city and resort hotel. Its sleek modern lines are most contemporary, yet nature underpins its design so guests can take advantage of the balmy tropics and also enjoy that hideaway resort feel. The Place To Meet for work or play, Crowne Plaza Changi Airport promises to be special in many respects: sleek modern lines including a stunning facade. Rooms with private patios and poolside sundecks, creative oval-shaped meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, AsiaRooms, Venere, Otel, Agoda, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.